Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Night Race

if you can name me one good thing that can come from night racing maybe i'd be more open to it

It will add extra exitcement to the races.and especially wet night races will be amazing IMO.

thats not something concrete, you could say the same thing about adding excitement by giving all the drivers nose mounted machine guns. Give me something concrete, and something that only can be gotten from a night race.

So let's go racing in cold countries.

That would be awesome...

http://www.bridgestonemotorsport.com/Bridg...1+Snow+Tyre.htm

The copout about "what would it add to the spectacle?" is really lame, you're not providing any support for your argument. Night races have a totally different atmosphere to them.

yeah they should make us, china, spa as night races with little headlights in front of F1 cars. IMO it would be fun to watch

agree with player1 wet night races would be cool (thus spa is added)

things will look much more colourful when there are more ambulance present with their red and blue flickering lights on.

things will look much more colourful when there are more ambulance present with their red and blue flickering lights on.

Indeed.

Am I the only one tired of these "brilliant ideas" to make F1 more interesting? Like the tires issue, they are all more appealing to newbies (mostly american nascar public) while avoiding what seems to me the central issue: F1 is becoming boring because of actual regulations and an out of proportion focus on marketing even in spite of the sport itself. I am not against marketing, mind you. I just think that it is not the center of the Universe (and I am completely aware that I am part fo a very very small community that thinks like that, along with the Dalai Lama and Ghandi :lol: )

Singapore set for 2008 night race

Hot on the heels of South Africa's re-emergence on the Formula One radar, it is being reported that Singapore is set to join the annual calendar as early as 2008.

The newspaper Today quoted a 'source' who confirmed that the project, with government support, could be given the green light next week for an April or August date.

Bernie Ecclestone is expected to travel to the island city-state, located in South-East Asia, later this month.

"I can confirm that Singapore is on the calendar next year and it could either be the third race of the season, or towards the end of the season in August," the anonymous source said, explaining that he is bound by non-disclosure rules.

Today claims that the Singapore Grand Prix will be F1's first ever night race, on a city circuit.

http://www.f1racing.ws/news/2007/03/300/more

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So singapore Night Race, couldn't be too bad i think,

if early august i will try to go for it.

i still dont understand the benefit, the need, or the reason. Having a race in freezing cold dark isnt going to create any more drama or overtaking!

I agree Jem. Except for the freezing cold and dark part. It's a gimmick.

I wonder what does the drivers think of a night race will they be happy and I think the first one that will make a noise that it is dangerous is JV. I know he is not driving but he will make somekind of noise to get attention. :eusa_think:

The only way I'd sign onto a night race is if we outfit the cars with headlights and kill the overhead track lighting. If we can't have that, throw the idea out.

I have to agree with Jem too, all a night race does is make the drivers slow down (kinda the opposite of why people race), make overtaking occur less often because drivers don't want to push too mcuh when they cant see the road, and if the track were lit like during the day so speeds are up and ofertaking is the same, then why have it at all. and this whole we will just like the whole track is totally against the new "green F1". think of the power they are wasting lighting a track like it was day

The only way I'd sign onto a night race is if we outfit the cars with headlights and kill the overhead track lighting. If we can't have that, throw the idea out.

Yup i agree. when i think of night race, i think of the cars getting tinny headlights proabbly on the front wing(having different aero effects of it) and very little overhead track litting(except pit lane(each team with thier color of lighting))

And then you have sports cars.................

GP cars with headlights :eusa_think:

Hate the idea, throw it out.

i think the idea of a night race is cool. give the drivers another challenge, make it weird and break the monotony of the current F1 calendar! we all drive in the night, let see how well these kids do in their carbon fibre soapboxes.

And then you have sports cars.................

Yup and we already have those so...

:thbup:

can you imagine how money the teams would spend on developing headlights the size of one LED that can light up the whole superbowl field????

i think the idea of a night race is cool. give the drivers another challenge, make it weird and break the monotony of the current F1 calendar! we all drive in the night, let see how well these kids do in their carbon fibre soapboxes.

don't you mean coffins?(taken from Grand Prix movie)

imagine if a serious accident occurred in a night race - the FIA would (yet again) come under a barrage of criticism. Does the racing at Le Mans suddenly spice up when night falls? Err, no

imagine if a serious accident occurred in a night race - the FIA would (yet again) come under a barrage of criticism. Does the racing at Le Mans suddenly spice up when night falls? Err, no

Since when did you start caring about fia? and F1 is about risks (read my post in Brake lights, i am sure you have a good refute for it)

i have a good refute for everything :rolleyes:

i dont care about the FIA! but every time the FIA come up with some radical idea everyone gets angry about it. Plus the FIA are super-duper safety-conscious so i'd be surprised if they enforced the idea knowing that it creates more danger

i have a good refute for everything :rolleyes:

i dont care about the FIA! but every time the FIA come up with some radical idea everyone gets angry about it. Plus the FIA are super-duper safety-conscious so i'd be surprised if they enforced the idea knowing that it creates more danger

I don't think they have enforced the idea. it is only bernie saying that he wants one

i still dont understand the benefit, the need, or the reason. Having a race in freezing cold dark isnt going to create any more drama or overtaking!

singapore is in the equatorial region, it would be actually nicer for the fans to see a night race! there is no such thing as freezing cold in that part of the world....

sometime back a lot of people asked, "who would want to play cricket in the night?, what an awful idea!"