Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Where Do We Stand - 4

Please do cav, perhaps we shall call this the postings of the paranoid, and we can crown you king of the paranoid ministrys. :king:

Is their a king of ministries ? Shouldn't it be high priest or something ?? or if it's the other kind of ministries you are talking about maybe a prime minister would be more suitable....just thinking out aloud

Kay, the reason I don't answer him is he knows why, he kept on opening a thread that ecap closed, he did it to stir up $hit, he was told not to, he continued, he was banned. Now he's back like the spoiled child not getting his way and continuing to stir up stuff, that's ok because he's paranoid and I forgive his dilusions, he wants to be banned, it's his myrterdom complex, I don't know and I'm past the point of careing.

With all due respect, I am curious as to why the thread was closed - The above is of course, I hope, not the answer, because the question is really - 'why was the thread locked' and the above does not really answer this, it just says that he kept opening the thread that ecap closed. the issue of contention here I think is why ecap closed it in the first place. Anyway, again, just thinking out loud.

If I were actually in your place, I would just give the reason, even if it is 'I don't like you' or 'Your posts are too close to the truth to be comfortable' or 'Because I wanted to'. That would solve a lot of grief, wouldn't it ? In fact, in your refusal to elucidate the forum with the appropriate reasons you have unwittingly provide fodder for the cannon.......

This is getting interesing now. Irresistable force meets unmovable object.

Kay, the reason I don't answer him is he knows why, he kept on opening a thread that ecap closed, he did it to stir up $hit, he was told not to, he continued, he was banned. Now he's back like the spoiled child not getting his way and continuing to stir up stuff, that's ok because he's paranoid and I forgive his dilusions, he wants to be banned, it's his myrterdom complex, I don't know and I'm past the point of careing.

With all due respect, I am curious as to why the thread was closed - The above is of course, I hope, not the answer, because the question is really - 'why was the thread locked' and the above does not really answer this, it just says that he kept opening the thread that ecap closed. the issue of contention here I think is why ecap closed it in the first place. Anyway, again, just thinking out loud.

If I were actually in your place, I would just give the reason, even if it is 'I don't like you' or 'Your posts are too close to the truth to be comfortable' or 'Because I wanted to'. That would solve a lot of grief, wouldn't it ? In fact, in your refusal to elucidate the forum with the appropriate reasons you have unwittingly provide fodder for the cannon.......

With all due respect I'm not ecap am I? I believe he closed because he thought things were going to get ugly, just go back and look...................

Ah, the preemptive doctrine, inherited straight from Dubyaman I believe. Rather conveniently it happened to be a thread criticizing him :eusa_think: And you closed the rest, and banned me, so just saying ecap closed the first won't cut it...

So you admit that it wasn't pumpdoc that shut the first one down?

How does it matter who closed the thread, it matter the reason... for the thread being shut.

How does it matter who closed the thread, it matter the reason... for the thread being shut.

It does matter because cav would have everyone believe that I did it. I cannot answer for ecap nor should I, but he closed a thread and I backed him up on it, cav reopened it I closed it and said not to take it further he did to call my bluff only he learned it wasn't a bluff.

As for the rest of you hammer away at me mateys I've got the hide of a rhino.

This is getting comical they way you are makeing it sound as if this forum was ruled by some draconion fukers, it's funny how the people that cause the most problems are students and the one's that cause nary a problem have a few years under their belts, gee have you ever thought that maybe if .....ah forget it..........................

Yeah us students are good at causing problems. You're right. In a way your generation protested in the real world while we protest at perhaps less important things online. At least we haven't completely lost the protest-spirit.

Yeah us students are good at causing problems. You're right. In a way your generation protested in the real world while we protest at perhaps less important things online. At least we haven't completely lost the protest-spirit.

No Murray it's a generational thing, the current generation has lost its compass when it comes to respect for others, ykick is a perfect example(not to pick on ykick)as he has little to no respect for anyone of the older generations, it's easy to be an a$$ online to others, why not who's going to call you out on the street for it? I may not convey my message the why I want to but people with half a brain ought to be able to figure it out...........

No Murray it's a generational thing, the current generation has lost its compass when it comes to respect for others, ykick is a perfect example(not to pick on ykick)as he has little to no respect for anyone of the older generations, it's easy to be an a$$ online to others, why not who's going to call you out on the street for it? I may not convey my message the why I want to but people with half a brain ought to be able to figure it out...........

this is the main crux of the ctrl arguement, he was being an a## online for a long time and finally he got his justice

Pump, I just wish you were going to the GP this year.

Limited funds this year, only going to Las Vegas for the Champcar opener and the in-state races. Saving for a Euro trip in '08 to see a GP.

It does matter because cav would have everyone believe that I did it.

You closed the other two and banned me for trying to keep the discussion open. Yet have strangely allowed this one to be open, consistency isn't your strong point, is it?

