Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Jacques Has An Attack Of The Verbals.....

Former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve has launched a scathing attack on the attitude of Kimi Raikkonen and the ability of Giancarlo Fisichella.

Famed for his outspokenness, Villeneuve is in particularly feisty mood for his appraisal of the 2007 grid in the latest edition of F1 Racing Magazine. However, it's Villeneuve's denouncement of Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher's replacement at Ferrari, as "overrated as a driver package" that will capture the most attention.

According to the French/Canadian, Raikkonen isn't on a par with World Champion Fernando Alonso because of his slovenly work ethic. "Apart from jumping in a car and going fast, he really doesn't care about the rest," declares Jacques. "A complete driver will spend time with the engineers, setting up the team and pushing the team. He doesn't give a s**t, so he isn't up there with Alonso."

The deficiency is so damaging, claims Villeneuve, that both Jenson Button and Felipe Massa will offer Alonso a tougher fight for the World Championship. Villeneuve may have been critical of his former team-mates in the past but it is clear that both Massa and Button have since earned his respect.

"He's fast, strong and nothing disturbs him," Jacques says of the Honda man. "But he'll have to be in a position to take a shot at the championship if we're to see if he is as good as Alonso. That's highly probable, because he's at least as good as Kimi."

As for Massa, Villeneuve believes that he will emerge as Ferrari's lead driver in 2007.

"He's intelligent, talented quick. With the right equipment, he can be a title contender. Then we'll see if he's really a great, or just a good, driver. But he could be great.

"Massa will probably take over as team leader. He and Kimi will definitely challenge each other, but Felipe should finish ahead because of his work ethic."

To his evident sadness, Villeneuve is not so complimentary about Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella. "I want to be positive about Fisi because he's a nice guy...but he just doesn't cut it. He's done. Even if he beats Heikki [Kovalainen], I don't think he's got anywhere to go. He's there as a benchmark for Heikki, and then at the end of the season, or even halfway through, they'll put Nelson Piquet Jr in the car."

But there's no such reluctance on Villeneuve's behalf to disparage Robert Kubica, the driver who replaced him at BMW last season. With just the faintest trace of bitterness, Jacques notes: "Kubica is fast but made a mistake in every race last year. Any driver who makes a mistake in almost every race is driving too fast for themselves.

"And he's very hard on his machinery, and I don't think he'll be capable of changing his driving style enough to suit the harder Bridgestones. If he can be more gentle, then he could be up there. But it'll get really interesting from 2008 when he goes without traction control."

As we said, just the faintest trace of bitterness.

What Jacques Says About The Other Drivers

On Nick Heidfeld: "He's a team driver and a hard worker. Sometimes too hard. There comes a point where you just have to go to bed."

On Rubens Barrichello: "Rubens is better than he showed last year. He just couldn't adapt to the car, and every driver can have that."

On David Coulthard: "The way he speaks is amazing...He should be running a country or something."

On Lewis Hamilton: "A very nice character...He's quick but green."

On Jarno Trulli: "I think he's overly tense and wears himself out when he doesn't need to."

On Tonio Liuzzi: "Nothing special...I don't see how he can be perceived as a serious driver."

On Scott Speed: "He hasn't shown anything to justify his place in F1."

On Christijan Albers: "A nasty, dirty driver."

On recovering crashaholic Takuma Sato: "At Aguri, he's stopped doing stupid things, but only by driving slower."

Source: Planet F1.

Well, there's something for everyone there, isn't there?

Former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve has launched a scathing attack on the attitude of Kimi Raikkonen and the ability of Giancarlo Fisichella.

Famed for his outspokenness, Villeneuve is in particularly feisty mood for his appraisal of the 2007 grid in the latest edition of F1 Racing Magazine. However, it's Villeneuve's denouncement of Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher's replacement at Ferrari, as "overrated as a driver package" that will capture the most attention.

According to the French/Canadian, Raikkonen isn't on a par with World Champion Fernando Alonso because of his slovenly work ethic. "Apart from jumping in a car and going fast, he really doesn't care about the rest," declares Jacques. "A complete driver will spend time with the engineers, setting up the team and pushing the team. He doesn't give a s**t, so he isn't up there with Alonso."

