Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Seat Vacancies for 2005

Webber's contract with Jaguar doesn't matter, it's his ties to Flavio that are key! Flavio will be a nice, strong Italian wall to break through before getting to Mark.

And indeed there are more JV supporters here, like myself! JV and Pollock did talk about 2005 and, hell, if he's going to be looking for a drive I'll bet he is already grasping for that Williams spot. I'd love to see it happen!

I'll bet he is already grasping for that Williams spot. I'd love to see it happen!

So would I, Bernie and a large percentage of the rest of F1.

Webber's contract with Jaguar doesn't matter, it's his ties to Flavio that are key! Flavio will be a nice, strong Italian wall to break through before getting to Mark.

And indeed there are more JV supporters here, like myself! JV and Pollock did talk about 2005 and, hell, if he's going to be looking for a drive I'll bet he is already grasping for that Williams spot. I'd love to see it happen!

I don't think Mark Webber is that driven by money, he just wants to be in a competitive car, so I wouldnt think he would be too happy with Flavio if he misses out on a good drive over cash, what do you think??

i agree, money isn't what drives mark webber, it's his ambition for success. everyone seems to think that the manger has the greater say in where a driver ends up, which i find hard to believe. if i was th edriver, i'd be of the idea that the agent/manager works for me, and i have the last say.

having said that though, in light of jos missing out at jordan and the personality of a guy like flavio, maybe the manager does hold greater sway.. or maybe it's the differenece between an "agent" and a "manager". i can't imagine flavio being called an "agent"

Sometimes managers do play a key role in determining where their drivers go. Willi Weber wanted, and ultimately got MS in a Ferrari, but Weber revealed fairly recently that MS did not want to drive for Ferrari and kept responding to Weber’s comments by saying why should he race for those red cars he laps in his Benetton Renault. Weber apparently told Schumi that he could build a team around him and compete for the championship far more consistently and eventually dominate F1 at Ferrari, which is exactly what has happened.

and remember even the great Schunnie was with Ferrari for a number of years before that started to happen,

"It wont happen overnight, but it will happen"

he he

Here's the surprise of the century, so do I!! :lol:

shaun