Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

F1 Night Race

don't you mean coffins?(taken from Grand Prix movie)

err they are anything but coffins these days. in fact i am sure the grim reaper hates the modern F1 monocoque chassis.

for some reason, people expect the night race to be held in Le Mans like conditions with the cars themselves providing much of the lighting on the road. I suspect the F1 night race would be a grand spectacle with a lot of fancy arena lights. for the TV audience it won't be much of a difference, but it could create a unique grand prix experience for the fans at the circuit! The sooner you acknowledge the F1 is closer to Show Business than sport, it would be better for your aching souls. sigh! :(

you bunch of cynics!! :mf_tongue:

Grand Prix is great movie BTW :thbup:

singapore is in the equatorial region, it would be actually nicer for the fans to see a night race! there is no such thing as freezing cold in that part of the world....

sometime back a lot of people asked, "who would want to play cricket in the night?, what an awful idea!"

i agree with u in the cricket one though. gd example

The sooner you acknowledge the F1 is closer to Show Business than sport, it would be better for your aching souls. sigh! :(

NO!! I won't accept this. It may be reality at the moment, but it'll never change if we accept it. We must constantly, in every forum available to us, remind our fellow race fans about the TRUE nature of racing. Sport creates spectacle, not the other way round. If we sit idly by whilst 'greater' minds and wallets determine the course of F1, we will have failed. Post on forums, write emails, take surveys. Do all this, unwaveringly, and the sport will return to this spectacle.

NO!! I won't accept this. It may be reality at the moment, but it'll never change if we accept it. We must constantly, in every forum available to us, remind our fellow race fans about the TRUE nature of racing. Sport creates spectacle, not the other way round. If we sit idly by whilst 'greater' minds and wallets determine the course of F1, we will have failed. Post on forums, write emails, take surveys. Do all this, unwaveringly, and the sport will return to this spectacle.

We shall not be moved!! :clap3:

Agree,

* Starts shouting " What do we want? (insert complaint here) _____________, When do we want it? NOW "

A revolution.

Again i was not invited. :(I'm never invited for anything. :D:P

You don't need an invitation, Ankit. You are the leader of the gang :binladen:

You don't need an invitation, Ankit. You are the leader of the gang :binladen:

So i see you have left the jacuzzi's and come over to the Mafias. Good Thought. (Cancel ON-drayse of the list- Ed boss)(Cancel ON-drayse of the list??? When did we get a On-drayse?-Ed)(That the way you prononce Andres you dimwit - Ed's Boss :shaking head in dispair: but loves to :binladen:

I think a night race would be great,as if its gunna be that dark that the drivers vison will be reduced and crash,seriously im sure they wouldnt have made up the idear if they knew that they wouldnt be able to produce enough light for saftey reasons,the only prob i have is that in Australia god knows what times ill be up to in the morning watching a night race,but i think the cars would look awsome flickering through the lights going down the stright with an on board camera.

The Indy cars do it and there faster then a F1 car so i think we should at least give it a chance.

I think a night race would be great,as if its gunna be that dark that the drivers vison will be reduced and crash,seriously im sure they wouldnt have made up the idear if they knew that they wouldnt be able to produce enough light for saftey reasons,the only prob i have is that in Australia god knows what times ill be up to in the morning watching a night race,but i think the cars would look awsome flickering through the lights going down the stright with an on board camera.

The Indy cars do it and there faster then a F1 car so i think we should at least give it a chance.

care to explain the random bob marley attachment...?

Was trying to put a pic on my post like your MS one but it didnt work, dont know how to.

Go to my controls (up) and click on personal sig and then clickk on the icon for the picture and ure set

btw, Welcome to the Forums

Go to my controls (up) and click on personal sig and then clickk on the icon for the picture and ure set

btw, Welcome to the Forums

do u have to use a photobucket link or sumthing?

do u have to use a photobucket link or sumthing?

Yeah, photobucket, imageshack, webshots. all free, so should nt be a problem. i use webshots(just click on my sig)

Night races revisited....those who bitched about night racing, here is what two F1 drivers have to say. I like the comment by webber but the cooler night air making the cars faster! Interesting reference to Le Mans too! I'd say bring on night racing!!! :clap3:

I think the excessive and often baseless Bernie bashing on these forums is actually making me a Bernie fan! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPDA director Mark Webber has welcomed the suggestion, as long as proper testing of running cars in the dark was done.

"That is a brilliant idea. Absolutely brilliant," said Webber about Ecclestone's suggestion. "I think we should race at night. I think he is talking brilliant sense. It would be great for the sport.

"There will have to be a balance between not having enough lighting and having too much lighting, because you don't want it like daytime.

"There needs to be some testing done though. I know the drivers are not important when it comes to a lot of things, but we probably need to test a few things to work out what is sensible and what is not. We are a part of a show and we want to make it better."

He added: "The tracks will be quick - it is the same at Le Mans, when the cars are quicker at night. The engines like it. Night races are good. It would be great in Malaysia actually because it would be cooler then."

Honda Racing's Rubens Barrichello is also in favour of the night race idea.

"It will be fine," he said. "I have no idea what it will be like in the c#ckpit - obviously doing 300km/h at night, I don't know what the illumination will give.

"On a kart it's fine - but I have no idea what it will be like in an F1 car. It will be fun for the public and as long as we have safety in the car it will be fine."

i think there should be a night-test to see what its like for the driver, and what its like to watch. F1 cars dont really shoot out flames or sparks (much) so i dont see how the spectacle would improve

i think there should be a night-test to see what its like for the driver, and what its like to watch. F1 cars dont really shoot out flames or sparks (much) so i dont see how the spectacle would improve

Maybe bernie could add a rule next year that says each car must have a flamethrower :D

The only way I'd sign onto a night race is if we outfit the cars with headlights and kill the overhead track lighting. If we can't have that, throw the idea out.

Unless they used nightvision on the camera's you wouldnt see the sponsors and theres no way Bernie would allow that!

changes the characteristics of the car, track makes it harder for the drivers, makes it more challenging!??? etc etc? why are wet races more fun to watch? doh!!

Unless they used nightvision on the camera's you wouldnt see the sponsors and theres no way Bernie would allow that!

its not like they would be racing in a stone age cave. the circuits would be lit up! have you not see a football match at night?

are you guys really daft or just refuse to admit that bernie could so something right?

its not like they would be racing in a stone age cave. the circuits would be lit up! have you not see a football match at night?

are you guys really daft or just refuse to admit that bernie could so something right?

read what quoted before you go calling me daft.

changes the characteristics of the car, track makes it harder for the drivers, makes it more challenging!??? etc etc? why are wet races more fun to watch? doh!!

I have, been to many in fact, it's no more exciting than during the day! :lol:

Personally, I think it's just skating around the issue - if they just solved the problem instead of firefighting the symptoms, ideas like this wouldn't even be considered, or necessary, for that matter.

But in a football match night game, it is as lit up as in daylight, and seriously we don't want it to be as lit up as daylight coz the whole point of having a night race changes, i say have lights(headlights and minimal overhead lighting(like high light on turns and low lights on straights?

But in a football match night game, it is as lit up as in daylight, and seriously we don't want it to be as lit up as daylight coz the whole point of having a night race changes, i say have lights(headlights and minimal overhead lighting(like high light on turns and low lights on straights?

Well, that's what I was thinking, AJ, sort of defeats the purpose a bit if everywhere is all lit up, then the only real change would be that the cars are a little bit quicker due to being slighty cooler.