Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Night Race

why does that bother you??

If they continue to loose money the Victorian government might decide that the F1 GP isnt worth the cost.

I like the idea of giving it a go. I want to see what it's like. I dont get Fernando's problem about seeing the road. Plenty of other race series' have done night races and there haven't been issues. I'd guess their car launch at night wasn't the ideal lights for racing.

I like the idea of giving it a go. I want to see what it's like. I dont get Fernando's problem about seeing the road. Plenty of other race series' have done night races and there haven't been issues. I'd guess their car launch at night wasn't the ideal lights for racing.

But most of those racing series have fitted headlights onto their cars. That really isnt a option for formula 1 cars though.

Only Alonso can find fault with a night race, no one else does, then he's appointted member of the committee. sis-sis-sis- sissy!!!!

Only Alonso can find fault with a night race, no one else does, then he's appointted member of the committee. sis-sis-sis- sissy!!!!

:laughing:

You just loooove to bash on Alonso's fans don't you?

But still you do it in a funny way! I can't help but laugh! :D

Good for him lol.

I still think it is a bad idea, and I propose that we form a Total F1 vigalante group with the aim of assassinating bernie before he does F1 any more damage :P

gee thanks for that statement shane2, our cover is now blown and now we all are on bernie's terror watch list. Don't be surprised if the MAN hunts you down and shuts down your file sharing servers!

:wacko:

But most of those racing series have fitted headlights onto their cars. That really isnt a option for formula 1 cars though.

I dont recall that being the case with Indy cars/Champ Cars? I'm sure it can be done or they wouldn't be seriously planning it. To much money for it just to not work come the day of the race.

:laughing:

You just loooove to bash on Alonso's fans don't you?

But still you do it in a funny way! I can't help but laugh! :D

Yeah, but I feel I need a break :lol:

The best is when I'm joking and I get a tremendous quirky response. Hopefully I can find another passionate Kimi protege fan to continue the abuse...

:lol:

gee thanks for that statement shane2, our cover is now blown and now we all are on bernie's terror watch list. Don't be surprised if the MAN hunts you down and shuts down your file sharing servers!

:wacko:

I'd like to see him get past the armed guards :P

Yeah, but I feel I need a break :lol:

The best is when I'm joking and I get a tremendous quirky response. Hopefully I can find another passionate Kimi protege fan to continue the abuse...

:lol:

:yawn:

So maybe for the one-off race they get the headlights put...

We are anyways getting brake lights so headlights wont be a very big issue

I'd like to see him get past the armed guards :P

:yawn:

Sorry Shane, but Brad did drive you crazy more than once :lol: You have to give him credit for that!

If they continue to loose money the Victorian government might decide that the F1 GP isnt worth the cost.

We can only hope that the 30 odd million that the race loses the Victorian State Government is worth 30 million dollars in exposure around the world otherwise yes the Australian GP could well be in a great deal of strife.

I'm surprised that Webber and Alonso are not holding hands on the issue of night races :eusa_think:

So maybe for the one-off race they get the headlights put...

We are anyways getting brake lights so headlights wont be a very big issue

Oh, don't forget blinkers, horns, white hats that we can have sitting on the new mandatory parcel shelf oh and don't forget the cup holders that will have to become the norm in the c#ckpit so the driver can have a cup of tea whilst negotiating turn 8 at Turkey, AJ this is soon going to become the biggest joke in world motorsport.

The drivers without a mind of their own will support the night race idea because that's what they have been told to say by the team principal.

Leave it alone Bernie you twit.

Oh, don't forget blinkers, horns, white hats that we can have sitting on the new mandatory parcel shelf oh and don't forget the cup holders that will have to become the norm in the c#ckpit so the driver can have a cup of tea whilst negotiating turn 8 at Turkey, AJ this is soon going to become the biggest joke in world motorsport.

The drivers without a mind of their own will support the night race idea because that's what they have been told to say by the team principal.

Leave it alone Bernie you twit.

So Kimi and Webber don't have a mind of thier own????

Sorry abt the fact that do not like the idea of a night race, but i have a very good feeling that it will happen. and you can allways try an idea, if it works then good, if it doesn't revert to old.

Like stop kidding(i think) said earlier in this thread, probably at the time when they were considering Cricket day and night matches people must have also rediclued them like you have....

So Kimi and Webber don't have a mind of thier own????

Sorry abt the fact that do not like the idea of a night race, but i have a very good feeling that it will happen. and you can allways try an idea, if it works then good, if it doesn't revert to old.

Like stop kidding(i think) said earlier in this thread, probably at the time when they were considering Cricket day and night matches people must have also rediclued them like you have....

I'm a little disappointed in Webber supporting night races to tell you the truth I thought he would have my back on this :D

I will slowly get my head around the fact that it will happen, but at this stage I'm still very much in denial.

It was a good point about the cricket yes but, that was done by the great Kerry Packer to make the cricket package better for the people as much as anything else. This night race garbage is being done purely to satisfy Europe IMO.

I'm a little disappointed in Webber supporting night races to tell you the truth I thought he would have my back on this :D

I will slowly get my head around the fact that it will happen, but at this stage I'm still very much in denial.

It was a good point about the cricket yes but, that was done by the great Kerry Packer to make the cricket package better for the people as much as anything else. This night race garbage is being done purely to satisfy Europe IMO.

