Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

single kell, twin kell?

what is the driffent between a single kell and a twin kell it has been buging m 4 a wile and i cant seam 2 figger it out

I dont know what a kell is, but maybe you meen keel?

I think it might refer to the new Williams style twin tusked nose.

No the lower wishbone on the front suspension goes too low to bolt onto the side of the car so traditionally a keel has been placed under the middle with a wishbone bolting to each side of this. The twin keel option is where there is no longer a central keel but one on the left and one on the right, with each one only having one wishbone bolted to it.

yea sorry i spelt it rong (im a bad speller)

NICHOSNZ is the new jordan a twin keel

and is the new toyota a single keel

i know that it hade somthing 2 do whith the frount suspension setup but i did not know how 2 tell the driffrence between the 2

yea thatnks NICHOSNZ i know what u mean

Toyota is a single, still trying to find a clear enough photo of the Jordan. Photos are often a black smudge in that area or hidden by the front wheels or front wing.

No, Sorry can't find one, the bargeboards are in the way when the wings and wheels aren't, and as I said it often looks quite black down there, on the Jordan the keel/s will be black as well, making it hard to see.

im pretty sure the EJ14 is a twin keel..as was the 94 williams...(hopes he is right)