I cannot answer for ecap nor should I
You bloody well should if you are going to enforce his decisions, particularly if you are prepared to ban people for disagreeing. If you have no idea why it was closed, perhaps you sohuld have let it be until ecap saw it fit to explain himself. He hasn't bothered to yet...
, but he closed a thread and I backed him up on it, cav reopened it I closed it and said not to take it further he did to call my bluff only he learned it wasn't a bluff.

I am perfectly aware that you are capable of banning people at your whims, and I refuse to be intimidated by that. It is you who has tried to bluff me into submission many times, notably when you told me that for one offence I was lucky to not get a permanent ban.

As for the rest of you hammer away at me mateys I've got the hide of a rhino.
You hold the fact that you refuse to be answerable as a badge of pride. Pity.
This is getting comical they way you are makeing it sound as if this forum was ruled by some draconion fukers, it's funny how the people that cause the most problems are students and the one's that cause nary a problem have a few years under their belts, gee have you ever thought that maybe if .....ah forget it..........................

Or it is funny how the people who don't have any problem are Americans.

See what I did there? I can do it too, it's not that hard to come up with an absurd generalisation. Respect is earned, it isn't something you receive in direct proportion to your age.

Yeah cav respect is earned, you once had mine, now you are just a whingy person, continue on your tiraid..............

Limited funds this year, only going to Las Vegas for the Champcar opener and the in-state races. Saving for a Euro trip in '08 to see a GP.

which Gp are you planning for??

[quote name='cavallino' post='171386' date='Feb 7 2007, 07:29 PM']Or it is funny how the people who don't have any problem are Americans.

See what I did there? I can do it too, it's not that hard to come up with an absurd generalisation.[/quote]

I partly agree with this, and have said it once....I may see Bruce's intent better because I'm closer to his age and come from the same culture/nation. It's a valid point and not as absurd as you think.

[quote name='cavallino' post='171386' date='Feb 7 2007, 07:29 PM']Respect is earned, it isn't something you receive in direct proportion to your age.[/quote]

This I don't agree with. There is a respect you earn simply by gaining age and life experience. I give that respect to all who are older than me. Those of the same age I give respect to based on merit. Those who are younger, well, those I really need to work at to have respect for. Here's an anal -ogy: Two men are mountain climbing and one is far ahead and over a rise. He comes back to tell the one that is behind what the hike is like ahead. The one behind can give the one who came back respect for knowledge gained by being further along the climb, or he can disregard it and go forth...dealing with the unknown. I choose to heed the man ahead.

Come to Montreal, it will be cheap for you with the exchange and all.

I partly agree with this, and have said it once....I may see Bruce's intent better because I'm closer to his age and come from the same culture/nation. It's a valid point and not as absurd as you think.

This I don't agree with. There is a respect you earn simply by gaining age and life experience. I give that respect to all who are older than me. Those of the same age I give respect to based on merit. Those who are younger, well, those I really need to work at to have respect for. Here's an anal -ogy: Two men are mountain climbing and one is far ahead and over a rise. He comes back to tell the one that is behind what the hike is like ahead. The one behind can give the one who came back respect for knowledge gained by being further along the climb, or he can disregard it and go forth...dealing with the unknown. I choose to heed the man ahead.

well said, once again...

It's a valid point and not as absurd as you think.

The people who deserve the least respect are often ones who demand respect simply because of their age. I come from a culture where you can get away with that, I have seen a lot of it. Cuts no ice with me.

Two men are climbing a mountain, they decide to stop. You meet them on your way up. One's been standing there for 5 years, one has been standing there for 50.

I don't automatically give respect due to age, though of course a lot of old people will get respect because they have had the time to garner it. In any case, I am not passing a personal judgement, I have no idea about Bruce's personal life, what I do know does deserve respect. But what I really know of him is what he does on the forum and I prefer to judge him by that. And that doesn't deserve much, and it is quite independent of his real life age or accomplishments - I wouldn't question them, I won't even pretend to know anything about them. The advantage of a forum is we all start equal, the respect you get is earned.

Yeah cav respect is earned, you once had mine, now you are just a whingy person, continue on your tiraid..............

ditto.

The people who deserve the least respect are often ones who demand respect simply because of their age. I come from a culture where you can get away with that, I have seen a lot of it. Cuts no ice with me.

Two men are climbing a mountain, they decide to stop. You meet them on your way up. One's been standing there for 5 years, one has been standing there for 50.

Life doesn't stop for the living, and neither do experiences gained in life. Of course if you change the parameters of my anal - ogy (as you have done) you can draw a different conclusion.

Life doesn't stop for the living, and neither do experiences gained in life. Of course if you change the parameters of my anal - ogy (as you have done) you can draw a different conclusion.

Some people choose to stop learning from those experiences though, in which case the experience itself is of no significance.