Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TripleR

T-drivers Loose Racing Expirience ?

I was wondering if i am the only one who thinks so ! do u guys think that T-Drivers who are most of the time faster than the Drivers of the team in Testing Sessions and practices loose the Racing Style/Experience quicker ? like De La Rosa , Wurz , Panis , Burti ... if we have replaced these drivers instead of the proper drivers like De La Rosa last season and Wurz , they couldn't bring a win or a podium despite they showed good results in Qual and FPs ..

But in the same time if we look into last season we can see that Kubica who used to shine on the FPs on friday also shined on races ... so its a bit confusing don't u think ? but i still believe that the T-Drivers loose Racing Experience quicker

I agree that test drivers do lose some of that racecraft that comes with being a full time race driver.

A good recent example of this would have been PDLR in the 2005 Bahrain GP where he was really stuggling to pass other weaker cars like Button and Webber in the closing stages of the race. The McLaren at the time was a bloody quick car being highlighted with PDLR setting the fastest lap of the GP if I remember correctly.

It will be interesting to see how AW performs in the early stages of the season if he finds himself in wheel to wheel combat with a driver with a couple of seasons full race experience under his belt.

For a young rookie like Piquet Jr or Kovalainen, it is a huge help, spending a year learning all about the F1 car, the set-up, the tracks, the sport etc etc. For older drivers like Panis, Wurz and DLR who became test drivers midway through their F1 careers, well if they performed better as a race driver they wouldnt have ended up as test drivers. DLR wasnt that good at Jaguar, Wurz was rubbish at benetton, and Panis' career had gone downhill at Prost

Is narain testing this year with ATTWILLIAMS, I have not heard him testing this year with the new car.

He went to oxford to test the car earlier after his A1 debut. and he will complete the A1 season for team india this year. and then come to williams for the rest of the year.

he did not finish the second race of this year in A1 as he had to go to oxford for f1 testing. thats what i know

I think Jemstride summed it up really.

But another one to mention would be Ant Davidson, he's getting on a bit now isn't he.

Thoughts?

But another one to mention would be Ant Davidson, he's getting on a bit now isn't he.

Thoughts?

i'm sure he would've liked to get his race seat earlier, but never really got the right break/the right opportunity. Any other team and he probably would've got a race drive with the team that he was in, but I think Honda were adamant that Sato had to be in there

i'm sure he would've liked to get his race seat earlier, but never really got the right break/the right opportunity. Any other team and he probably would've got a race drive with the team that he was in, but I think Honda were adamant that Sato had to be in there

By that logic no one from finland, brazil, or say other coutries should be racing. The drive should be on merit and not by nationalities. Not hear of Toyota doing such a thing.