Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Film Thread

Saw U23D last week ..........very cool effects.

I'm reminded of a joke I read in Readers' Digest a long time back. Here it goes :

Man 1 turns 40. So his pal, man 2 gifts him a music cd of the group UB40. A few weeks or months later, it's man 2's 40 th b'day. Man 1 gifts him a music cd of the group U2.

Spanish

Volver

Amores Perros

English

Donnie Brasco

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

21 Grams

Anamorph

Waz

A Scanner Darkly

Blow

Serenity

The Signal

Unforgiven

Match Point

Syriana

Empire of the Sun

Isn't it called, Harold and Kumar escape from Gautanamo Bay??

Anyways even i am waiting for it, The trailor seems very funny (on youtube)

I am waiting for You don't mess with the Zohan to make it to Netflix, right now I am watching The Greatest American Hero, today I will recieve Mork and Mindy and next in my list is Baa Baa Black Sheep.

LabradoRacer, some very good films in your lists. The Lives of others and Volver are two recent favorites.

I saw Der Untergang (Downfall) a few months ago and it was excellent. Another one of my favorites is 'Turtles can fly'

I am waiting for You don't mess with the Zohan to make it to Netflix, right now I am watching The Greatest American Hero, today I will recieve Mork and Mindy and next in my list is Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I saw Harold and Kumar, it was a funny movie but i guess they could censor one or two parts to make it more better... Ussually i like no censorship but this time excpetions need to be made...

You don't mess with Zohan was a trailor i saw before the movie and that looked pretty interesting...

I haven't really heard of the other movies in your list...

There are 3 types of people in the world : Those who can count & those who can't. (not original)

And the third one?

One of my all time favorites is "Being There" with Peter Sellers. Brilliant movie!

'The Shawshank Redemption' might be the best film ever.

Yes yes yes.

We studied this film in english when I was at school.

We watched it 5 times and disected every minute of it but I can still enjoy it when I watch it.

Yes yes yes.

We studied this film in english when I was at school.

We watched it 5 times and disected every minute of it but I can still enjoy it when I watch it.

Interesting. Was the conclusion that it is a good film because it's something to do with it being a classic tale of good versus evil and good prevailing? What other themes (if that was one) did you conclude?

Hmm it was a few years ago, I'll try to remember.

I believe that was one of them, and there are times when you believe the bad will triumph making the eventual victory all the more sweet.

Also the common theme of religion was examined, from the warden's "put your trust in the lord" and the volley of passages from the bible (one of my favourite scenes, so much meaning in a very short time) to Andy's redemption, standing in the rain with his arms out as if on a crucifix.

The movie has so many things to take from it, truly brilliant work.

Another we studied was Edward Scissorhands. It was fantastic to study, Tim Burton is the master of satire.

His attack on stereotypes throughout the movie is so well put forward.

Andy's redemption, standing in the rain with his arms out as if on a crucifix.

The movie has so many things to take from it, truly brilliant work.

The symbolism of that was lost on me until you made me aware of it. To see him, arms out stretched, ripping off that prison shirt is so powerful. I hadn't realised why.

It really is a wonderful piece of cinema.

Went to see Indy 4 couple of weeks ago. Very entertaining. Strange seeing Indy with grey hair and bits of flab hanging off his face, but nonetheless, I really enjoyed it. And I'm a huge Indy fan anyway.

Watched a film called One Missed Call that was on film four today (taped it on Sky+), japanese film, very scary in places - enjoyed it.

yey, I watched one missed call (japanese) last night - I almost bought it in town yesterday, before I realised it was on!

Labrador - How good is the counterfitters? I desperately wanna see it, need to know whether it's worth forking the money out. It's German and about nazi germany, so I assume it will be... I seem to have a thing about films like that! Thanks!