Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Women In F1

Role of women in Formula One  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the role of Women in Formula One

• Just to add glamour in the paddock
    • Should be allowed to race in Formula One
    • Just start some thing as Formula Women

If they have the talent I see no reason what so ever that Women should not be allowed in F1.

Danica Patrick would have to be the only Women that I can see to making it to F1. I would love to see that happen :naughty:

Aslong as they are good enough to be in F1, then I'd be very happy to see them in it, but I don't want to see them being brought in just for publicity to gain some sponsors or anything like that......

Either they're in on some sort of merit. it's OK if they are a pay driver, as plenty of men have done that, but they eed to be decent and have some good results in other categories.

I'm not sitting on the PC fence here, i just genuinely think that this is a stupid question. Women should be able to do whatever they want in the sport, the same as men can.

If they have the talent I see no reason what so ever that Women should not be allowed in F1.

Danica Patrick would have to be the only Women that I can see to making it to F1. I would love to see that happen :naughty:

aaahhh Danica Patrick hot hot...

"Well I know what will be the response for the above poll in a "male cahvunistic society", but guys be fair." I hope I'm not gonna disappoint, but women are doing a good enough job in F1 already Masterplans, just check them out as the pitbabes :naughty:

on a serious note....I think it will still be a while till we see something like that happening but I agree with aussief1 on his talent statement

I dont mind if they race, so long as they are there on merit and quick and look like Danica Patrick

danica-patrick-copertina4p.jpg

I remember seeing Giovanni Amati in Qualifying when I went to the South African GP in 1992 and thinking, "great a woman in F1", then seeing her miles off the pace and not even qualifying for the race and thinking, "maybe she should rather have opted to become a pit girl".

Katherine Legge seems to be a tough racer! She was even impressive in a minardi test year or two ago. Now she races champ cars, did anyone see her crash and how calm and cheerful she was after that! Its a miracle she survived!

crash

after crash

Now I'd to see her in F1, not some sissy Webber whining over track safety!

What only three votes???

Because it's a daft question.

There was a woman who was good enough to make it on merit, but wasn't given the opportunity.

Most of the blokes in F1 aren't there because of merit. They're there because of sponsorship, pay drivers and patriotism.

Danica Patrick's very pretty, and she can handle a car well, but is she really F1 material?

I don't know. I'd rather have an ugly cow who can kick the Sh#t out of Kimi Raikkonen's times and puts Fernando Alonso in the shade. Highly unlikely though.

I must agree actually with what 'Girl Racer' said... Most the current f1 drivers are there because they hooked up a good sponsorship deal somewhere in their career.

The sad truth is that to become a successful racing driver (ie, make it too formula 1) nowadays takes 70% Money, 30% Skill.

actually ive voted to keep them only as pit babes

i know there are a couple of women who could maybe make it for a very short period in F1 but i really dont think that

1 they have the mental toughness that is needed

or

2 they could cope with the extreme physical level that is needed on a continous basis

i think if a women does get into F1 it will be purely for sponsorship reasons

I have to disagree with you on that one Irish. Ok, so there don't appear to be hordes of women in motorsport being anything other than decorative but I maintain that there are possibly, and have definitely been, those who could cut the mustard for a whole season.

I have to disagree with you on that one Irish. Ok, so there don't appear to be hordes of women in motorsport being anything other than decorative but I maintain that there are possibly, and have definitely been, those who could cut the mustard for a whole season.

maybe your right but i just think the physical difference between men & women are too big when it comes to fitness, stamina and pure body strength

i agree that a women could probably scrape by in F1 but there never going to be at the top which is what the sport is all about surely

maybe if im totally honest i just dont want women in it - who knows....

maybe your right but i just think the physical difference between men & women are too big when it comes to fitness, stamina and pure body strength

i agree that a women could probably scrape by in F1 but there never going to be at the top which is what the sport is all about surely

maybe if im totally honest i just dont want women in it - who knows....

Don't be sorry! Its your opinion. And one that I am halfway inclined to agree with. We may be going against our own gender, but its for the right reasons! :clap3:

Probaby we should have some thing like Formula Women. probably lower race distance with lower power.

Not too sure about less power, but a lesser racing distance perhaps. Our male counterparts have much more upper body strength and stamina to last so long. Maybe a 75% distance of a race? I don't know.

oops, I moved it and moved it back :blush:

Probaby we should have some thing like Formula Women. probably lower race distance with lower power.

and all should have transparent clothes :D:D ....