Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Spot The Difference

I have picked up the photo from google search and the topi from pitpass, guys let us try and spot the difference between the RBR and STR challengers for 2007. :eusa_think:

2007spotthedifferences0jw0.jpg

Box with Red X for me.

---

Sounds like it could be quite fun though.

EDIT: I see it now...

Um, there's like no difference at all, apart from the colours obviously.

Wow, way to go Adrian.

The RBR is going faster at the time the picture was taken, thats about it, thats or the photographer uses a slower shutter speed

I have picked up the photo from google search and the topi from pitpass, guys let us try and spot the difference between the RBR and STR challengers for 2007. :eusa_think:

There is a missing deflector on the STR (on the engine cover). See above "Red" on the RB3 and above "bridgestone" on the STR2.

Other than that they are identical cars. You all knew that right. But here is the interesting part. when the RB3 was launched, they were without those aero bits on the engine covers/radiator pods. But they showed up at the Barcelona test a few weeks after the launch. Similarly the STR2 has been launched without those bits, and I suspect they will show up at a later date. Which goes to show how much similar the working of the two teams are. The design is done by newey and Redbull have first access to it, then they trickle down to STR. I suspect this would be the norm for the rest of the developments all through the season....

I really dont like the fact that they're using the same car :angry:

i hope this isnt where F1 is going. STR dont deserve constructors points if they're not even going to design or build their own car.

i hope this isnt where F1 is going. STR dont deserve constructors points if they're not even going to design or build their own car.

Amen! :thbup:

Same with Super Best Friends, even though you can forgive them for using last years Honda....(if thats what they are doing)

i think if SA & STR were to use a customer chassis just for 1 year, to establish their team, but then design and build their own cars for the following season, then that would be okay. But what have STR had to do? Put a ferrari in the car, test it to make sure it actually works, what else? Surely Newey and RBR have had to do all the hard work!

Got IT!!!!

There is more grass in the RBR photo.......

Thats it.....Right?????????

Got IT!!!!

There is more grass in the RBR photo.......

Thats it.....Right?????????

Exactly my thoughts when i fist saw the picture and the sunlight too.. less sunlight in the STR pic

the thing that is great though is that Ferrari only delivers the engines, no electronics or hydrolics so they have to figure that out by themselves

I'll play, though I must admit I am at a handicap since both of these views are highly limited to one perspective.

Starting from the front:

1) The side winglets have slightly different profiles.

2) Barge board profiles are do not have the same profile. The sTR2 has a sharp corner on the top rear whilst the RB3 has a rounded to rear

corner.

3) The STR2 is missing the winglets aft of the chimneys.

4) The rear wing profiles are different, as are the extractor slits on sides of the rear wings. You can see the difference in rear wing profiles in this shot:

68619.jpg

Other than that, I am sure STR can show the actual measurements are different though they appear extremely similar. If templates were made of certain profiles of the RB3 and the same template held to the STR2, I'm sure they wouldn't fit quite so well as the eye would lead you to believe. There are probably many little minute details only the engineers would be able to tell you about because all the differences are under the skin. We're just looking at body work here. Did you really expect the two teams sharing the same coffer to turn out cars as as aesthetically/aerodynamically different as an MP4-22 from an F2007?

Other than that, I am sure STR can show the actual measurements are different though they appear extremely similar. If templates were made of certain profiles of the RB3 and the same template held to the STR2, I'm sure they wouldn't fit quite so well as the eye would lead you to believe. There are probably many little minute details only the engineers would be able to tell you about because all the differences are under the skin. We're just looking at body work here. Did you really expect the two teams sharing the same coffer to turn out cars as as aesthetically/aerodynamically different as an MP4-22 from an F2007?

Yes, because the rules say they have to. Even if STR use say the aerodynamic evolution 2 steps behind the RB3, its is still the same car.

Fully agree with you.

Well its the chassis they are not allowed to buy so aero can be the same but obviously not exactly the same if they have radically different chassis (which they wont), aero requirements because of the engine cooling, engine size, gearbox size, etc.

Different car's same design philosophy.