Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Andretti: The Verdict

Marco is a natural talent the the Euro-centric members of this forum will never believe untill he starts whupping some pretty boy a$$, like his grandfather did...........

Marco is a natural talent the the Euro-centric members of this forum will never believe untill he starts whupping some pretty boy a$$, like his grandfather did...........

Yup. They say talent skips a generation and it may be true in the Andretti's case. I like Mikey, and I think he's a talented racer, but Marco has that 'X' factor that Mario had. When you see the three Andretti's together, you always get the feeling Mario favors Marco.....

I see Mario's hand in his grandson's future, a Ferrari maybe?

I think he's a talented racer, but Marco has that 'X' factor that Mario had.

The ironic thing is that everyone on the X Factor had no talent at all.

I like it!

That's how I read it too.....could be interesting, but I think Berger is trying for at least one driver and has yet to have that driver say 'no'.

Slightly off topic I know, but STR are planning to announce their 2007 line up on Tuesday the 13th March. I wonder if that one driver that they have been waiting for as you say has said yes or no?? Berger has asked every man and his dog if they would like steer a RB3.......................... errrr sorry STR2!!!

:thbup:

I see Mario's hand in his grandson's future, a Ferrari maybe?

Mario has more than enough contacts to make it happen, and happen fast, keeping in mind that he still has a two year contract in IRL. But even that's not a big problem with Andretti's owning some of the IRL team he drives for.

Interesting that Michael has said just recently that he wants Marco will to debut with a top team. Sort of blows my theory about Marco being farmed off to a SAF1 seat for a year or two :D

No, what I said was with more time under his belt in an f1 car he could prove to be a better prospect than Button. In his last test, as a 19 year old, and just his second test in a f1 car he was only 1.4 seconds behind Button under the same driving conditions. In respect to DC, Heidfeld, Trulli(humm),and many more I think Button is over rated. Come on, 1 win in 7 seasons, 126 races! Does a single win determine talent in your eyes? I would think consistency would determine that. I believe you're the one who may have difficulty judging talent, and by the way, I never said he was a bad driver.I said he was an over rated driver.

no you said he'll be better than Button. And 1 win, four 2nd's, and about 15 3rd's in the cars he's driven IS impressive.

When JB was 19 he had a test at Prost and actually lapped faster than Jean Alesi, which is a lot better than coming within 1.4 seconds. Plus we dont know what JB was testing that day compared to andretti. Its highly doubtful that they were having some kind of shootout, otherwise its likely the gap would've been larger.

I never said i judge talent by number of wins, in fact its the opposite, and i get saddened by the number of people such as yourself who DO judge talent by their win tally, without paying any consideration to the machinery they've had. The reason I questioned the way you judge drivers' ability is because your original statement (in my opinion) was fairly ridiculous

no you said he'll be better than Button. And 1 win, four 2nd's, and about 15 3rd's in the cars he's driven IS impressive.

When JB was 19 he had a test at Prost and actually lapped faster than Jean Alesi, which is a lot better than coming within 1.4 seconds. Plus we dont know what JB was testing that day compared to andretti. Its highly doubtful that they were having some kind of shootout, otherwise its likely the gap would've been larger.

I never said i judge talent by number of wins, in fact its the opposite, and i get saddened by the number of people such as yourself who DO judge talent by their win tally, without paying any consideration to the machinery they've had. The reason I questioned the way you judge drivers' ability is because your original statement (in my opinion) was fairly ridiculous

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh. If you believe Button is among the champions in F1 racing with what maybe less than a 150 points in 7 seasons. Forget it! Button is an overrated driver.He deserves a pay cut. I'm sure he won't place better than 6th in the standings this coming season. He can drive a car, but he's no champion!

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh. If you believe Button is among the champions in F1 racing with what maybe less than a 150 points in 7 seasons. Forget it! Button is an overrated driver.He deserves a pay cut. I'm sure he won't place better than 6th in the standings this coming season. He can drive a car, but he's no champion!

what r u on about? where in my post did i state that JB was or could be a champion? you're setting yourself to look stupid if JB finishes higher than 6th this year, which isnt out of the question considering he's managed it before

I think Marco is more likely to enter in a Honda-powered team than a Ferrari. The only reason I say this is that the Andretti family has long been sharing a bed with Honda and I don't see an Andretti driving for a Honda rival. Of course this is F1 and really anything can happen....

With more time and more laps under his belt, he could very well be faster than the over rated button who could only muster 1.4 seconds faster in the same conditions.Go Marco

sorry to ruin the red blue and white party here, but considering vettel, sutil and others were matching their teammates in their first F1 tests last year, I don't think Marco did such a fantastic job. Sure he didn't suck and that is praise worthy...1.4 secs in F1 is like the width of DC's square jaw...

Andretti is getting those tests solely because of his last name and Honda's major involvement with IRL.