Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

England V Spain

Did anyone else waste 2 hours of their life tuning into the match last night?

That was easily the worst england performance I have ever seen. We were horrific. We were dreadful. I dont think Casillas had to make 1 save.

Why does Mclaren keep picking Stewart bloody Downing? he's crap!

Crouch is a waste of space without Rooney setting him up.

Gerrard and Lampard - HELLO did they even care? they're incredible for their clubs, but did next to nothing yesterday.

Rio Ferdinand was our best player, imo. The match showed how very very badly we need Rooney to create goals, John Terry to sort out the defence, and we need players like Joe Cole and Aaron Lennon.

What a depressing game, the highlight was watching Steve Mclaren get booed off the pitch

Fortunately I have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid show ponies pretending to be athletes.

Fortunately I have better things to do than watch a bunch of overpaid show ponies pretending to be athletes.

:lol:

No but the other day i stayed up to listen to Australia vs Denmark on BBC online radio and that match annoyed me. Our forwards and midfielders were very good as we had lots of really good chances but our defence was dreadful and it seemed like every time Denmark came close to our goal they scored.

Did anyone else waste 2 hours of their life tuning into the match last night?

As I said in the Premiership thread, England are absolute horse sh1t....

Gerrard and Lampard - HELLO did they even care? they're incredible for their clubs, but did next to nothing yesterday.

Joey Barton was 100% right when he said the only one you will get half decent performances out of Gerrard and Lampard is by playing with 2 balls on the pitch.

Rio Ferdinand was our best player, imo. The match showed how very very badly we need Rooney to create goals, John Terry to sort out the defence, and we need players like Joe Cole and Aaron Lennon.

What a depressing game, the highlight was watching Steve Mclaren get booed off the pitch

Yeah Ferdinand was voted man of the match and Mclaren should be shot in the streets of London!

isnt that F1?

football is a great game to watch most of the time, but last night was painful

No but the other day i stayed up to listen to Australia vs Denmark on BBC online radio and that match annoyed me. Our forwards and midfielders were very good as we had lots of really good chances but our defence was dreadful and it seemed like every time Denmark came close to our goal they scored.

I watched our game on Fox sports, and the ref was disgraceful. I believe overal we were the better team, but decisions went aginast us, and they took a few optomistic chances.

That said we do need to improve defence, but we had 3 new players (well they hadn't really played before, maybe a couple of games gainst unknown nations). I was pretty happy considering the talent missing from the team

Jem: You said WORST performance you've seen from England? You must barely watch them play ever :lol:

I watched our game on Fox sports, and the ref was disgraceful. I believe overal we were the better team, but decisions went aginast us, and they took a few optomistic chances.

That said we do need to improve defence, but we had 3 new players (well they hadn't really played before, maybe a couple of games gainst unknown nations). I was pretty happy considering the talent missing from the team

What did you think of some of our young players like Brett Holman and Ryan Griffiths? I was just listening on the radio but it sounded like Holman had a great game.

isnt that F1?

football is a great game to watch most of the time, but last night was painful

You could have watched Argentina Vs France (we beat them 1-0) and enjoy some high quality football! :mf_tongue:

You could have watched Argentina Vs France (we beat them 1-0) and enjoy some high quality football! :mf_tongue:

Savour the feeling as on June 6 Argentina is going down B)

Savour the feeling as on June 6 Argentina is going down B)

Oh yes, I will keep your post in mind on that date :lol:

Oh yes, I will keep your post in mind on that date :lol:

Feel free. It wont do you any good as the Socceroos will emerge victorious :D . I only wish Australia could organise a friendly with England in the near future as i would love to see the Socceroos take England on in their current form.

Well last time we took them on, and they were very c#cky and lost 3 - 1...... is 6 - 0 possible in their current form?

Well last time we took them on, and they were very c#cky and lost 3 - 1...... is 6 - 0 possible in their current form?

That was a great moment. I remember reading the English football forums back then and it was like the end of the world from their perspective. But i truly believe that if we had a full strength team we could beat England as recently their teams form has been rather bad.

Lampard should be dropped. He is too similar to Gerrard and they don't gel together well, plus Gerrard is the better of the two.

Jem: You said WORST performance you've seen from England? You must barely watch them play ever :lol:

it was even worse than our pathetic display against Northern Ireland

Lampard should be dropped. He is too similar to Gerrard and they don't gel together well, plus Gerrard is the better of the two.

but what manager would dare leave Lampard out of their team!!! there must be some way of making it work

Lets not forget however that the scores were level at half time before England substituted all 11 players which was followed by Australia winning.

Its hard Its impossible to take anything out of a game like that.

I only wish Australia could organise a friendly with England in the near future as i would love to see the Socceroos take England on in their current form.

What current form? Australia lost by a bigger margin than England this week.

As cr@p as England are nowadays I still think they will beat Australia.

Australia's star player Vuduka

England's star player Rooney

That says it all, its like comparing Luizzi to Alonso.

True Australia did loose BUT we had alot of injuries so most of of World Cup players were absent

Lucas Neill (ankle)

Craig Moore (hamstring)

Luke Wilkshire (knee)

Mark Schwarzer (back)

Jason Culina (wife having baby)

Mark Bresciano (wife having baby)

Mark Viduka (calf muscle)

were all injured or otherwise unavaliable and obviously Kewell as well who has been injured for some time. Dispite missing all those players the Australian fowards and midfielders played very well and spent a good amount of time attacking. What really cost us was that we had vertually no experiance in defence so whenever Denmark attacked our defence had no answers.

Yeah fair enough Australia had a lot of injuries, but so did England and im not making excuses :P

Rooney, Bent, Lennon, J.Cole, A.Cole & Terry would all probably have started were they fit.

Well, I believe England had 2 shots on target but both were fairly tame.

Glad I only watched the second half. Pretty boring really, Spain didn't look that impressive either.

Steve getting booed was quite amusing also.

Yeah fair enough Australia had a lot of injuries, but so did England and im not making excuses :P

Rooney, Bent, Lennon, J.Cole, A.Cole & Terry would all probably have started were they fit.

Yes but that is slightly different. Australia has about 15 (maybe 20) players who are top quality and when some of them get injured there is a big drop in quality of players. Im also willing to bet that England dont have this problem as im sure they have alot of depth in their country.

Lets not forget however that the scores were level at half time before England substituted all 11 players which was followed by Australia winning.

Its hard Its impossible to take anything out of a game like that.

What current form? Australia lost by a bigger margin than England this week.

That says it all, its like comparing Luizzi to Alonso.

:nono1: Heyyyyy!! Don't make me choose between my two Gods!

Yes but that is slightly different. Australia has about (maybe 20) players who are top quality and when some of them get injured there is a big drop in quality of players. Im also willing to bet that England dont have this problem as im sure they have alot of depth in their country.

After watching England recently they also only have about 15 quality playing in the entire country and 12 of them are still in Junior school :lol: