Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

The Offical Game Thread

Time for a revival of this thread.

F1 2009 to come out on Wii and PSP. F1 2010 to be out on PC, PS3 and 360. Can't wait for it... Though a bit disapointed with no f1 on pc in 09 :(

[b]Codemasters reveal next generation of official F1 games [/b]

A new generation of Formula One video games featuring all the drivers, teams and circuits from the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship was announced on Friday by Codemasters, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited.

The first title in the series, F1 2009

Hope it is good.

According to the pics on f1.com, the PSP and Wii graphics look worse than EA's 2001 graphics on pc. I truely hope they improve it for pc in 10...

Codemasters - they make good racing games, I think. At least Toca 3 was a good game. If they do it like that but with F1 cars, then should be good.

Wait for it to come out on PC is the, obvious, answer. Wii/PSP version isn't by Codemasters, it's outsourced and looks fairly poor graphically, and you know it's not going to play as well as the PS3/360/PC version to follow.

I'm looking forward to Prototype. And Resident Evil 5 isn't all that. I found it quite disappointing. The element of horror has gone.

Anybody know if there is meant to be a Devil May Cry 5, or the release date of Kingdom Hearts 3?

Can't believe that we've had to wait over three years for a proper F1 game. And still nothing for next-gen.

I went back to F1 97 recently. You can change the names of all the drivers so i've updated them so now Michael and Irvine are now Raikkonen and Massa etc.

Graphics almost hurt your eyes but i'm having fun with it.

rFactor kicked the bucket officially. I had this insane virus that we reasoned could only have come from downloading carsets/tracks to rFactor (there's no official site to do it from, and no other way to get any type of anything on your computer), and the insane virus started raping all my programs, leading to a super happy fun three hours of fixing the computer and another hour of reinstalling things. However, that reinstallation did not include rFactor, because I have no way of getting the mods back without my computer exploding again.

So now I need a racing game. For PS2 or PC. Cuz that's all I have. I really only have old, old, old PS1 NASCAR games and MotoGP 08. Recommend me one that's good and stuff. Though I'm really only playing NHL 09 and FIFA 09 these days. Yay real sports. Is F1 Challenge 99-02 or whatever it's called on PS2 (F1 Career Challenge maybe?) any good? I'd assume if it's EA Sports it's not particularly grand.

Does anyone know if F1 2010 is coming out on PS2, and if it's coming to the US? I'd assume it will since Codemasters sold an IndyCar game here and more people in the US watch F1 than IndyCar (does anyone anywhere in the world watch IndyCar? I'd hope not), so it could be concluded this game will sell better.

Also, will GT5 be coming out for PS2? Other than the NASCAR COTsies it looks pretty good. Has there been an official car list released and not that 10,000+ car wishlist some kid posted on a forum and everyone believed to be real?

Stupid laptop still does'nt play games :( ! Bored of PS3 games & playin old racing PS2 games, mainly NFS Most Wanted!

rFactor kicked the bucket officially. I had this insane virus that we reasoned could only have come from downloading carsets/tracks to rFactor (there's no official site to do it from, and no other way to get any type of anything on your computer), and the insane virus started raping all my programs, leading to a super happy fun three hours of fixing the computer and another hour of reinstalling things. However, that reinstallation did not include rFactor, because I have no way of getting the mods back without my computer exploding again.

So now I need a racing game. For PS2 or PC. Cuz that's all I have. I really only have old, old, old PS1 NASCAR games and MotoGP 08. Recommend me one that's good and stuff. Though I'm really only playing NHL 09 and FIFA 09 these days. Yay real sports. Is F1 Challenge 99-02 or whatever it's called on PS2 (F1 Career Challenge maybe?) any good? I'd assume if it's EA Sports it's not particularly grand.

Does anyone know if F1 2010 is coming out on PS2, and if it's coming to the US? I'd assume it will since Codemasters sold an IndyCar game here and more people in the US watch F1 than IndyCar (does anyone anywhere in the world watch IndyCar? I'd hope not), so it could be concluded this game will sell better.

Also, will GT5 be coming out for PS2? Other than the NASCAR COTsies it looks pretty good. Has there been an official car list released and not that 10,000+ car wishlist some kid posted on a forum and everyone believed to be real?

I was lost in the world of F1 games drought. Just like you I walked through the valley of shadows, but then I saw the light.

