Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Jerez Testing

Pedro's fastest today.

The times are expected in about 5-10 mins time.... :)

He set that time quite early, I think he was on low fuel.....

except for that time, it would seem many have caught up, it can only be good....

He set that time quite early, I think he was on low fuel.....

except for that time, it would seem many have caught up, it can only be good....

Yep, Alex Wurz had set the second fastest time, only + 0.035sec behind and unfortunately his gorgeous williams broke down on the lap which he set the time! ..... pushed his toyota motor a little far i presume.

Setting fastest lap early on could be a sign of the track being best in the mourning or that McLaren have a car thats just quick out of the box.

De la Rosa fastest at Jerez

Tuesday, February 6th 2007, 16:39 GMT

The McLaren Mercedes team continued to show their strong form in pre-season testing, with Pedro de la Rosa finishing on top of the times on the opening day of this week's test at Jerez.

De la Rosa, at the wheel of the new MP4-22, set a best time of 1:20.001, just edging the Williams FW29 of Alex Wurz, who made his debut with the new car unveiled last Friday.

Today's session showed how close the 2007 season promises to be, with a total of 11 drivers covered by seven tenths of a second.

There were only three red flags during the session, which took place under sunny conditions in the morning only for the clouds to cover the sky in the afternoon.

More to follow.

Today's times:

1. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.001 108

2. Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:20.036 72

3. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:20.159 46

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.233 111

5. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.245 86

6. R.Schumacher Toyota 1:20.254 55

7. Button Honda 1:20.371 99

8. Montagny Toyota 1:20.409 46

9. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:20.525 62

10. Badoer Ferrari 1:20.666 62

11. Vettel BMW-Sauber 1:20.715 51

12. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:21.021 48

13. Piquet Renault 1:21.264 117

14. Zonta Renault 1:21.392 67

15. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:21.858 27

16. Klien Honda 1:22.083 35

1. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.001 108

2. Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:20.036 72

3. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:20.159 46

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.233 111

5. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:20.245 86

6. R.Schumacher Toyota 1:20.254 55

7. Button Honda 1:20.371 99

8. Montagny Toyota 1:20.409 46

9. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:20.525 62

10. Badoer Ferrari 1:20.666 62

11. Vettel BMW-Sauber 1:20.715 51

12. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 1:21.021 48

13. Piquet Renault 1:21.264 117

14. Zonta Renault 1:21.392 67

15. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:21.858 27

16. Klien Honda 1:22.083 35

Im reasonably happy with those times from Red Bull. Webber was shaking down a new car today so his times dont matter and Coulthard is about 1 second behind the top time which is a large improvement on the previous test.

The full report...

De la Rosa fastest at Jerez

Tuesday, February 6th 2007, 16:39 GMT

The McLaren Mercedes team continued to show their strong form in pre-season testing, with Pedro de la Rosa finishing on top of the times on the opening day of this week's test at Jerez.

De la Rosa, at the wheel of the new MP4-22, set a best time of 1:20.001, just edging the Williams FW29 of Alex Wurz, who made his debut with the new car unveiled last Friday.

Spaniard de la Rosa worked alongside Lewis Hamilton, fourth quickest after 111 laps. The Briton will be joined by world champion Fernando Alonso tomorrow.

The Williams team showed promising form in their first test with the new Toyota-powered car, with Wurz finishing just 0.035 seconds behind de la Rosa. The Austrian's day, however, finished early when he stopped on track at the Angel Nieto corner with just a couple of minutes of the session left to run.

German Nico Rosberg also took to the track in the new Williams, covering 62 laps on his way tot he ninth fastest time of the day.

Today's session showed how close the 2007 season promises to be, with a total of 11 drivers covered by seven tenths of a second.

Pole Robert Kubica was again close to the top of the times with the BMW Sauber F1.07 despite completing only 46 laps during the day. Teammate Sebastian Vettel was 11th in the second car from the German squad.

The Ferrari team worked with two F2007 cars for the first time, the second chassis making its debut today in the hands of Luca Badoer, who tested alongside Kimi Raikkonen.

The Italian driver had to replace Felipe Massa at the last minute, after the Brazilian was unable to test as he was feeling unwell.

There were only three red flags during the session, the first caused by Red Bull's Mark Webber, who managed only 27 laps in the team's RB3. Teammate David Coulthard enjoyed a better day, although he finished over a second off de la Rosa's pace.

Toyota's tester Franck Montagny and Wurz caused the other two red flags of the session.

Briton Jenson Button had a productive day of work with the new Honda RA107, covering nearly 100 laps. Button was seventh fastest while test driver Christian Klien finished as slowest on his first day of work with the new car.

courtesy:autosport.com

Clearly it looks like the gaps this season will be smaller. I'm convinced already.

But De La Rosa fastest, thats not saying good things from the others' pace.

Look at the Williams early pace. I would feel so sorry for Webber if the Williams turns out to be a great car as it would be so typical of Webber's F1 career of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Clearly it looks like the gaps this season will be smaller. I'm convinced already.

But De La Rosa fastest, thats not saying good things from the others' pace.

I am happy for Williams as they look very good. I can never trust Ferrari, I think they fueled Kimi's car heavily and told him "DRIVE IT!"

Maybe its just my bad memory, but isnt Jerez typically a track where laptimes are very close? I seem to remember qualifying sesions where several drivers were seperated by just a couple of tenths?

I also seem to remember McLaren sucking a## there last season, so im happy to see them doing well :)

I am so happy for Williams and Sir Frank. :clap3:

Ditto! All those who were mourning the death of Williams, you might want to reconsider. And all you Williams fans, pray that this one will be a reliable car. For it sure looks quick! Wurz and Williams could be the dark horse of this championship!

Ah those deciding Williams are going to do great, might want to remember its TESTING, not racing, and that Williams have started ok the last 2 season as well....

hmmm. about ferrari's performance i think they are not really trying to post the fastest laps but (hopefully) doing some aero testing which is not working very well now.

someone translate please, I can only make out snippets...

Alonso stopt zijn McLaren in eerste bocht

09:41 - Fernando Alonso veroorzaakt de eerste rode vlag van vandaag. De Spanjaard stopte zijn McLaren in de eerste bocht van het circuit rond half tien waardoor er momenteel niet gereden wordt. Het blijkt dat Alonso te enthousiast de eerste bocht na start/finish inging, waardoor hij van de baan spinde en de grindbak inreed.

the mornings times so far...

1 Kimi R

FLASH: Alonso causes first red-flag situation of the day as early as 9.40am. although nothing mechanical,Alonso was weaving the car enthusiastically in his first lap and spun it into the gravel trap at turn1!

I'm not criticizing.period.

Oh NO! I'm just as enthusiastic as he is! I've just broken my mobile.Damn! <_<

FLASH: Alonso causes first red-flag situation of the day as early as 9.40am. although nothing mechanical,Alonso was weaving the car enthusiastically in his first lap and spun it into the gravel trap at turn1!

I'm not criticizing.period.

Oh NO! I'm just as enthusiastic as he is! I've just broken my mobile.Damn! <_<

I was'nt posting to offend, just wanted to know what happened...

thanks for translating... :thbup:

You are Dutch???

WOW, first under 1:20

Webber mixing things up....I'm gonna start calling Lewis Wonderboy...

maybe I'm getting excited over nuthing here...

1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren MP4-22 1:19.952 21

2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing RB3 1:20.629 + 0.677 18

3 Kimi R

Oh Yes !!!! This is what i've been waiting for i hope they have found a way to fix their problems :D

Go RBR