Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Omg Its Snowing Like Mad

But don't worry - my first love is still the internal combustion engine, and anything powered by it!!!! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Not in a weird, fetish-type, just a few mintues with the tail pipe kind of way, is it ?? :blink::lol:

Not in a weird, fetish-type, just a few mintues with the tail pipe kind of way, is it ?? :blink::lol:

There you go, making moral judgements again....... what's wrong with a consenting relationship between a man and his machine? :lol::lol::lol:

There you go, making moral judgements again....... what's wrong with a consenting relationship between a man and his machine? :lol::lol::lol:

We will await until your machine confirms its consent before making any judgements :lol:

For those of you who do not recognize Csaba Csere's name, he is the senior editor of Car and Driver. As a magazine exclusively devoted to glamorizing the autmotive industry and its products (which makes the majority of its profit from selling advertising space to the large automotive manufacturers), this obviously has some effect on his credibility on such issues.

I'm not saying that this means everything he says is complete nonsense, but he is hardly to be credited as an independent and objective authority......

Actually, I looked at that back issue and I was mistaken, it was Patrick Bedard. He quoted a Dr. Richard S. Lindzen of MIT with the statistics, and that cumulatively all of manmade carbon dioxide makes up only 0.1% of the greenhouse effect. Just because Csere and Bedard are automotive journalists shouldn't be fact enough to discredit them, they're engineers, too, and we as engineers have a code of ethics to which we adhere.

BTW, if any of you missed the article, it was in the August 2006 issue. And here's Lindzen's website:

http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen.htm

Jay, I never make moral judgements, especially not on a man's love for a tail pipe!! :lol:

We will await until your machine confirms its consent before making any judgements :lol:

Is it one 'beep' for yes and 2 'beeps for no, or the other way round?? :lol:

Well the thing is, if Jay gets anywhere near my tail pipe he'll know about it. Now, I wonder, can the complete absence of any objection or hesitiation, assuming the car wasn't drugged, drunk or coerced in any way, be taken as implicit consent? :lol:

Well the thing is, if Jay gets anywhere near my tail pipe he'll know about it. Now, I wonder, can the complete absence of any objection or hesitiation, assuming the car wasn't drugged, drunk or coerced in any way, be taken as implicit consent? :lol:

He cut the horn..........no, not that one!

:dam: I always get that wrong.

Me too!! :lol: