Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

England V Spain

After watching England recently they also only have about 15 quality playing in the entire country and 12 of them are still in Junior school :lol:

Im very excited about the Socceroos future. We have some strong fowards and midfielders who are doing very well at their clubs. We also have a young 18 year old defender who's German coach believe can be one of the best defenders in the world and a 16 year old goal keeper who just signed for Liverpool after their coach said he was the best goal keeper in the world for his age.

Lets not forget however that the scores were level at half time before England substituted all 11 players which was followed by Australia winning.

Its hard Its impossible to take anything out of a game like that.

Scores weren't level, you were down 2 - 0 at the break, your second 11 were better then your first, having a 1 - 1 second half.

Im very excited about the Socceroos future. We have some strong fowards and midfielders who are doing very well at their clubs. We also have a young 18 year old defender who's German coach believe can be one of the best defenders in the world and a 16 year old goal keeper who just signed for Liverpool after their coach said he was the best goal keeper in the world for his age.

Socceroos future??? DC WDC??? I admire your faith, young one :D

I can't get excited about England these days - just a distraction from the League.

a Jenson Button avatar AND sig?? welcome welcome welcome! I have spent the last 2 and a half years fighting JB's corner. Nice to see we have yet another who can see the light

Socceroos future??? DC WDC??? I admire your faith, young one :D

Oh i have faith. I spend time of a football forum and someone created a possible squad for the 2010 World Cup and it looks rather good. Im reasonably happy with how Australia's youth is developing.

I'm just p**sed off that Ireland only beat San Marino 2-1

its the 3 points that matters (or was it a friendly)?

england couldnt even beat northern ireland, thats worse

Lampard should be dropped. He is too similar to Gerrard and they don't gel together well, plus Gerrard is the better of the two.

I don't understand what people see in Lampard to suggest he's similar to Gerrard. The only thing they have in common is they score a decent amount of goals for midfielders. Gerrard is the complete midfielder; fantastic passer, good leader, good defensively as well, great passion. He is the perfect midfielder. However Lampard... isn't. Gerrard is just better at everything, does much more, works harder and of course is better. I know it's becoming a cliche, but the only reason Lampard does score the amount of goals he does is because he must have 200 shots in one game and score with one deflected effort. The sooner Gerrard is partnered by Carrick or Hargreaves consistently, the better an English midfield will perform.