Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Night Race

Well, that's what I was thinking, AJ, sort of defeats the purpose a bit if everywhere is all lit up, then the only real change would be that the cars are a little bit quicker due to being slighty cooler.

So basically it is no point to see hte cars go 5km/hr faster and have the race in the night, then it is better in daylight. unless...........

they do what i say and have different lighting with respect to track, on turns brightest light and straights low light...

So basically it is no point to see hte cars go 5km/hr faster and have the race in the night, then it is better in daylight. unless...........

they do what i say and have different lighting with respect to track, on turns brightest light and straights low light...

I guess they would have to do something different, for sure, but I can't say the idea particularly appeals to me, to be honest.

Mind you, a joker phase to the race whereby the race director turns all the lights out at various points during the race, completely random of course, may spice things up a bit :eusa_think:

I guess they would have to do something different, for sure, but I can't say the idea particularly appeals to me, to be honest.

Mind you, a joker phase to the race whereby the race director turns all the lights out at various points during the race, completely random of course, may spice things up a bit :eusa_think:

That would result in a few accidents if they don't have headlights, but would definatly spice things up if there was a electricity failur on the circuit

Think the night race idea sounds great. Would be something different to the norm and I'm always up for something new. Bring it on I say.

a night race with a torrential downpour would make interesting viewing, but i'm still not a fan of the idea.

what surprises me is that Ecclestone says he's doing this for the benefit of European viewers so that we can watch races at convenient times, yet at the same time he's getting more and more races in the middle and far east, meaning races are going to be on at inconvenient times! unless they're all going to be night races, which of course is unlikely.

Leave it as is I say, F1 has been in daylight for 57 years and we still love it

Melbourne considers night race

Australian Grand Prix organisers are exploring the possibility of turning the event into a night race next year.

Ron Walker, chairman of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, has already discussed the idea with F1 impresario Bernie Ecclestone and the pair are set to have further talks at this weekend

I think i speak for most people in the Asia-Pacific region and the Middle East when i say p**s OFF BERNIE. Europe already has atleast 13 races which are on at a convenient time for them and now they are trying to change the inconvenient races so the poor Europeans can get their beauty sleep. GET STUFFED EUROPE.

hey hold your horses one moment, this is not europeans' fault, and there's no need to make an offensive comment like that.

I dont like the idea of the opening race being held at night, its just weird, anyway we've been used to it since 96 and everyone praises melbourne and the australian GP so I wish Bernie would ditch this idea. F1 fans accept that some races will be on at different times, and as I said in a different thread, if Bernie cares so much about what time us Europeans watch F1 then why is he doing all he can to get races in far-east countries?

His reason is 'facilities'. My reaction is the fans dont give a s##t about facilities we care about what we watch on TV, and silverstone provides great races! am i going off topic here?

Its not the European's fault, its bernie's fault. Slagging us off isn't going to change the way the sport is ran. Most of the commercial interests of F1 are European, and they are catering for that

hey hold your horses one moment, this is not europeans' fault, and there's no need to make an offensive comment like that.

I dont like the idea of the opening race being held at night, its just weird, anyway we've been used to it since 96 and everyone praises melbourne and the australian GP so I wish Bernie would ditch this idea. F1 fans accept that some races will be on at different times, and as I said in a different thread, if Bernie cares so much about what time us Europeans watch F1 then why is he doing all he can to get races in far-east countries?

His reason is 'facilities'. My reaction is the fans dont give a s##t about facilities we care about what we watch on TV, and silverstone provides great races! am i going off topic here?

Your close to border of it...

But i think some races(2 max 3) should be night. the rest should be in sun...

i think 1 annual night race would be more than enough.

if this really is just to please sponsors who are all saying "hey our european customers arent watching our logo's cos they're on at night" then that really annoys me!

i think 1 annual night race would be more than enough.

if this really is just to please sponsors who are all saying "hey our european customers arent watching our logo's cos they're on at night" then that really annoys me!

