Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

General Music Thread

The film Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011) has, in my humble opinion, an amazing soundtrack. I probably like it so much more because it's so different to my usual music.

My favourites:

..and

(only allowed two media links apparently).

I want to punch Chris Martin in the face. Just to make him stop.

I fear this happened at school and made him start.

I think that might be a sign of old age creeping in Monza...whistling.gif

I don't think Chris Martin is that old :P

And hey Russ, BTW! Have you noticed? I have 10,000+ posts and still as dumb as ever! :D

I think that might be a sign of old age creeping in Monza...whistling.gif

Creeping in? It leapt out and beat me around the head when I least expected it. Just wait until it happens to you, Brad. You too will wonder why there's hair growing out of your ears. I may plait it.

@Andres. Nice to see the standard of your posts is as consistent as ever................... Congrats on the 10k.

The film Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011) has, in my humble opinion, an amazing soundtrack. I probably like it so much more because it's so different to my usual music.

My favourites:

..and

(only allowed two media links apparently).

Drive was pretty decent movie, very original, but I agree that the soundtrack was the stand-out feature. Very retro-80s kind of stuff, highly recommend checking it out if you enjoyed these two tracks from it.

Perfect don't you think?

Only at 3 mins 50 seconds, for me.

If I ever make an F1 highlights video or if I ever hotstmy own TV series on F1, I want this song as the main song :D

If I ever make an F1 highlights video or if I ever hotstmy own TV series on F1, I want this song as the main song biggrin.png

I really like that.

I like this:

Also listening to the bass line in Duran Duran's "Rio." Heard it on the radio the other day; never noticed it before, though I do like the song in general because it reminds me of high school phys ed (explaining would be inefficient). It's always nice to find something cool in a pop song.

Then there's this, which is just excellent. Best track on Songs from the Big Chair in my opinion, and even better live:

And then I always end up back where I start and listening to Talk Talk live in Montreux, 1986, and Simple Minds live in Newcastle, 1982.

There was an outdoor talent show/concert/thing on campus today.

One gentleman was delayed in his performance of music because he couldn't find the mouse cursor on his MacBook due to the solar glare.

I'm no purist; I'm a young person who likes 80s music, after all. I just found it almost surreal that people would come out to see someone make music on a laptop computer. But, hey, it was a sunny day, and I'm sure the guy was thrilled to have an audience, so good for him. :)

But, FFS, back in the 1800s, they didn't project doing another tire stop until 1947, they raced in the rain, and they didn't have to worry about solar glare to play live music! Senna!!! ;)

I guess my wondering is: where do you guys, personally, draw the line with what is and is not music, and what is and is not a performance? I figure that line continually changes, but I'd be interested to know. Does it detract from the music at all, for you, to be too computerized/electronic? In a way, it's sort of analogous to debates about driving aids in F1 etc.

I guess my wondering is: where do you guys, personally, draw the line with what is and is not music, and what is and is not a performance? I figure that line continually changes, but I'd be interested to know. Does it detract from the music at all, for you, to be too computerized/electronic? In a way, it's sort of analogous to debates about driving aids in F1 etc.

It's not a performance if the person doesn't have to do anything. C'mon, even the boyband I used to like ages ago pretended that they played guitar! The Backstreet Boys sang (sometimes).

If the music is good it doesn't matter if it's electronic. But when there is no performance then you can't ask for my attention. You have to know what you are selling and in this case it's not live music.