The deficiency is so damaging, claims Villeneuve, that both Jenson Button and Felipe Massa will offer Alonso a tougher fight for the World Championship. Villeneuve may have been critical of his former team-mates in the past but it is clear that both Massa and Button have since earned his respect.

"He's fast, strong and nothing disturbs him," Jacques says of the Honda man. "But he'll have to be in a position to take a shot at the championship if we're to see if he is as good as Alonso. That's highly probable, because he's at least as good as Kimi."

As for Massa, Villeneuve believes that he will emerge as Ferrari's lead driver in 2007.

"He's intelligent, talented quick. With the right equipment, he can be a title contender. Then we'll see if he's really a great, or just a good, driver. But he could be great.

"Massa will probably take over as team leader. He and Kimi will definitely challenge each other, but Felipe should finish ahead because of his work ethic."

To his evident sadness, Villeneuve is not so complimentary about Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella. "I want to be positive about Fisi because he's a nice guy...but he just doesn't cut it. He's done. Even if he beats Heikki [Kovalainen], I don't think he's got anywhere to go. He's there as a benchmark for Heikki, and then at the end of the season, or even halfway through, they'll put Nelson Piquet Jr in the car."

But there's no such reluctance on Villeneuve's behalf to disparage Robert Kubica, the driver who replaced him at BMW last season. With just the faintest trace of bitterness, Jacques notes: "Kubica is fast but made a mistake in every race last year. Any driver who makes a mistake in almost every race is driving too fast for themselves.

"And he's very hard on his machinery, and I don't think he'll be capable of changing his driving style enough to suit the harder Bridgestones. If he can be more gentle, then he could be up there. But it'll get really interesting from 2008 when he goes without traction control."

As we said, just the faintest trace of bitterness.

What Jacques Says About The Other Drivers

On Nick Heidfeld: "He's a team driver and a hard worker. Sometimes too hard. There comes a point where you just have to go to bed."

On Rubens Barrichello: "Rubens is better than he showed last year. He just couldn't adapt to the car, and every driver can have that."

On David Coulthard: "The way he speaks is amazing...He should be running a country or something."

On Lewis Hamilton: "A very nice character...He's quick but green."

On Jarno Trulli: "I think he's overly tense and wears himself out when he doesn't need to."

On Tonio Liuzzi: "Nothing special...I don't see how he can be perceived as a serious driver."

On Scott Speed: "He hasn't shown anything to justify his place in F1."

On Christijan Albers: "A nasty, dirty driver."

On recovering crashaholic Takuma Sato: "At Aguri, he's stopped doing stupid things, but only by driving slower."

:clap3::clap3: Ah! that was a vintage JacquesAttack! His words about Coulthard were hilarious!!! :lol:

still missing you JV! Go get 'em at Le Mans!

Former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve has launched a scathing attack on .......

Personally I wouldn't call this an attack..... I actually agree with alot of his driver descriptions and predictions...

Yeah, the article headline is misleading, but it's a good read nonetheless.

JV reckons Button is at least as good as kimi, and probably as good as alonso!! I like that very much!!!

Loving his comments, I hope he makes more as the season progresses - in fact i'd love JV to join in the ITV commentary box for a race to make it a bit more interesting. I've never liked JV at all, but those quotes really entertained me, he really is speaking his mind.

Mind you what the hell does he mean by saying Hamilton is 'green'??? dont understand.

Hope Kimi doesnt read F1 Racing. Actually i take that back, i really hope kimi DOES read F1 Racing!!!! Funny stuff. Never thought i'd say it, but i actually agree with a lot of what he said, although I rate kimi very highly

must say i agree with most of what he says there - well maybe except for Kubica (i like him) - his bit about DC is hilarious

i also hope hes right about FM kicking KR

Fantastic post Russ! Hilarious. And yeah, Jem, JV would probably be the best commentator in the world. He might be exaggerating a bit about Kimi (and a few others) but there is obviously more than a grain of truth to it. The Finn is very talented but not committed enough - DC, admittedly JV's buddy, has said as much recently too.

