Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Cricket World Cup - 2007

Anyone who underestimates Australia really doesnt know alot about cricket. I dont know how well Australia will play but they are definentely capable of winning the cup for the 3rd time in a row.

Anyone who underestimates Australia really doesnt know alot about cricket. I dont know how well Australia will play but they are definentely capable of winning the cup for the 3rd time in a row.

Doesn't seem like it, oi, oi, oi.............ouch!

Wise words ykick :D

The bookies are still not game enough to write off the Australians, we are paying $1.58 to beat NZ in the final game of the Chappell-Hadlee Series. NZ are at $2.25, keeping in mind that the Kiwi's are resting Shane Bond and Dan Vittori.

Australia has moved out a little in the WC betting now paying $2.75, with South Africa moving into $5.00 second favorites.

Interesting to read that the Australian cricket team was not all that keen to play in the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy. The team is just buggered and that I think is a major contributing factor into the current form of the side.

Doesn't seem like it, oi, oi, oi.............ouch!

Why do you bother posting in this thread when it is obvious that you know nothing about cricket.

Why do you bother posting in this thread when it is obvious that you know nothing about cricket.

4 losses in a row in any sport is not good, I'll comment any damn time I please, oi, oi, oi!

4 losses in a row in any sport is not good, I'll comment any damn time I please, oi, oi, oi!

SO. Over the past few games Australia has been missing some big names including our captain which is obviously affecting the teams performance. Its hard to win all the time when your only using your B team.

SO. Over the past few games Australia has been missing some big names including our captain which is obviously affecting the teams performance. Its hard to win all the time when your only using your B team.

And New Zealand were missing Vettori, Bond and Oram, so that goes into the list of lame excuses. As does Gilchrist's "We didn't want this tour" :P

Greatest Run Chases in One Day Cricket

438-9 (49.5 overs) South Africa v Australia Johannesburg 2005/06 :1st:

350-9(49.3 overs) New Zealand v Australia Hamilton 2006/07 :2nd:

340-5 (48.4 overs) New Zealand v Australia Auckland 2006/07 :3rd:

332-8 (49 overs) New Zealand v Australia Christchurch 2005/06 :harhar:

:rofl::rofl::roll::roll:

New Zealand beat Australia again with 3 balls remaining

New Zealand 9/350 def Australia 5/346

Might put some money on the Kiwis for the WC they're playing really well...

Aussie, what are their odds ?

I would be worried too at the moment but the fact of the matter is that nearly half the team is missing from the current lineup.

Ricky Ponting

Adam Gilchrist

Michael Clarke

Brett Lee

Andrew Symonds

These players wold all be in our first 11 and the fact of th matter is that these are some of our best players and we arnt the same team without them. I find it hard to imagine any team in international cricket would still perform at a high level if 5 of their starting 11 wernt avaliable to play.

New Zealand beat Australia again with 3 balls remaining

New Zealand 9/350 def Australia 5/346

Might put some money on the Kiwis for the WC they're playing really well...

Aussie, what are their odds ?

They should be serious contenders, they gave us a whipping in the first game in South Africa on homesoil during the last world cup and started a rut....

And New Zealand were missing Vettori, Bond and Oram, so that goes into the list of lame excuses. As does Gilchrist's "We didn't want this tour" :P

goodness gracious :blink:

I m eagerly waiting for the WC2007. As now Australia are not invincible...Fleming has rightly said that the world cup is open now. I am not looking much into Australia's recent defeats as it is bound to happen if you rest your key players and also your key bowlers are injured. I dont know what is the status of Brett lee's injury he is one player who can turn the table for australia (+ve and -ve also :D ). So to start with no one will be favorite to win the world cup this time every team has to play others on merit and earn the world cup.

Gilly's absolutely right, we don't need the Chappell-Hadlee series every year just because some money hungry idiotic administrators need the series. what were Cricket Australia thinking about!,after a long summer of cricket they added up this stinkin series and burned'em all out. OMG we don't even have 20 proper days to refresh and regroup....... :unsure: ...Idiots,pure idiots..........I hate you cricket Australia....Also if they don't cut short the commonwealth bank series from next year onwards they're gonna have a real problem... as for NZ beating us ,your only true measure of character shows when you play a full strong team...when they played in the CW bank series they couldn't even beat us once.....as for england beating us it was a mixture of tiredness and bad-luck.

For the world-cup it all depends on how fresh,fit and how short the injury list becomes...

I'd suggest that the guys oughta relax.......maybe surf a little,go fishing...etc for a week then regroup at our excellent Centre of Excellence in Brisbane with the future coach... get Lillee from India and unleash him& Jeff Thomson on our pace battery,work on them......Get steve waugh for some psychological bashing.....make'em remember that they are Australians,the best in the world.........stay ice cool....get deano to tell them to smash around the park! Ian chappell telling them to field,field,field as if every match was the final.....

GO AUSSIE GO!

watchout for the sharks Ferrari!!!!

I support every SA team except the Bulls!!!!!

yes the Sharks are good , good for you on the BULLS

Gilly's absolutely right, we don't need the Chappell-Hadlee series every year just because some money hungry idiotic administrators need the series. what were Cricket Australia thinking about!,after a long summer of cricket they added up this stinkin series and burned'em all out. OMG we don't even have 20 proper days to refresh and regroup....... :unsure: ...Idiots,pure idiots..........I hate you cricket Australia....Also if they don't cut short the commonwealth bank series from next year onwards they're gonna have a real problem... as for NZ beating us ,your only true measure of character shows when you play a full strong team...when they played in the CW bank series they couldn't even beat us once.....as for england beating us it was a mixture of tiredness and bad-luck.

For the world-cup it all depends on how fresh,fit and how short the injury list becomes...

I'd suggest that the guys oughta relax.......maybe surf a little,go fishing...etc for a week then regroup at our excellent Centre of Excellence in Brisbane with the future coach... get Lillee from India and unleash him& Jeff Thomson on our pace battery,work on them......Get steve waugh for some psychological bashing.....make'em remember that they are Australians,the best in the world.........stay ice cool....get deano to tell them to smash around the park! Ian chappell telling them to field,field,field as if every match was the final.....

GO AUSSIE GO!

Are from australia then?

for people who do not know cricket like PD, these pics will look like first they dance on field(like apna shreesanth) and are all gay.

This is the first time since 1997 where Australia lost all the matches in a bilateral series.

I hope you all enjoy this while you can, because only a complete fool would write off Australia. It's awfully hard to be brilliant all of the time you know. But then come to think of it the crickets sides that you all support that have never really been brilliant at all in the first place for the last 15 or so years so you really would not know, would you.

Lap it up while you can, because deep down inside you know that the time you have to bash Australia will be very short lived my friends.

:cheers: Here's to Australia winning yet another World Cup, Cheers :D