Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Night Race

yes it does seem unfair on asian and australasian viewers.

dont worry i dont think Bernie gives a monkeys anus about european viewers, its always about money so thats why i think its because of pressure from sponsors

Your probably right but that still doesnt make what Bernie is doing anymore right. We all live in a international community and every country must take the good with the bad no matter how much the sponsors hate it.

i dont think the sponsors or Bernie care about that. Its all about revenue and marketing etc, there isnt exactly a major concern of lack of interest in F1 at the moment so there's no need to introduce night races for that reason.

Does Bernie really care that Europeans have to set their alarms and get up early? Noway! Who does he think he's kidding. He knows full well that in UK the race is shown again in the afternoon anyway

Unfortunately the majority of the money comes from Europe, most of the fans are in Europe and so he's going to make is as accessible with regards to viewing times for them as possible. I dont necessairly agree though I do like the sound of a night race.

Afterall he's talking night, but is that 7pm, 9pm or what? If I was in that time zone personlly I'd rather sit down with a beer and watch the race live at 7 or 8pm than early afternoon.

Australia is about 10 hours ahead of UK. So for UK viewers to have the ideal race-start time of 1pm, the Aussie GP would have to be at about 11pm, which isnt too bad for the aussies but still a slight inconvenience for the fans who like to attend the race

Australia is about 10 hours ahead of UK. So for UK viewers to have the ideal race-start time of 1pm, the Aussie GP would have to be at about 11pm, which isnt too bad for the aussies but still a slight inconvenience for the fans who like to attend the race

But i dont see why i have to say up til 1am to watch a race which is in my country. The entire situation is despicable.

But i dont see why i have to say up til 1am to watch a race which is in my country. The entire situation is despicable.

because the sponsors of F1 races want their products to be advertised to the millions of people in Europe! Bernie doesnt give a crap about you and he doesnt give a crap about me either!

Someone needs to have Bernie bumped off, he is a greedy old swine, and he is ruining the essence of the sport with his greed

It's different, but I still think it's kind of dumb. What's the point of having a night race when you're going to lit the whole track up? Might as well just have it in the day. If they're going to put lights on the car and have a night race then that's different.

It's different, but I still think it's kind of dumb. What's the point of having a night race when you're going to lit the whole track up? Might as well just have it in the day. If they're going to put lights on the car and have a night race then that's different.

it doesnt make sense to me either, so i'll stick with my theory about it being all about the sponsors, until i'm proved wrong!

I don't really like the idea of a "Night Race". I think F1 should stay the way it is in terms of race times.

Unfortunately the majority of the money comes from Europe, most of the fans are in Europe and so he's going to make is as accessible with regards to viewing times for them as possible. I dont necessairly agree though I do like the sound of a night race.

Afterall he's talking night, but is that 7pm, 9pm or what? If I was in that time zone personlly I'd rather sit down with a beer and watch the race live at 7 or 8pm than early afternoon.

Actually you speak the thruth, i would rather like to watch the race at 10pm/11pm in the night ather than in the afternoon.

Having a night race also goes against the sport trying to go green. Can you imagine the amount of power that would be consumed for a GP weekend for no good reason other than satisfying bloody Europe.

Bernie, you son have now lost the plot, p!ss off and leave our sport alone you complete nutter!!!!

This makes me quite angry in case you have not noticed!!! :angry:

Having a night race also goes against the sport trying to go green. Can you imagine the amount of power that would be consumed for a GP weekend for no good reason other than satisfying bloody Europe.

Bernie, you son have now lost the plot, p!ss off and leave our sport alone you complete nutter!!!!

This makes me quite angry in case you have not noticed!!! :angry:

Good point! :thbup:

BLOODY STUPID IDEA, LEAVE NIGHT RACES ALONE, BAN ALL DRIVER AIDS, GIVE SILVERSTONE A 50-YEAR CONTRACT, AND F1 IS FINE!!!

:nono1: Dont shout young man!

you forgot the "Let Jensen Win"...