Oook, I'll take this...

JV you ****ing ignorant idiot!!! I'm gonna hunt you down and kick your a##!!!

Give me back your badge from the balding guy's league! You are not worthy of wearing it!

As for the remaining drivers, as kup would put it:

+1 agree

well what we all have to remember is that in 2003 Kimi took the title fight all the way to the last race. He may be lazy when it comes to techincal input, but he's still a challenger every single weekend, even when the car is pants. To get the pace that he does out of the car, you have to have the car set up well, so logically, he must be pretty good at setting up his car!!

Jv's Comments - (and they are just that not an attack) are bang on accurate. insightful comments from someone who has grown up inside F1 from Day1 of his life. JV knows more about F1 than any of us armchair commentators! JV knows his stuff and does not sugar coat what he sees!

Having said that I would not be at all surprised to see Massa whipe the floor with Kimi. And as for the sausage boy (kubasa - polish sausage) I think he still has tons to do if he is to prove he is more than just MT's pet project...I have always liked Heidfeld though.

just my 2 pennies worth.

well what we all have to remember is that in 2003 Kimi took the title fight all the way to the last race. He may be lazy when it comes to techincal input, but he's still a challenger every single weekend, even when the car is pants. To get the pace that he does out of the car, you have to have the car set up well, so logically, he must be pretty good at setting up his car!!

Kimi may of taken the fight right up to the last race but that was only because McLaren kepted developing the car right through the season and im willing to bet that Coulthard, Wurz and Pedro did most of the development of the car.

Lol. He's only doing what we do on here, giving his opinion. Now I've officially gone into a state of shock because I've something nice to say about JV.

Still, those baggy clothes seem to be getting baggier. Must be the excess bulls##t spewing from his mouth.

HAD to say something not quite so nice. Sorry JVians.

quite a funny quotes by JV. this is the first people haven't alleged his comments very taken out of context. very interesting..

As i read the speed quote i agreed with him on total.

jk

very good in it!

Kimi may of taken the fight right up to the last race but that was only because McLaren kepted developing the car right through the season and im willing to bet that Coulthard, Wurz and Pedro did most of the development of the car.

too bad, they still couldnt drive as fast! :P

too bad, they still couldnt drive as fast! :P

Not true. What damaged Coulthard in 2003 was the one lap qualifying system as he wasnt good at it and as a result he always ended up alot futher back than he really should have been. If you look at his race pace he was still rather quick. It is because of Coulthard, Wurz and Pedro that Kimi was able to compete for the championship and without them Kimi wouldnt have even come close.

I'm sorry JV, but i don't remember you being the most dedicated driver out on track either.

and

I don't know, last time i checked the guy(s) who didn't sleep almost beat you in a car aerodynamically equivalent to a sculpted brick or were your teammates and did beat you.

and lastly

"Kubica is fast but made a mistake in every race last year. Any driver who makes a mistake in almost every race is driving too fast for themselves.

maybe you haven't noticed, he is in and your out so he had to do something you couldn't

Ahh on the most part though I agree with him. Nice to see someone who has worked with 90% of these guys place JB in the top 2

It is because of Coulthard, Wurz and Pedro that Kimi was able to compete for the championship and without them Kimi wouldnt have even come close.

you dont actually know that though do you? theres no evidence for it, you're just guessing

you dont actually know that though do you? theres no evidence for it, you're just guessing

Well i dont know for sure but what i do know is that many people have said that Kimi is terrible at developing a car as he simply isnt interested in it and it is also widely known that Coulthard and Wurz are rather good at developing the cars so i think my previous statement is probably accurate.

Well i dont know for sure but what i do know is that many people have said that Kimi is terrible at developing a car as he simply isnt interested in it and it is also widely known that Coulthard and Wurz are rather good at developing the cars so i think my previous statement is probably accurate.

That's not true. They are just rumours and myths spreaded in internet. All the people involved actually give Kimi credit for developing car, when asked straightly.

This is a new nonsense-thread, after 'lack of mechanical sympathy'

Luckily we don't have to wait very long to see how Alonso's mechanical sympathy has somehow disappeared... :lol: