Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Ferrari And Spyker

I didnt notice this at the Spyker launch but their new cars livery looks a awful lot like the new Ferrari and especially from a distance i think the commentators will have a hard time telling them apart.

68251.jpg

68257.jpg

68173.jpg

What do you guys think?

I hope it looks more orange then that with a lower quality TV reception, that or it will really come out looking red due to the lack of quality.

yea well, the spyker is orange
Yeah, but Ykick hasn't noticed that yet.

I know its orange but from a distance that orange would look very similar to Ferrari's red.

I know its orange but from a distance that orange would look very similar to Ferrari's red.

I think its due to the lack of proper sunshine!

My TV is black and white so it won't matter to me if they look the same.

Hahaha! I was staring at the top two photos thinking, "holy cow, they do look identical" and then finally I scrolled a bit further and found the actual Ferrari. :dam:

We need a dunce smiley, for me!

Hahaha! I was staring at the top two photos thinking, "holy cow, they do look identical" and then finally I scrolled a bit further and found the actual Ferrari. :dam:

We need a dunce smiley, for me!

What? I thought all three were a Spyker? (My monitor is black and white too).

No problem. The one in front will be the Ferrari.

Priceless.

Edit: Deleted post. Brad derailed my thought train. Messy.

Going off the rails on a Crazy Train....?

Sorry, bad Ozzy reference....

Spyker's car looks too orangey hehe ... yeah its not a photoshoped pic i have seen more than a pic for the new car tested at Silverstone and it seems more red to me ! just like the colors Ykick posted ...

I duno i hope at least it will challenge Toro Rossos don't forget both have Ferraris in the back !

That's going in my signature. :D

No problem. The one in front will be the Ferrari.
What band are you refering too?

He was referring to Black Sabbath.

I remember Luca De Montezemolo saying they had lightened the newer Ferraris from the dark red of old to the new almost orange because the darker red showed up too dark on TV. Hopefully there'll be a difference on the television, but the wings do set it apart.

yeah the wingsseperate them apart. but they look quite similar.

and about the one in the front arguement, when spykar's are getting lapped(which they get quite often) at that point it may be a bit hard to distinguish.

The current car will look red on TV (unless you're drib, then it'll look dark gray). Orange needs to be a light shade, like Arrows or even Albers' helmet. If you go darker, the RGB of the TV will shift the orange to Red and, bingo, four Ferraris. A good gauge would be your monitor...it's the same RGB as a TV. If you look at the shot here with Albers driving....his helmet is orange and the car is red. That's how it will look on TV.

I remember Luca De Montezemolo saying they had lightened the newer Ferraris from the dark red of old to the new almost orange because the darker red showed up too dark on TV. Hopefully there'll be a difference on the television, but the wings do set it apart.

A shame, as I liked the dark red.