Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_Fast_Days

The Things You Most Remember!

What are the events that you can remember most from any F1 race ever?

Mine has to be Monaco 2005 (I think), JF locking up his left-front to overtake on the chicane after the tunnel - twice

Also: Same race, a McLaren flipped over on the mainstraight (could have been Raikonnen)

Also: Same race, marshal dropped his yellow flag in mid wave. You kinda had to be watching, but I found it hillarious.

Or maybe thats just my weird sense of humor saying good evening. You never know :)

I know they're recent, but I only stated to take an interest in the sport about 3 years ago.

But what about you? What do you most remember?

May 8th 1982

The video footage of the trajic death of Gilles Villeneuve during qualifying for the Zolder Grand Prix.

What a loss!!!! What a waste!!!

I started out as a DH fan so I most remember Adelaide '94 and also Hungary '97. Spa '98 and Suzuka '96 are rather happier memories.

I would have to say the times that MSC drove in to Damon Hill and Hakkinen to try and ram them off the road so he could win...

I was such a small child back in the Hill days, I probably cried, and it most assuredly led to my biased arguemetns against msc in the years that followed!

I would have to say the times that MSC drove in to Damon Hill and Hakkinen to try and ram them off the road so he could win...

I was such a small child back in the Hill days, I probably cried, and it most assuredly led to my biased arguemetns against msc in the years that followed!

Time(s)? Refersh my memory please. I can only think of Adelaide '94. Maybe i missed something. In fact, the only race i seem to remember missing in the last 15 years was Alesi's one and only victory; Canada '95.

I started out as a DH fan so I most remember Adelaide '94 and also Hungary '97. Spa '98 and Suzuka '96 are rather happier memories.

Exact same here. :clap3:

I wish I could remember all of Hill's great races, but I was far too young.

I'll remember Silverstone & Indy 2003, Indy 2005, Monaco & Hungary 2006. I have quite a few of those on tape, so I can always remind myself of them.

I wish I could remember all of Hill's great races, but I was far too young.

I'll remember Silverstone & Indy 2003, Indy 2005, Monaco & Hungary 2006. I have quite a few of those on tape, so I can always remind myself of them.

You have indy 2005 on tape? cure for insomnia :naughty:

Hungary 2006 ofcourse is very memorable for anyone.

Monaco 2004 threw up some nice surprises.

Turkey 2006 showed driver skill is still important in modern F1 and can make a driver overcome stronger competition with this skill. No doubt the most i've sweated watching TV.

Jerez 1997... self explanatory

N

I must be an old git because my most vivid memories are from the 70s and 80s. Bruce is probably the same (but in the 60s), maybe Kennye (where the hell is Kennye anyhow?) as well. Maybe it's during our discovery of the sport that we get these things burned into our minds.

The 2002 Australian GP - Mark Webber's drive to 5th place in the Minardi on debut.

(2laps down and with only 8 cars still running I know :D )

Hmm....I must also be an old git because:

1979, Long Beach. A nine-year-old watching Gilles in a Ferrari and Andretti in a Lotus (those two cars will hook anyone on motor racing, let alone an impressionable nine-year-old!). I don't remember much more than the start being screwed-up a few times and Gilles winning by a goodly margin and everyone going wild about it. Most people were either Mario Andretti or Gilles fans, from what I recall. From our seats there wasn't too much visable overtaking, but the pure excitement of the thing, with those muscled machines roaring down shoreline (don't remember if it was called Shoreline drive back then) was amazing.

1984, Monaco. Pure magic. If anyone hasn't seen this race; get it and see it. All of it. Most eyes will focus on Senna or Prost, but I challenge you to NOT be impressed by Stefan Bellof. He was the star of the show that day, chasing down both Senna and Prost, in heavy rain...IN A TYRRELL.

1986, Monaco. Brundle having an amazing shunt. I've seen worse, but something about this shunt stuck with me. There were so many good races in the 80's that it's really hard to narrow it down.

1994, Brazil. Jean Alesi starting third behind Senna and Schumacher then passing MS in style and keeping the superior Benetton behind him for about a lap or two. It was only a short time, but Alesi had that Ferrari punching above it's weight at a time when the new aero-regs of that year made each car difficult to drive. Alesi demonstrated fine racecraft that day.

1994, Imola.

2000, Monaco. Twin flashes of yellow blasting up through Massenet. Trulli and Frentzen on a rampage.

2000, Spa. Mika vs MS. I also liked the continual qualifying one-ups-manship between the two drivers.

2003, Hungary. Bravo, Fernando, bravo!!