Yup if it for that reason it would annoy me as well.

taken from th FIA thursday press conference:-

Q: (Ottavio Daviddi - Tuttosport) There are many rumours about the possibility of racing under artificial lights. I would like to know your opinions on that?

FA: I did a demonstration in Valencia when we launched the car there in January and it was at night and it was extremely difficult to see anything, to see the road. For me, it is hard to believe they will have strong enough lights to see perfectly ok and to have a race, a Grand Prix, but sometimes Formula One surprises you! From a drivers point of view it would be better not to say anything until we are not driving

So only Wurz And Davidson like the night race

Alonso and Massa sounded like they even thought the idea of a night race could be dangerous.

I would happen to agree, its a pretty pointless venture

Personally I think that it isn't a great idea, I was reading that Alonso said he had poor visibility at the night time launch of his car.

I think that it could be dangerous as the lights aren't strong enough, but if the lights become stronger it might work.

Personally I think that it isn't a great idea, I was reading that Alonso said he had poor visibility at the night time launch of his car.

I think that it could be dangerous as the lights aren't strong enough, but if the lights become stronger it might work.

But if the lights become stronger(i don't know how strong they were at that time) wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having a night race?

BLOODY STUPID IDEA, LEAVE NIGHT RACES ALONE, BAN ALL DRIVER AIDS, GIVE SILVERSTONE A 50-YEAR CONTRACT, AND F1 IS FINE!!!

Singapore denies Australian GP steal

The head of a visiting Grand Prix delegation from Singapore on Saturday denied that the Asian island-state is trying to steal the Australian Grand Prix from Melbourne.

"We're not trying to come here or anywhere else with a hatchet to knock out somebody else's race," Michael Roche said at Albert Park. "We've come to learn because of the brilliant job that Melbourne's done. We'd rather be complementary than be an adversary."

It is rumoured, however, that a possible Singapore threat has led Australian promoter Ron Walker to seriously consider Bernie Ecclestone's request for a night-race - the first of which could be seen in 2008.

Ecclestone, also in Melbourne to investigate the logistical possibility of lighting up Albert Park, said: "We lose a large proportion of our TV audience in Europe because of the time (difference). They should think about it."

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...317084215.shtml

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically Bernie is saying to the Australian GP organisers that if they dont do a night race next year then Australia will loose its place in the calendar. I hate Bernie as he is using bulling tactics to get what he wants :furious:

But if the lights become stronger(i don't know how strong they were at that time) wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having a night race?

Yes but would you want to see things happen, eg serious crashes that could result in serious harm due to insuffiecent light?

Someone needs to loosen Bernie's grip on F1 he doesn't care about the fans and he is runining the sport.

Yes but would you want to see things happen, eg serious crashes that could result in serious harm due to insuffiecent light?

As i said earlier in the thread have strong lights on turns and softer light on straughts, so it is safe where needed yet dark in some places

Bernie said to Martin Brundle on the grid that it is definately going to happen, and he wants it to happen in 'ALL of the asian races'. He also said he was doing it 'for you guys back in england' but my view is that he's doing it because the sponsors are unhappy that no-one watches the race in europe because of the time its on, and so their logo's arent being seen!

Bernie said to Martin Brundle on the grid that it is definately going to happen, and he wants it to happen in 'ALL of the asian races'. He also said he was doing it 'for you guys back in england' but my view is that he's doing it because the sponsors are unhappy that no-one watches the race in europe because of the time its on, and so their logo's arent being seen!

You cant even begin to imagine how angry i am at the idea of night races for all Asian races. I think it is incredible unfair that European viewers have priority over people in the Asia-Pacific region. Also its not like we can refuse as Bernie has made it clear that if the Australian organisers dont agree to his proposal then other countries will and we will loose our Grand Prix. I dont think ive hated Bernie Ecclestone more than i do at the moment :furious:

yes it does seem unfair on asian and australasian viewers.

dont worry i dont think Bernie gives a monkeys anus about european viewers, its always about money so thats why i think its because of pressure from sponsors