Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Pick Your F1 Track

I was just wondering what you guys think of the F1 track of your home country. I personally think Melbourne a extremely boring circuit and think that the Australian GP could be soo much better than it currently is. I was just wondering if you got to choose what track would the F1 cars go on for your home Grand Prix.

This would be my choice. It is in Canberra near the centre of the city. Its abit like Monaco but has more overtaking opportunities and is a very challenging race track with many tight bends. Here is a map of the track.

Canberra_Street_Circuit.jpg

Also what is great about the track is the many roads nearby so the track can be easily changed if required. In my opinion this would make a great race that i would love to see. What track would you guys choose?

I love your Melbourne YKick, it has a good mixture of fast and mid speed corners. Being in the park and going around the lake only adds to its beauty. Although i love Silverstone, it has been watered down over the years and i would enkoy seeing a British GP at Donnington again, especially if it was raining....and we had a god in a dog of a car......ring any bells? (I know it was the European GP be fore you mention it).

I love your Melbourne YKick, it has a good mixture of fast and mid speed corners. Being in the park and going around the lake only adds to its beauty.

It is a nice looking track but my problem with it is it never provides exciting racing. Every race at Melbourne is far to predictable for my tastes.

Although i love Silverstone, it has been watered down over the years and i would enkoy seeing a British GP at Donnington again, especially if it was raining....and we had a god in a dog of a car......ring any bells? (I know it was the European GP be fore you mention it).

I agree. Silverstone isnt the most interesting track in the world as the only exciting thing that has happened there over the past 10 years was when Schumacher broke his leg. Ive only seem Donnington in video games but it does seem like a decent track. Does it provide exciting racing for the spectators?

Just out of curiosity, what changes have been made to silverstone which have made it worse?

All of them...........................

just give us back The Ring and I'll be happy. that new thing is crap but if its between the new ring and hockenheim i have to say the old Hockenheim for germany

Almost any track here in America is better than Indy, but here are my picks:

1) Road America

2) Portland

3) Laguna Seca

4) Long Beach

Of those four, Long Beach and Portland would have the best hotels, etc for Bernie's circus.

I like Indy, except for turns 9 and 10, those two damed slow hairpins. If they were made into a chicane, that'd be more welcome.

just give us back The Ring and I'll be happy. that new thing is crap but if its between the new ring and hockenheim i have to say the old Hockenheim for germany

Indeed. The old Hock circuit was truly incredible. :clap3:

I guess Silverstone though. :unsure:

For the american tracks, I don't much like Indy. It'd have to be either Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca or Sebring.

My favourite GP's and tracks :eusa_think:

i'd have to say....

1 MONACO, love all the tall buildings and tight bends and narrow streets and the tunnel. Lots of passing very glamouras :clap3:

2 MELBOURNE, the main reason i like this track is probably the beaty of it, very clean looking with the park and water. Another reason is probly the fact that usually its the first race of the season and i look foward to it sooooo much, and cause its AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE :naughty: (were's your patriotism ykick??)

3 GERMANY, lots of trees...

Indeed. The old Hock circuit was truly incredible. :clap3:

I guess Silverstone though. :unsure:

For the american tracks, I don't much like Indy. It'd have to be either Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca or Sebring.

I've been to Laguna Seca a couple of times for Cart races and it's a great race track. It would be a great track for f1 too!

Laguna wouldn't have much passing.

How much passing do you see on most f1 tracks, and if a champ car can pass on Laguna seca, f1 cars certainly could.

2 MELBOURNE, the main reason i like this track is probably the beaty of it, very clean looking with the park and water. Another reason is probly the fact that usually its the first race of the season and i look foward to it sooooo much, and cause its AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE :naughty:(were's your patriotism ykick??)

Ive got a tonn of patriotims (just ask other members of the forum) but i just object to having a mediocre track being the Australian GP when there are so many better choices avaliable.

I to like the Albert Park curcuit but if you want a bit of "BLING" the Gold Coast

Indy track would be great. I've been the last couple of years and its been awesome... :D

Basically Sillyverstone has been ruined from Bridge to Copse.

Which photoshoppy graphics thingy wizard here is going to design a track with all the best corners in? We should include Maggots, Laguna Seca's corkscrew, 130R, Turkey's turn 8, Eau Rouge and the old Hockenheim straight, for starters.

Which photoshoppy graphics thingy wizard here is going to design a track with all the best corners in? We should include Maggots, Laguna Seca's corkscrew, 130R, Turkey's turn 8, Eau Rouge and the old Hockenheim straight, for starters.

Yep , great idea drib...

The altimate curcuit. :clap3:

Those things are interesting but would never work since a corner's characterisitcs are actualy definded by what leads to it and the car being driven more then the actual corner.

My candidates for the US:

The old Sears Point, now called something else.

Infineon_Raceway.gif

Mid Ohio (lots of passing opportunities)

Mid-Ohio_track.gif

Sebring?

Circuit_Sebring.png

Road America's nice too.

Roadamericatrack.png

Albert Park is great - really love the Aussie GP weekend, one of the best on the calendar IMO. Circuit has great flow too, having driven it on PS2 games.

Almost any track here in America is better than Indy, but here are my picks:

1) Road America

2) Portland

3) Laguna Seca

4) Long Beach

Of those four, Long Beach and Portland would have the best hotels, etc for Bernie's circus.

YES YES Portland would be awesome, if this ever happens all of you can come and crash in my place! :)

I think in the scope of the current F1, the circuit is only a small part of the whole picture, which is pity. F1 is such huge monster, only Indy is able to handle an event of that scale in US. airports, freeways, hotels etc etc play a big role in the decision