2004, Spa. Kimi's blistering win, half the grid involved in a smash-up derby, and Montoya's brilliant pass of MS on the outside of the newly-designed chicane. I remember before the race the speedTV commentator, Varsha, saying it was virtually impossible to pass there now, and, when Montoya later passed MS, Steve Matchett saying excitedly "you can't pass there, son!". Great race.

2005, Imola. Nail-biting race as I wondered who would slip-up in the duel between MS and Alonso.

Many, many more, but those are what hit me first....

Hmm....I must also be an old git because:

1979, Long Beach. A nine-year-old watching Gilles in a Ferrari and Andretti in a Lotus (those two cars will hook anyone on motor racing, let alone an impressionable nine-year-old!). I don't remember much more than the start being screwed-up a few times and Gilles winning by a goodly margin and everyone going wild about it. Most people were either Mario Andretti or Gilles fans, from what I recall. From our seats there wasn't too much visable overtaking, but the pure excitement of the thing, with those muscled machines roaring down shoreline (don't remember if it was called Shoreline drive back then) was amazing.

1984, Monaco. Pure magic. If anyone hasn't seen this race; get it and see it. All of it. Most eyes will focus on Senna or Prost, but I challenge you to NOT be impressed by Stefan Bellof. He was the star of the show that day, chasing down both Senna and Prost, in heavy rain...IN A TYRRELL.

1986, Monaco. Brundle having an amazing shunt. I've seen worse, but something about this shunt stuck with me. There were so many good races in the 80's that it's really hard to narrow it down.

1994, Brazil. Jean Alesi starting third behind Senna and Schumacher then passing MS in style and keeping the superior Benetton behind him for about a lap or two. It was only a short time, but Alesi had that Ferrari punching above it's weight at a time when the new aero-regs of that year made each car difficult to drive. Alesi demonstrated fine racecraft that day.

1994, Imola.

2000, Monaco. Twin flashes of yellow blasting up through Massenet. Trulli and Frentzen on a rampage.

2000, Spa. Mika vs MS. I also liked the continual qualifying one-ups-manship between the two drivers.

2003, Hungary. Bravo, Fernando, bravo!!

2004, Spa. Kimi's blistering win, half the grid involved in a smash-up derby, and Montoya's brilliant pass of MS on the outside of the newly-designed chicane. I remember before the race the speedTV commentator, Varsha, saying it was virtually impossible to pass there now, and, when Montoya later passed MS, Steve Matchett saying excitedly "you can't pass there, son!". Great race.

2005, Imola. Nail-biting race as I wondered who would slip-up in the duel between MS and Alonso.

Many, many more, but those are what hit me first....

So your 36 years old. hm...

It's amazing you can remember anything at all at that age Mike! ;) Hope I'm in as good shape in old age.....

I must be an old git because my most vivid memories are from the 70s and 80s. Bruce is probably the same (but in the 60s), maybe Kennye (where the hell is Kennye anyhow?) as well. Maybe it's during our discovery of the sport that we get these things burned into our minds.

I vaugley recall some '60's era but no details, then the 70's came along and with it the Long Beach GP, that's when the memories start, Andretti, Watson, Hunt, Emmo etc.

It's amazing you can remember anything at all at that age Mike! ;) Hope I'm in as good shape in old age.....

:lol: 36 isn't old, but it isn't young.....I suppose it's simply confusing.

:lol: 36 isn't old, but it isn't young.....I suppose it's simply confusing.

Well your old for F1 :P . You are double my age. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing

Well your old for F1 :P . You are double my age. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing

Good for you, bad for me. I remember when F1 was different from how it is today and that always threatens to kill my enjoyment of current F1...at least until I flip on the TV and see the cars, the circuits, the driving... ^_^

Gonna Start with 2001 Spa - Eddie Irvine in Jaguar and Luciano Burti in Prost crashed , Eddie went to help Luciano while Marshals were watching him :P

2003 Brazalian GP Webbo was in points he crashed and then Fisico was lost he didn't know if he have won or came 2nd and his engine broke in the pits hahaha ..

i also like the 2001 overtake Mika did on both MS and Zonta , the tragetic accident in 2001 at monza on the second chicane

Spa 2000 the day I shall never forget.....after spinning in the lead caught up to MS again, then....Mika taking the inside line and passing Zonta and Michael at the same time..... The art of fooling the greatest F1 driver using the backmarker....I have never seen anything quite like that, and sadly, I think will never experience such a manouvre again....

Spa 2000 the day I shall never forget.....after spinning in the lead caught up to MS again, then....Mika taking the inside line and passing Zonta and Michael at the same time..... The art of fooling the greatest F1 driver using the backmarker....I have never seen anything quite like that, and sadly, I think will never experience such a manouvre again....

My first race in 79' @ the circuit gilles villeneuve and the schumi/villeneuve scrap for the championship