Not likely, Jenson is in the wrong car to be shown favouritism

Raikkonen happy to race at night

F1 heading towards night events in 2008

Kimi Raikkonen has backed a controversial plan to stage Grand Prix at night. Bernie Ecclestone has spoken of including night races on the F1 schedule as early as next season. "For me it is okay as long as there is enough lighting," Raikkonen told reporters today at Sepang.

But some top drivers have opposed the plan. Citing safety reasons, world champion Fernando Alonso has come out against night races. The Spaniard had recently said in Australia that he had some experience of driving at night at the McLaren team's 2007 season launch.

"We launched the car in Valencia at night and it was extremely difficult to see the road," Alonso said. "For me, it's very hard to believe that they will have strong enough lights to see okay to have a Grand Prix."

But support for Ecclestone's plans seems growing after Mokhzani Mahathir, chairman of the Sepang International Circuit (SIC), backed night races. "For me it makes commercial sense to host a night race. It is cooler to race here and we think we can get more people to come and watch at Sepang," he said.

Mokhzani said Sepang Circuit officials were already in talks with lighting consultants on what lights could be used to make the track bright but without glare or shadow.

Night racing is relatively common practice in the Champ Car World Series and IRL IndyCar.

E.A.

Source AFP

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...328125741.shtml

Oh be quiet Kimi, night races are bad. Listen to Fernando would you.............................please :D

Oh be quiet Kimi, night races are bad. Listen to Fernando would you.............................please :D

Kimi doesn't listen to anyone, remember he won't even listen to schumi(when schumi was giving him advice, he prefers to do it his way....

Kimi doesn't listen to anyone, remember he won't even listen to schumi(when schumi was giving him advice, he prefers to do it his way....

:dam: Forgot that :lol:

:dam: Forgot that :lol:

Kimi just be quiet then, night races BAD, got that??? BAD = night races!!!

Maybe Kimi can't just s##t at night, so thus he wants enough lights....

He said his views in 12 words, and we/he likes night races...

Good for him lol.

I still think it is a bad idea, and I propose that we form a Total F1 vigalante group with the aim of assassinating bernie before he does F1 any more damage :P

Ralf Schumacher backs night racing

''I don't see why we shouldn't do it''

Toyota driver Ralf Schumacher has backed the concept of night racing in Formula One's Asian region.

Singapore is imminently set to join the 2008 calendar as a floodlit Grand Prix, and officials for the race in Melbourne are also seriously considering Bernie Ecclestone's proposal to create a better TV screening time for European fans.

It emerged on Wednesday, meanwhile, that the Malaysian Grand Prix could be held under dark skies.

Schumacher joins rivals Mark Webber and Kimi Raikkonen in agreeing that safe floodlit racing would make a good addition to the formula one recipe.

The German said: "Things like lighting, flag signalling, flying medical helicopters at night and other things would all throw up problems that need to be overcome."

"But it has been done elsewhere and if the logistics can be solved, I don't see why we shouldn't do it."

E.A.

Source GMM

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...329100802.shtml

-----------------------------------------------

One More Driver for the night race idea....

if we do have to have a night race, then 1 a year is sufficient, as a kind of novelty like Monaco. I strongly disagree with Malaysia being held in the dark.

i'm surprised that drivers all seem to back the idea. But i suppose we should give it a chance before condemning it. If it does turn out to be a disaster, then we can all send our complaints!!

if we do have to have a night race, then 1 a year is sufficient, as a kind of novelty like Monaco. I strongly disagree with Malaysia being held in the dark.

i'm surprised that drivers all seem to back the idea. But i suppose we should give it a chance before condemning it. If it does turn out to be a disaster, then we can all send our complaints!!

Another problem i have with night races in Australia is that Albert Park isnt a well lit which means these high powered lights will have to be installed every year. At the moment the Aus GP is in the Red loosing nearly $30 million a year. The lighting idea will mean the Austyralian GP will loose even more money.

Another problem i have with night races in Australia is that Albert Park isnt a well lit which means these high powered lights will have to be installed every year. At the moment the Aus GP is in the Red loosing nearly $30 million a year. The lighting idea will mean the Austyralian GP will loose even more money.

why does that bother you??