Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Red Bull In Deep Sh#t Again..

I don't know whether Newey's going senile, but he seems to belosing his grip on things. After a long pointless expensive campaign to terminate or transfer the Ferrari engine contract, purely on his whims now it seems like his new Mclaren clone Red Bull isn't quite the multi race winner that some people had hoped for.

The article is in German, I found a translation.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/sport/f...01769_14136.hbs

"The drivers complain about, the car having far to little downforce, althought wind tunnel tests tells them otherwise. On the 4km long track of valencia the car had together with renault and mclaren some of the highest top speeds, however in the corners the car handles like "Sh#t". The tyres arent working and even after long runs the tires look like new. The engineers hope to have found the root of the problem and hope to solve it before the next test. If their assumption isnt correct and the problem isnt solved soon, they are in big trouble.

Furthermore, they have problems with the gearbox and they arent even using the new seamless shift version. Adrian cars were never famous for their stability Gary Anderson says.

If this is true then it could be a problem as it sounds like the new RB3 has the same problem as the MP4-21 which was its inability to get heat into its tyres. However in that article you posted the engineers think they have found the problem so their is a decent chance they will have it fixed by the nest test in afew days time. Its good that the RB3 is light on its tyres but there are extremes but if Red Bull can make the tyres heat up abit quicker then it sounds like the car has alot of potential.

yer same problem as what toyota had last year in winter testing and the first race. but in toyotas case they thought the problem was with the cold track temperatures so the team didnt see it as a big issue going in the 06' season..i have heard honda are going through similar issues as well. but they still have a month or so to fix this issue, and of course the bahrain test will help them even more in term of fixing this issue...

If this is true then it could be a problem as it sounds like the new RB3 has the same problem as the MP4-21 which was its inability to get heat into its tyres. However in that article you posted the engineers think they have found the problem so their is a decent chance they will have it fixed by the nest test in afew days time. Its good that the RB3 is light on its tyres but there are extremes but if Red Bull can make the tyres heat up abit quicker then it sounds like the car has alot of potential.

If they can fix it, if not...............................

If they can fix it, if not...............................

If they cant fix it then Red Bull are in trouble but i dont think we are giving the Red Bull engineers enough credit in their ability to fix it. The article says that the Red Bull engineers have located the problem and we all know that is the first step in actually fixing it. I would be alot more worried if the article says that the engineers have no idea whats wrong but that isnt the case so im still optimistic.

Ahh... Gary Anderson? Is that who said all that? Kos wtf would he know, he is been busy with A1GP Ireland.....

I said months ago that the Red Bull is never going to live up to the crazy expectations, you can go on deluding your self for another month if you want to. The writing is already on the wall.

Oh! You mean the RB3 may not be a great car afterall? Didn't see that coming.

My neighbour works on the aero at Red Bull. He hasn't been home all weekend.......

Are you stalking him?

Always. Maybe that's why he's away?

Always. Maybe that's why he's away?

:D

Anyway i dont think that is a sign that there is something wrong with the RB3. As i understand it the RB3's problem is it cant get enough heat in the tyres and that isnt a areo problem. Next time you see him say that i think he is a god amoung men :D

:D

Anyway i dont think that is a sign that there is something wrong with the RB3. As i understand it the RB3's problem is it cant get enough heat in the tyres and that isnt a areo problem. Next time you see him say that i think he is a god amoung men :D

No, he's probably off with a girl somewhere. I hardly ever see him, he puts some hours in. When we do talk i am conscious of trying to avoid shop because it would drive me mad; a fan going on about it all the time.

i'd be very interested to see an actual quote from DC/Webber/Horner/Newey

something i found on brazilian media

A esperan

'The hope David Coulthard had on his new RBR car is about to become irritation. After his first gear problems on 2007 car, his mood changed.

- I almost didn't drive it. I drove 6 laps in Barcelonas and only didn't stop on pits on one of them. A plane pilot can't analyze the plane if he only simulates it. That's my case - he says.

Asked about how much he needs to drivea a car to know if it's good or not, he was ironic:

- If I can do 10 laps at least, it's already good. My experience says cars that are easy to drive are not good. I'm hoping that's the case...'

So DC is saying that its a pig of a car to drive. But then again only a week ago he said that the fastest cars he has ever driven were all hard to drive so maybe its a good sign.

So DC is saying that its a pig of a car to drive. But then again only a week ago he said that the fastest cars he has ever driven were all hard to drive so maybe its a good sign.

...or maybe not :eusa_think:

I think DC gave up on believing RBR engineers... :ermm:

*forgot to say... that news came to me yesterday of the day before*

I chose to believe it is a good sign :D

.....ever the optimist :clap3:

Hmmm, I'd be rather surprised if this was true, I really don't see any of the team running and telling these kinds of things to press guys - sounds more like someone trying to use the poor McLaren of last season a reason to spout this rubbish!

well... it's on www.globoesporte.com if u understand portuguese... it's our major tv channel

click on 'formula um' and you'll find a headline about DC

well... it's on www.globoesporte.com if u understand portuguese... it's our major tv channel

click on 'formula um' and you'll find a headline about DC

Can you give us the general idea of the article as i dont speak portuguese and those translator programs on the internet arnt brilliant.

Just shows us once again how good Newey is at Aero, only problem is that he's too good for an F1 car, They do need some drag and they do need to put some heat in the tires. Maybe he'd be better off at boeing or Airbus designing an airplane. just turn all the wings on an F1 car upside down and strap a jet engine on it and off it goes.