Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

General Music Thread

Thought it would be a good idea for any music discussions etc to be kept in one thread to save he effort of having to go into more than one thread to discuss it. Much like I did with the Film thread.

So if u wanna discuss anything about music then heres a thread where it can all be kept in one place. Saves having lots of random threads on pretty much the same thing.

I love music!!! Good idea Ben.

Rock, Pop, Classical & All types of dance... I love it all. Im a musical slut!

i dont even know what a MP3 is. i think its best that i stay out of this thread, for obvious westlife-related reasons

i dont even know what a MP3 is. i think its best that i stay out of this thread, for obvious westlife-related reasons

Smart move Jem........

plus i might get annoyed if Ben starts writing that all the best songs of 2006 are by either Girls Aloud or Beyonce Knowles!

sorry, thats my last post, i wont come back now :D

plus i might get annoyed if Ben starts writing that all the best songs of 2006 are by either Girls Aloud or Beyonce Knowles!

sorry, thats my last post, i wont come back now :D

Ben would be wise also to keep his yob shut , I dare say that any music from this millenium is suspect

I don't generally listen to contemporary music either. It has to be about my age or older (mid '80s and before) Classic Rock or Metal- heavy or death/speed.

I love Girls Aloud. :blush::king: They're quite good.

And U2. And Rage Against The Machine. :lol:

Yeah Girls Aloud are great!

And no my fave song from last year is prob Rehab by Amy Winehouse!

So we're in a music thread and all i have heard so far is talk about Girls Aloud and Westlife? :naughty:

My taste ranges from progressive rock (Genesis, Yes, Caravan, Steve Hillage, Gong, Jethro Tull, Mike Oldfield) through to classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The doors, The Rolling Stones) then sidelines into soul (Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Richie Havens) goes into electronica (The prodigy, Goldie, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher) sort of comes back on itself with more modern bands and bands of the moment (The Guillemots, Blur, Depeche Mode, The Divine Comedy) goes away again with lesser known gems (Peter Frampton, Nick Drake, Anthony And The Johnsons) and then ends with classical (Holst, Beethoven).

So we're in a music thread and all i have heard so far is talk about Girls Aloud and Westlife? :naughty:

My taste ranges from progressive rock (Genesis, Yes, Caravan, Steve Hillage, Gong, Jethro Tull, Mike Oldfield) through to classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The doors, The Rolling Stones) then sidelines into soul (Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Richie Havens) goes into electronica (The prodigy, Goldie, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher) sort of comes back on itself with more modern bands and bands of the moment (The Guillemots, Blur, Depeche Mode, The Divine Comedy) goes away again with lesser known gems (Peter Frampton, Nick Drake, Anthony And The Johnsons) and then ends with classical (Holst, Beethoven).

Or you could have said everything except Girls Aloud and Westlife!! :lol:

I went to see Steven Segal in a concert last Saturday - how strange is that!

Or you could have said everything except Girls Aloud and Westlife!! :lol:

I went to see Steven Segal in a concert last Saturday - how strange is that!

I saw him on the Friday night project, i bet it was an interesting experience!

Finally we start talking business! Ok, here are some of my preferences (hard to make a selection, my tastes are very non-linear so I will base many on what you mentioned):

Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Blur, Depeche Mode, Peter Frampton (all matches).

Some more, in no particular order: The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, David Bowie, The Cure, The Damned, Prince (bakc in the beggining), Nick Cave, Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen, Radiohead, The kinks, Echo & The Bunnymen, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Duke Ellington, Tom Jobim, Squirrell Nut Zippers, Vinicius de Moraes, Chico BuarqueBach, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi (pheew...so many more...I got tired)

Ok, some Argentinian sounds to throw in the mix too: Patricio Rey y Los Redonditos de Ricota, Sumo, Soda Stereo, Gotan Project, Fats Fernandez.

These days I am listening to: Air (The Virgin Suicides OST), The Tiny, Regina Spektor, The Shins, Daniel Adamson, The Good The Bad & The Queen, Menomena, Dengue Fever, and a long etcetera!

You paid??

He knows taekwon-do and he's a big b@stard - he night have beat me up if I hadn't!!

I saw him on the Friday night project, i bet it was an interesting experience!

It was indeed. All the women seemed quite taken with him. It was almost like watching Andres in action! :lol:

Finally we start talking business! Ok, here are some of my preferences (hard to make a selection, my tastes are very non-linear so I will base many on what you mentioned):

Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Blur, Depeche Mode, Peter Frampton (all matches).

Some more, in no particular order: The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, David Bowie, The Cure, The Damned, Prince (bakc in the beggining), Nick Cave, Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen, Radiohead, The kinks, Echo & The Bunnymen, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Duke Ellington, Tom Jobim, Squirrell Nut Zippers, Vinicius de Moraes, Chico BuarqueBach, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi (pheew...so many more...I got tired)

Ok, some Argentinian sounds to throw in the mix too: Patricio Rey y Los Redonditos de Ricota, Sumo, Soda Stereo, Gotan Project, Fats Fernandez.

These days I am listening to: Air (The Virgin Suicides OST), The Tiny, Regina Spektor, The Shins, Daniel Adamson, The Good The Bad & The Queen, Menomena, Dengue Fever, and a long etcetera!

I knew there was a reason I liked you!! :D

He knows taekwon-do and he's a big b@stard - he night have beat me up if I hadn't!!

Or he might have cooked for you.

whoop girls aloud rthe bestest bandin te woooooorrrrrrrrld. lol

P-lease! Seriously, you said this was going to be a music thread. You are about as knowledgeable about music as a satsuma. Now go shag a boy in a toilet.

@ Dribbler & Quiet One...

I absolutely love Depeche Mode, I have most their cds. Their latest one "Playing the angel" is fantastic.

I also quite like your choices of Blur & Prodigy.

On the multi changer: Grandaddy, Steve Hackett, The Stranglers, New Model Army, Midnight Oil and The Move.

In the glovebox: Procol Harum, Sigur Ros, John Fogerty, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.