Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Things Look Tough For Williams Says Webber

After a disastrous 2006 season when he was competing for the WilliamsF1 team, Mark Webber made the switch to Red Bull Racing where he will partner David Coulthard in the upcoming 2007 championship in what he hopes will be a lot more successful year. However, as for his former team, the Aussie racer has predicted a continuation of their recent slump, despite switching to Toyota engines.

"It looks tough for them, it really does," Webber said in the Herald. "They might have new engines, but not a lot has changed in the structure, so there's no real reason why the results should be any different for them this year.

Geee, do you think he was asked about it, and gave an honest opinion instead of some PR related standard piece of crap reply? :o

Geee, do you think he was asked about it, and gave an honest opinion instead of some PR related standard piece of crap reply? :o

Zoom

Red Bull has a B team and has engines from Renault...

Mark Webber has fired a new salvo at his former Grand Prix employer, describing Williams as Toyota's 'B' team.

The frustrated Australian switched to Red Bull Renault ahead of the 2007 season following two disappointing years for the beleaguered former champions based at Grove.

Countering media claims that Williams is set to return to former strengths this year, however, 30-year-old Webber derided team boss Frank Williams' deal with Toyota for apparently semi-works engines.

"Of course Williams is a Toyota B team," he is quoted as saying by Melbourne newspaper The Herald Sun.

"There will be denials, but there is a feeling and a perception that a B team is actually how it is now.

"

Webber predicts another 'tough' season for Williams, despite so far appearing more competitive on the winter test tracks than Red Bull's Renault-powered RB3 racer.

He said: "Not a lot has changed in the structure, so there's no real reason why the results should be any different for them this year.

"Williams' finances are stretched. We have a Bahrain test at the end of the month which will be good. Williams can't go because of its finances."

Second source F1 Live.com

Chris if you read the first one, you'd realised the second one is taken out of context where they just have the 'good bits' or are you still able to be fooled by the media despite reading it?

Let me give you an example.

"They might have new engines, but not a lot has changed in the structure, so there's no real reason why the results should be any different for them this year.”

"Not a lot has changed in the structure, so there's no real reason why the results should be any different for them this year"

Taking out the but and making it a sentence without the first clause is taking it out of context, so what could have been in front or at the end of

"Of course Williams is a Toyota B team"

For all we know he could have said, "It's a shame but, of course Williams is a Toyota B Team" or he could have been laughing after. You just don't know.

Can't believe how many people are tricked by the media. Clearly from the more full account of the interview in the first article, Webber is being quite accurate and admits he felt he could end his career there i.e. wanted to be there for a long time and so accepting fault for being there (yet Chris you miss this). I think he's actually been concentrating a lot on charity work during the off season, but sure you know he is a jerk because you've met him on so many occasions, though those that have seen him have said how nice he is and how much time he spends helping others.

Congratulations on being blind to the media's deception.

EDIT: Funny how it misses the comment which bounds those 'outrageous' claims together with actual reasoning:

"I'm sure they will be working hard to beat Toyota, but Toyota in Japan will obviously prefer any success to come to the factory team."

The original source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...0-39478,00.html

Put it into context and he's actually trying to shed light on why he believes they won't make it this year, he isn't wishing failure on them so I don't see why he is a jerk. I'm sure if he came out and said they'd do well, people would be calling him a jerk too. BTW if he's left the team last year he's hardly going to say they'll be the best.

Ahh Webber. I did have sympathy for you before you opened your fat gob and said all this. How I will laugh if the Williams turns out faster than the Red Bull!

Ahh Webber. I did have sympathy for you before you opened your fat gob and said all this. How I will laugh if the Williams turns out faster than the Red Bull!

Dont get too c#cky as Honda's pace is even worse than Red Bull's at the moment.

I'm wondering if you change your opinions on lots of people based on what tabloids say? :eusa_think:

Not really, my opinions change when I want to change them. Webber doesnt have to do or say alot to make me hate him again. My sympathy is all but gone now.

Not really, my opinions change when I want to change them. Webber doesnt have to do or say alot to make me hate him again. My sympathy is all but gone now.

He's a twat, but you're the one hating someone you do not know. :eusa_think:

he always hits out at his old teams, and partners

Poor Pizzonia. :lol:

BTW I'd love you to actually add credibility to the claim that he 'always' hits out at teams and team mates. Seems Webber isn't the only talking 'crap'.

