Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

The Offical Game Thread

Will Sony put me out of my misery and ever release Gran Turismo 5 for the PS3? I'm tolerating Need For Speed Shift but if I get one more arcade style drift with no proper lift-off oversteer, I'm going to Elvis my TV.

Ditto.

Bought Darksiders today. Awesome graphics. Beautiful gameplay. Highly addictive.

After 4 years waiting, I have Final Fantasy XIII. And let me tell you, it was worth the wait.

The opening sequence blew me away. Completely. The gameplay itself, characters, interaction, story. Fantastic. I've only been playing it for 2 hours but I kid you not. This so far is the BEST game I have ever played.

I have the full collection of Final Fantasy. And this just makes it a class apart from any other game made. The amount of hours I will spend on this... frightening but oh so addictive and absolutely awesome.

One happy girl gamer here.

Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

:lol:

Time doesn't exist in Clark-land. Not at the moment anyway. Long story. Haven't got the time. ;):lol:

Okay, after seeing F1 2010 today and the screenshots that has been revealed I am firmly say this. I'm excited! Shame it comes out in September though!

Battlefield Bad Company 2=great game!

Single player is awesome, not as funny as BC1 but the action was better! Multiplayer is good too but nowhere near as good as MW2! I'll give it an A-!

Playing 'Rainbow Six Vegas'. No, it's not a game about six gay bug-chasers staking their lives in Sin City. It's about offing terrorists who plan to take over the world. A pretty original plot, agreed.

About the gameplay, well, you make your teammates flash their moobs at the terrorists. While the mofos are distracted, you flank around, get behind 'em, stick your gun up their arses, and blow their innards out. Repeat this sequence about 10000 times. Still hella fun.

Red Dead Redemption on Friday and I can't ****ing wait!

Okay, after seeing F1 2010 today and the screenshots that has been revealed I am firmly say this. I'm excited! Shame it comes out in September though!

It does look awesome! Why they are making us wait so long is beyond me. Why not make it for the start of this season not towards the end. After the winter some of the drivers will be in different teams so after a couple of months the game will be outdated. You don't get football games coming out towards the end of the season rolleyes.gif Besides I want to emulate Chandok winning the title this year..and that won't be realistic in September when it's impossible for him to catch up! :laughing:

It does look awesome! Why they are making us wait so long is beyond me.

Pfft! You think CM are delaying it by a long time, nothing compared to what Sony are making us wait for GT5!

Will play 'Necrovision' soon. WW2 meets zombies. 'nuff said.

So it's basically COD W@W Nazi Zombie mode, only it's a full game??

Well, that & a lot of over-the-top action. Like flying atop a fire-breathing dragon, for instance. And commanding it to fry the undead fuckers below. Do see a few videos on youtube. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how a shop-worn genre like WW has been given a new spin.

And my bad, it's WW1.

I love Nazi Zombie mode. Those dogs are freaky as hell!

Black Ops is out soon too. Think its based in Vietnam. Gonna be awesome.

Yayyyyyyy! Going through my first race weekend at Bahrein on my F1 2010. Got myself a shiny ultrafast Lotus car (And I'm getting paid 500,000 dollars!!! I wil have to check my Skype Banking account soon!) I managed to outqualify Trulli, started from P12, drove through the field in a blink up to P19 :unsure: , then clawed back to P16. In the middle i decided to teach that pesky Hulkenberg a lesson for interrupting me in the middle of my controlled spin.

I am currently behind Kobayashi who refuses to acknowledge that I am faster than him even though I said the magic words "this is ridiculous" three times (I guess that is something that should be worked in some upcoming patch for the game). All this in a slow day. :D

What can I say? I am obviously using the easiest setting with all assists on (I wanted to feel the rush of come driving even if very arcadeish rather than spend the whole night trying not to spin my car right at the exit of the pitlane). It looks gorgeous and even at the dumber setting you can feel the car losing some control when close to another car's tail. And...have I said it looks GORGEOUS???

So, this is my bye bye to the forums. Now that I have F1 2010, I can finally say that I have a life outside the forums. See you later, suckers! Hahahaha...ermmm... :eusa_think:

Almost here. I just read the review in opm and its going to be ****ing awesome.

Danny. Add this one T-O-R-R-E-S on the other id i was getting too much hassle off blokes. Shame that some idiots can't accept a girl gamer and not try to crack onto her or belittle or at times try and send photographs of their tiny d#cks through.

Almost here. I just read the review in opm and its going to be ****ing awesome.