But if you look in the long term of things, the major demand will soon shift to Asia( more people) especially with more races in Asia, soon the european races will be night, it is right now just said to be for europe, but it may just happen that europe becomes night. If more race are held in Asia, more peole will sponser on the cars adn thus priorites shift to Asian investors.... (India allready has 2 sponsers on F1 cars)

But if you look in the long term of things, the major demand will soon shift to Asia( more people) especially with more races in Asia, soon the european races will be night, it is right now just said to be for europe, but it may just happen that europe becomes night. If more race are held in Asia, more peole will sponser on the cars adn thus priorites shift to Asian investors.... (India allready has 2 sponsers on F1 cars)

You have a good point, the pacific region's economy is booming, but for this power shift to take place it will take a very long time. By this time Formula One as we all know and love it will be nothing more that A1 or IRL crap.

Malaysia ready to host night race

Calling the FIA to set the lighting standard

Malaysia is ready to host a Grand Prix night race next year, the head of the nation's top international track said Friday, as drivers backed the move.

"Yes, I don't think it is a problem to host night racing in 2008," Mokhzani Mahathir, chairman of the Sepang International Circuit (SIC), told AFP.

Bernie Ecclestone has spoken of including night races on the F1 schedule as early as next season to boost TV audiences - particularly in Europe.

Mokhzani said the FIA has to lay down lighting guidelines before the plan can become reality.

"If they set the standards, then we can work on it. Physically it is not a big deal for us at Sepang Circuit.

We are a dedicated circuit. FIA has to set the standards for brightness and safety," he said.

Mokhzani had earlier said circuit officials were already in talks with consultants on what lights could be used without creating glare or shadow.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...330150050.shtml

============================================

So Malaysia to be the first night race in F1 history???

Sorry Shane, but Brad did drive you crazy more than once :lol: You have to give him credit for that!

Yes, but annoying the guards so much that they shoot you is not really the plan :P

More work needed on Singapore night race

Mark Webber questions lighting in the wet

Mark Webber praised a proposed Singapore street circuit after driving it on Saturday but said more research was needed into a plan to race here at night.

The Red Bull driver said organisers would have to look into lighting and the effect of rain, which could create glare in dark conditions.

"They are talking about the night concept which again is very, very new and pioneering and something which has not been done before in Formula One," said Webber who is also director of the Grand Prix Drivers Association.

"The question of whether it rains has been mentioned," he added. "It requires a lot of research and development into actually understanding how that could take place in terms of the amount of lighting required to make the event safe for the drivers, for marshals and (other) people taking part."

"There's a few unanswered questions which need a bit more research, but that happens when you have something very exciting and something very new which is what we have here. "

Webber took a morning drive in a non-race car around the 4.8 kilometre route proposed by designer Hermann Tilke.

Despite the potential risks, Webber said "all the drivers are very, very keen to race on a new street circuit, which is definitely going to be the case here in Singapore."

"It's a very clean and beautiful city and I think it's a real signature event if you can have a Formula One Grand Prix here," he added. "I can see the enthusiasm and the excitement to have an international sporting event such as the world Formula One championships here and it's something which looks exciting, no questions about it."

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...331120218.shtml

Feb 31st 2007

VW to develop special Ambulance, to support F1 for night race.

Growing concern about the safety of drivers during the upcoming night race during the future seasons, FIA have approached VW to supply 24 ambulances for the teams. These Ambulance, will be powered by VW's Bugatti w16, which is really necessary to keep up with the F1 cars, but the engine speed will be restricted inorder to avoid them competing with the racing cars, because it is sure that in future even minivans would get faster than f1 cars. Every car will get an ambulance following them through out the race. Ambulance will be equipped with every medical equipment that an ambulance normally has, but the highlight equipment is the airconditoned coffin made of teak wood and leather stiched interiors. These ambulance will be driven by the third drivers of the team (last hope for the likes of my countryman, Narain). VW are in talks with Michelins to develop special tyres for these ambulance.

Ambulance drivers are strictly prohibited from sharing their fuel with the drivers (Airforce style).

More news coming up.

Feb 31st 2007

VW to develop special Ambulance, to support F1 for night race.

Growing concern about the safety of drivers during the upcoming night race during the future seasons, FIA have approached VW to supply 24 ambulances for the teams. These Ambulance, will be powered by VW's Bugatti w16, which is really necessary to keep up with the F1 cars, but the engine speed will be restricted inorder to avoid them competing with the racing cars, because it is sure that in future even minivans would get faster than f1 cars. Every car will get an ambulance following them through out the race. Ambulance will be equipped with every medical equipment that an ambulance normally has, but the highlight equipment is the airconditoned coffin made of teak wood and leather stiched interiors. These ambulance will be driven by the third drivers of the team (last hope for the likes of my countryman, Narain). VW are in talks with Michelins to develop special tyres for these ambulance.

Ambulance drivers are strictly prohibited from sharing their fuel with the drivers (Airforce style).

More news coming up.

And thu 4th drivers of teams will be a must..

Good find Abbas... :clap3::lol::lol:

Nextel Cup Stockers don't have headlights, the tracks are extremely well-lit for night races, I've been to Daytona at night and even though the Rolex cars have headlights, the oval portion of the track gets well-lit. The lights got installed for the first Pepsi 400 about ten years ago and there were no lights at the track until then. That's 4 km, if they can do it there, it can be done at any other track.

Yes but those are permanent race tracks so its alot easier to light them. Places like Albert Park on the other hand would need to lights to be installed every year which would cost alot of money.