Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Alonso's Mind-games

Quote begins//

World Champion Fernando Alonso has fired the opening salvo of pre-season mind-games by stating that the McLaren MP4-22 is "not even close to ready for Australia".

Alonso also expects Ferrari to offer the biggest threat, but all but wrote off his former team, Renault.

"Renault will start the year well, but they will get worse, as usual," he claimed.

The McLaren driver told Spanish network Telecinco that the car is, "not even close to ready for Australia and time is running out."

"I hope that in Barcelona and Bahrain we can get it set up properly in two weeks time," said the 25-year old.

Alonso's claims come as some surprise as the MP4-22 has - generally - set the pace through pre-season testing.

// Quote Ends

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1904843,00.html

I belive this is not Alonso's idea but Ron's dictate.

Quote begins//

World Champion Fernando Alonso has fired the opening salvo of pre-season mind-games by stating that the McLaren MP4-22 is "not even close to ready for Australia".

Alonso also expects Ferrari to offer the biggest threat, but all but wrote off his former team, Renault.

"Renault will start the year well, but they will get worse, as usual," he claimed.

The McLaren driver told Spanish network Telecinco that the car is, "not even close to ready for Australia and time is running out."

"I hope that in Barcelona and Bahrain we can get it set up properly in two weeks time," said the 25-year old.

Alonso's claims come as some surprise as the MP4-22 has - generally - set the pace through pre-season testing.

// Quote Ends

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1904843,00.html

I belive this is not Alonso's idea but Ron's dictate.

Errr...I would check the "WTF???" and Ron Dennis threads on this, if I were you.