Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Massa: Ferrari Doing Just Fine Without Schu

Felipe Massa has denied claims that Ferrari are feeling the loss of Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn as they prepare for the start of the 2007 F1 season.

With the new season only a month away, Ferrari are currently hard at work testing with Massa clocking the fastest lap time during this past week's Barcelona test programme.

However, there are some who feel Ferrari are missing Schumacher and Brawn's influence, something that Massa vehemently denies.

"There are some differences in the team this year, because we have no Michael and no Ross," the twice grand prix winner told his website.

"For the moment, I cannot say it has made any difference to the way things are going, because I am working mainly with the test team and they are exactly the same as before, so the working environment is very stable.

"For sure, we will need to get used to working with some new people coming into the team and we will have to adapt, but for now all is going smoothly.

"I have the same race engineer as before, Rob Smedley: we get on very well, he is very talented at his job, so I would not change him for any price!"

As for his new team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, Massa says: "Kimi has a different character and personality to Michael.

"He does not talk very much and keeps himself to himself. He appears to be very fair and he does not seem to be the type of guy who plays the political game.

"He is good to work with and I am sure I won't have any problem with him. The important thing is that he works for the team so that we both have the best car possible."

We will soon know if Massa analysis is correct :eusa_think:

I think it is just talk , they must feeling the loss of Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn , this is still testing time whait untill race time , then we will know and see. I hope that everything is going to be ok :thbup: , Michael Schumacher and Ross Brawn leave a big space :excl: in the Ferrari team. :eusa_think:

I think Massa would have a pretty good idea but I suppose he wasn't there for that long and he could be putting a bit of a spin on it all. And yes, I think we'll really see come race time.

I think Massa would have a pretty good idea but I suppose he wasn't there for that long and he could be putting a bit of a spin on it all. And yes, I think we'll really see come race time.

Renault didn't need Micheal to win the wdc crowns, why should Micheal stick there forever?

Renault didn't need Micheal to win the wdc crowns,

No, but they had a ten year drought without him....

I'll reserve judgment, the technical problems and lack of pace has been worrying.

what lack of pace, a Ferrari has been within .2 secs of the leader in every testing session and have set overall fastest time at both Jerez and Valencia. And what technical problems, only two things have happened, and so far every team has had at least two or three problems with the car

To avoid endless debates on where Ferrari is standing now: no matter how you look at them, they certainly don't look as strong as in MS/Brawn days. That's only natural, after all, no matter how you rationalize that feeling.

No, but they had a ten year drought without him....

Times have changed now. People at Maranello should just belive in themselves and do the job they have been doing. Atleast they have Todd left!

what lack of pace, a Ferrari has been within .2 secs of the leader in every testing session and have set overall fastest time at both Jerez and Valencia. And what technical problems, only two things have happened, and so far every team has had at least two or three problems with the car

YOU GO BOY THIS IS TRUE :clap3:

people are exaggerating here a bit I think - we won't really know how much of an effect Brawn & Schuey's departure has until the end of the 2007 season. Ferrari's performance in testing so far really doesnt mean much.

and if i remember correctly, ferrari didnt exactly set the world alight in the 05/06 winter testing!

Well this is all speculations and build up for Start of the season. When the season will start all this will be forgotten and ppl will start worshiping new icons.

Renault didn't need Micheal to win the wdc crowns, why should Micheal stick there forever?

good answer...

but i do think that Ferrari will miss Ross Brawn more than MS.