Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Ms Offered A Nascar Test

I hope Schumi doesn't go into a Nascar, also I doubt he will, even if it is a direct challenge.

He just wants to settle down with his family, it would be horrible to see him in one though, I really hope he doesn't.

I think theres more chance of MS starting an F1 team than him going to NASCAR. I don't really see whats so interesting about cars going round an oval.

I think theres more chance of MS starting an F1 team than him going to NASCAR. I don't really see whats so interesting about cars going round an oval.

If that's all you see going on, I don't doubt you find it boring. There's more strategy and car-control going on than you think. Most people find Monaco boring until you see it as a game of pit-stops. Once you recognize the true nature of Monaco, you suddenly enjoy it more. NASCAR is like that. Recognize the nature of the racing and you'll enjoy it more. Dismiss it out of hand and you are only killing your own enjoyment of a type of racing.

I still find it amazing that the Americans on this board are far more open-minded about ALL racing series than anyone else. In this regard, everyone else seems to be quite eurocentric.

EDIT: For those not up on Jimmy Clark's history, I'll tell you that he quite enjoyed ovals. If it's good enough for Jimmy, perhaps it's good enough for the rest of you ^_^

I still find it amazing that the Americans on this board are far more open-minded about ALL racing series than anyone else. In this regard, everyone else seems to be quite eurocentric.

I dont know about anyone else on this forum but im perfectly willing to watch a racing series at least once. In fact ive watched 3 NASCAR races over the years and i still find it boring. Its not like i havent tried to like it but im just not the type of person who likes oval racing.

I dont know about anyone else on this forum but im perfectly willing to watch a racing series at least once. In fact ive watched 3 NASCAR races over the years and i still find it boring. Its not like i havent tried to like it but im just not the type of person who likes oval racing.

Fair enough, at least you've made the attempt! Most people just jump onto the 'NASCAR is crap' bandwagon to feel superior without ever watching a race.

It does make a difference what race you are watching. The short ovals are generally better viewing than the superspeedways.

It does make a difference what race you are watching. The short ovals are generally better viewing than the superspeedways.

I cant say i remember what tracks they were on. I think one of them was Las Vegas but im not positive as it was a couple of years ago.

Fair enough, at least you've made the attempt! Most people just jump onto the 'NASCAR is crap' bandwagon to feel superior without ever watching a race.

I am not really a fan of oval racing, but in the last three years i have had Motors TV.

I have watched a lot of races now, and while Im still not a huge fan, I have learned to appreciate a little of what goes into it.

I was also a "Nascar is crap" person before this.

I've watched about 5 races in the last 5 or so years and I do think it is boring, I still don't want Schumi to drive in one.