Chris if you read the first one, you'd realised the second one is taken out of context where they just have the 'good bits' or are you still able to be fooled by the media despite reading it?

Let me give you an example.

"They might have new engines, but not a lot has changed in the structure, so there's no real reason why the results should be any different for them this year.

Poor Pizzonia. :lol:

BTW I'd love you to actually add credibility to the claim that he 'always' hits out at teams and team mates. Seems Webber isn't the only talking 'crap'.

I wasnt giving any credit to Webber, cause i know how the guy is, but he keeps saying "enough of talking about Williams", but then, he always comes back to the subject even if Williams as a team never replied.

P.S. Didnt he hit out at Jaguar after the got out? Didnt he made just the same to Klien? You can like the guy, but this kind of opinion is not from a classy guy who knows how to behave properly.

It's certainly not the first time that Webbo slams Williams through the media....., in french we say there is no smoke without a fire...... I really just hope he gets beaten by Wurz and Rosberg :rolleyes: And if that happens he'll surely find yet another excuse......

Webber actually admits to his mistakes. He admitted that it was him who decided to go to Williams against advice from his manager and that he is responsible for some of the incidents he's been involved in. Perhaps you need to read something from a neutral perspective instead of through rose tinted glasses? I'm a huge Williams fan, been so since an early age, I disagree with him on some comments, but he's being constructive. He gives reasons to his beliefs yet apparently he's not allowed to judge Williams yet we can judge him.

Slamming them is a harsh word - but that is what tabloids do for you, exaggeration is how they sell their papers and everyone it seems still will fall for it. Maybe when reading things one should remember that half the meaning of the spoken word is lost when it is written down.

I wasnt giving any credit to Webber, cause i know how the guy is, but he keeps saying "enough of talking about Williams", but then, he always comes back to the subject even if Williams as a team never replied.

P.S. Didnt he hit out at Jaguar after the got out? Didnt he made just the same to Klien? You can like the guy, but this kind of opinion is not from a classy guy who knows how to behave properly.

Yes, he comes back to the subject doesn't he? He's never asked a question is he? He rings up the editor and says,

"G'Day mate, I fancy an interview, ask me all about Williams please, please please!!"

Do you really believe that? Sorry, but then I can't take you seriously anymore.

You know the guy? So much time have you spent with the guy? Yes, classy is wishing the worst on a guy.

Double standards all round.

Kay_Zee, he is being constructive?!?!? The guy says Williams is Toyota B team! is this being constructive...however he continues to be dumb, he says the guys from Japan prefers the "mother" team, however, he doesnt know (or doesnt want to) that there is currently a "fight" among Toyota, Williams engines are being built at Japan where the Toyota ones are being built at Cologne, this was a way that both teams "discovered" to give a challenge to everyone.

Kay_Zee, he is being constructive?!?!? The guy says Williams is Toyota B team! is this being constructive...however he continues to be dumb, he says the guys from Japan prefers the "mother" team, however, he doesnt know (or doesnt want to) that there is currently a "fight" among Toyota, Williams engines are being built at Japan where the Toyota ones are being built at Cologne, this was a way that both teams "discovered" to give a challenge to everyone.

Yes, constructive is when you offer your opinions with reasoning. Constructive does not mean you are right. He says he believes that they will not do well because they're the Toyota B team and adds reasoning - Toyota will want sucess from their own team first.

BTW where did he slag off Jaguar? They released him early from his contract to test with Williams, so that is hardly leaving on bad times, plus he also left Minardi on good terms and said several nice things of Heidfeld. So your 'always' statement was a clear exaggeration, just like the tabloids. No wonder you believe them.

Yes, constructive is when you offer your opinions with reasoning. Constructive does not mean you are right. He says he believes that they will not do well because they're the Toyota B team and adds reasoning - Toyota will want sucess from their own team first.

BTW where did he slag off Jaguar? They released him early from his contract to test with Williams, so that is hardly leaving on bad times, plus he also left Minardi on good terms and said several nice things of Heidfeld. So your 'always' statement was a clear exaggeration, just like the tabloids. No wonder you believe them.

Didnt Williams released him earlier too? Btw, i love the way you

well at least webber is providing us with comments that we can actually talk about, most drivers would just say 'no comment, why dont you go and ask williams' and then talk about how their own testing programme is going so well