All hail Batracer, blessed be thy name!

By the way, every now and then I play Grid. As arcadeish as it gets, but sheer fun.

Completed F.E.A.R. Simply awesome game. Action-horror FPS games don't get better than this. I lost count of the number of times I was scared Sh#tless & shivering. For best effects, play in a darkened room, all alone. And yeah, a good graphics card to ensure that all the visual effects are juiced up to the max.

On the other end of the spectrum, I recall having played a bit of this weirded-out Japanese game 'Rapelay' , about a year or so back. No prizes for guessing what this game is. Truly abysmal game, the fun wears off after 5 mins. That was a complete waste of bandwidth.

I'm loving InFamous, and still kicking it on Burnout. I achieved world number 1 last week after a truly epic race only for a glitch in my online race set me back to 8th. Oh well, did it once I will do it again! 24 hour game sessions on a weekend. So much fun as multiplayer. I wouldn't mind buying a Wii for F.E.A.R though.

FEAR: great game for a FPS. Scared me Sh#tless more than once (I use to play alone and in a darkened room). I get bored of FPS fairly easily so I never made it through to the end, but it has to be one of the scariest games I've ever played (the other few I can recall were commodore 64 games...)

Oblivion: as with Fallout 3, mixed emotions. Graphics and sense of being in a huge, living land are imposing. The fun factor per se...I don't know. Engaging, epic stories but open ended games tend to overwhelm me. Mostly due to the fact that eventually there are very limited combinations that ensure a reasonable probability of making it through the end of them. Pick the wrong order of quests/wrong combinations of skills and suddenly the difficulty will ramp up so much that it's not worth it for a casual gamer like me. Too much wandering around with nothing to do, as well. I'd rather play Action RPGs a la Diablo, Titan's Quest or Sacred. More linear, lots of variants, simple levelling system and you don't have to give it too much of a thought. Just go ahead and kill whatever crosses in your way, pick lots of cool items and try weird characters.

Dirt2: still not on PC. Been testing NFS Shift, though. Seems like another variant of Grid. Very fun so far, nonetheless (I picked up a Renault Megane...not a good choice...but hey, it's a Renault) :P

2 more great games which I played long back are:

Chronicles of Ridd#ck: Escape from Butcher Bay

Manhunt

Both are pretty violent & do a good job of killing time.

And, surprise, I do have a non-violent suggestion as well: Portal. (sorry if I have already suggested this elsewhere in this thread). It's one hell of a puzzle-solving game. And it's all in first person!

@Andres: What graphics card do you have? I guess it's a 512 mb card at least?

Portal is amazing. Great game, at least for one where you can't shoot anything.

The only true game is Unreal Tournament 3 on PC. Beware of playing it, it will steal many hours of your life.

2 more great games which I played long back are:

Chronicles of Ridd#ck: Escape from Butcher Bay

Manhunt

Both are pretty violent & do a good job of killing time.

And, surprise, I do have a non-violent suggestion as well: Portal. (sorry if I have already suggested this elsewhere in this thread). It's one hell of a puzzle-solving game. And it's all in first person!

@Andres: What graphics card do you have? I guess it's a 512 mb card at least?

An ATI Sapphire HD 4890 with 1GB. For the first time I put some money ina better GC and not so much to get the best CPU. I went for an AMD Phenom quad core instead of an i7. It gaveme so far the most satisfying results for a computer buy. Usually had the best processor but could never get most of it for buying inferior graphics cards. This is a nice, balanced rig i got myself here. Can finally enjoy some gorgeous graphics from some games (FSX, most notably)

I also discovered that, no matter how gorgeous games look, I still find Diablo 2 more entertating than any of the others, even if it looks like crap by today's standards

An ATI Sapphire HD 4890 with 1GB. For the first time I put some money ina better GC and not so much to get the best CPU. I went for an AMD Phenom quad core instead of an i7. It gaveme so far the most satisfying results for a computer buy. Usually had the best processor but could never get most of it for buying inferior graphics cards. This is a nice, balanced rig i got myself here. Can finally enjoy some gorgeous graphics from some games (FSX, most notably)

I also discovered that, no matter how gorgeous games look, I still find Diablo 2 more entertating than any of the others, even if it looks like crap by today's standards

Wow, I think your PC's able to play pretty much every game out there. To give your GC a high point in its existence, play Crysis. A game that combines eye candy, good story & action.