Danny. Add this one T-O-R-R-E-S on the other id i was getting too much hassle off blokes. Shame that some idiots can't accept a girl gamer and not try to crack onto her or belittle or at times try and send photographs of their tiny d#cks through.

Hey, it was a cold night. Geez, some people are so critical.

Why did this thread ever die? Maybe people weren't as bored as I am now to go searching for random old threads.

Oddly enough, now I find myself here, all I wanted to say is that I've for the most part fell out of love with video games. I always thought that would never happen, that it was a misconception of my parents (and large numbers of their generation) to say "stop playing games, grow up", as if a medium of entertainment was something you grew out of. How that used to annoy me. How absurd would it be to say "grow up and stop watching films" or similar for TV, or books? I thought it was because they just didn't value games as a medium or as something which anybody could be interested in, regardless of age, and they didn't realise that the best games could have more complexity and scope than a lot of films, TV, and yes, even books.

Actually, I still think all of that. I think the real reason I've stopped playing video games is not because it doesn't have value as a medium (at least comparable value to watching most TV shows, films or run of the mill novels, for example) but because of the direction it's all going. Looking at game length, for example, I understand the commercial benefit in all of these "ladder" systems where you have to play for 4000 hours before you can advance to a slightly better level of footwear or a 2% better camouflage, but it really doesn't do much for my satisfaction to have to do that. I have an actual life to live. Skyrim, the last game I bought, was the most unbelievable experience when I first ventured out into its world. Total freedom. But after 50-60 hours I can't believe that people don't find it an absolute chore, because it's just impossible to ignore that levelling system making you feel unfulfilled. Call of Duty has the same problem, except worse still, the levelling system actually affects your experience of the game! CoD is a series that, instead of rewarding skill, just rewards people willing to put 100's of hours of play into it and pay for the downloadable content (another unwelcome development).

I think the second reason is the storyline. Or lack of. The sooner the games industry at large realises a good team of writers is the best way of improving a game, the better off they'll be, instead of masturbating over squeezing another pixel onto the screen. At least Skyrim had this going for it. About a month ago I replayed Quake 2 (released 1997): it is such a masterpiece. It's short, it has a great soundtrack, it does exactly what it says on the tin. The graphics never bothered me. There isn't much of a storyline, but it doesn't pretend that there is, either. When you play a modern shooting game, it's like watching a really average but incredibly pretentious film, that thinks it's so much better than it is, using over-processed cutscenes to string out a story that isn't really there. Let's be honest: I just want to shoot some generic terrorists/aliens/innocent bystanders. Quake 2 knew that, and respected it. The Metal Gear Solid series was a fine example of a game which had an actual story, okay it was batSh#t crazy, but my God it was an interesting journey, even with all those cutscenes.

I suppose my conclusion is that like most forms of entertainment, games only work when they can trick you into believing they are not a complete waste of time. They can't do that when they take years to conquer and hours to draw satisfaction from. Instead, nowadays, you are just left with a terrible sense of guilt that you could have learnt how to play a musical instrument, taught yourself a language or otherwise been more productive.

Edit: I'm sorry everyone, I don't have a blog and I refuse to start now tongue.png

Why did this thread ever die? Maybe people weren't as bored as I am now to go searching for random old threads

In case you get bored again...

http://pica-pic.com/#

There weren't Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc. when I was a child, you know? Not even Game Boy.

P.S.- Fortunately we had the best arcade cabinets ever made.

http://www.1980-games.com/

I played some time ago and know it doesn't work properly. :(

@George:

I'm not a gamer, or ever will be, so that's basically why I liked your post. It will allow me to rant about videogames in the future :P

But I thought of something here. Take films, I don't usually watch them because I can't sit down long enough and pay attention (or that's what I say at least). But even if I feel that many new films are commercial and the 3D only wants to confuse me and trick me into thinking that something sh*te was worth it, I will always be able to find a good film somewhere. Cinema is beautiful because many people use it as a means for expression. There is an abyss between the latest Spiderman "cooler than ever" and an amateur short story and that abyss is filled with everything in between.

It seems to me that the videogame world is much more commercial right now, although some people/small ventures are breaking through with fan support (donations towards the completion of the game). And it is not so weird, because to shoot a film you only need a camera and your intuition, whereas for a videogame you would actually need programming skills. But the world is full of programmers! Maybe they only need a push?

Last, but not least, if someone knows more than me and finds this post ridiculous... the monkey made me do it!