Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

narain fan

Ctrl300????

who/what?

A singer. One of his greatests success was "I am the Leader of the Gang", guess you have heard it?

He was also imprisoned for being a pedophile, iirc.

A singer. One of his greatests success was "I am the Leader of the Gang", guess you have heard it?

He was also imprisoned for being a pedophile, iirc.

You wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang

You wanna be in my gang, oh yeah

With hindsight, being in the same gang as Gary maybe isn't the best idea...... :lol:

Come on, come on. Come on, come on. Come on, come on, come on.

Gary Glitter is a famous paedophile my friend! You know, enjoys the company of children.... Very nice man tho', by all accounts.

Gary Glitter is a famous paedophile my friend! You know, enjoys the company of children.... Very nice man tho', by all accounts.

Ohh ok. I guess i a sorry for not knowing it but i dont really cncentrate on the news about pedophle etc.

There is still an unresolved issue about a person who still is and two persons who really shouldn't be where they are. I am not letting it go.

You dream of the day we leave the forum dont you???

so sorry...so sorry...wont happen...

and by the way...this is the last thread I even bother to read with cavallino in it...you are banned...of my list.

have a nice day.

I think you need to stop thinking about Ctrl300 when you're playing with your willy....

as for Funkejay, I think he should backtrack and find out why Ctrl300 was banned...

Then you don't understand my position. As I have said so many times before - my view is that censorship is never justified, under any circumstances. So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what Ctrl300 said on this forum.

The site owner does not want an unmoderated forum, and he overstepped every possible rule, repeatedly. The question that needs to be asked is why the moderators erfused to take any action for almost two weeks, and banned a member for bringing up the issue.

Cav, as long as you recognize the validity of moderation on this or any other forum, you will have inequity in the application of such moderation. Mods are only people, and therefore they cannot divorce themselves from their own subjective biases and prejudices in discharging their "duties". As a result, you will see arbitrary and inconsistent treatment as a general rule.

In short, you cannot expect fairness for yourself if you accept the legitimacy of censorship in any form.

Sorry, but you made it difficult to understand by posting your idea of "no permanent bans" which i think was profusely discusing in some previous threads, and associating it with Ctrl300. Were you expecting an avalanche of sympathy for your cause?

First, convince us that the "no permanent bans" principle should be applied. Afterwards, you will be able to discuss Ctrl300's case in particular and maybe we will support your idea of bringing Hermy back (wouldn't count on my vote, though)

I've tried to do that countless times. Believe me, it will not work - you are a closed minded lot.

Ctrl 300 was banned for good reasons and the majority of forum voted against him in the poll after looking at the threads cav showed and generally ctrl behavior was getting out of hand. he was purposly going about being rascist to almost everyone.

Ben's example is not comparable as Ben probably did it by mistake and did not keep trying to post pictures even after being banned for a week.

The forum has become better with his absence.

And if you still believe he should be back, i don't think you can agree with death penealty or life imprisionment? because you would allow every criminal to go scott free after robbing someone, being caught(does not apologize though) let loose after a week(or year in criminal case) and keep letting him do that. You have to stop people. What about serial killers? What about people who just today bombed the "friendship" train. should they also be given a light punishment and let back into the society? what about suicide bombers???

If you believe that censorship is legitimized by a mere majority vote, I thank whatever hand of fate has ensured I do not live in a world where you are empowered to make such decisions.

If bans are being handed out so frequently and lightly around here that even Ben was banned for a week, then any legitimacy that this forum once had is now forever lost.

Speaking one's mind is not a crime. Your analogy stretches credibility to the breaking point.

:rolleyes: I hope you didn't mean to quote Abe Lincoln in defense of Hermy!!

Ok, as this will go on and on and on, I suggest you a shortcut. Get enough supporters for your idea and then we might consider it seriously. As long as you are the only one who misses the guy, it is hard to consider this really an issue. You are as lonely as I am about the "forum ladies should wear silver catsuits" issue. Shall we make a poll to see who supports your idea and who supports mine? :naughty:

Yet another example of this notion that the majority have a legitimate right to silence the views of the minority. This is no forum in any meaningful sense of the word.

To think that Ctrl300 was banned because he was "unpopular" is a little far from the truth. So far, in fact, that you would need the Hubble Telescope to see the truth from that distance.

"I may disapprove of what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it" (Abraham Lincoln)

This, of course, cannot be applied to apology of crimes, which is a crime itself. And that's exactly what Ctrl300 did. Anyways, as I have no idea of what exactly you are aiming at, I'd rather stay clear of this thread and let you post without further interferences.

You may visit me at my "Forum Ladies should wear silver catsuits" thread, if you want to :lol:

Actually Andres, it isn't far from the truth at all. As you posted above, you've implied that his ban was valid becuase you have the weight of popular opinion behind it.

Whatever Ctrl300 did, it wasn't a crime. He used offensive and profane language - and while it may be of limited effectiveness - it is nevertheless the form in which he chose to express himself. All expressions of one's thoughts are inherently legitimate, and it is not for you, nor anyone else for that matter, to act as the arbiter of ideas.

Cav! I've totally respected your claims as well as supported your arguements. The holier than moderators are never going to answer your questions, nor are they going to give you any kind of satisfaction, so it's kind of like kicking a dead horse. There are many of us that you have seen through other forums that support you. It's the best you're going to get my friend. It's your victory not theirs! :victory:

I agree wholeheartedly. I fear that the heavy hand of the mods on this forum has destroyed the spirit of what this place once was.

I've been stopping by only periodically lately, and at first I did not appreciate how far down the slope we've slid. But now I realize the extent to which the use of bans and censorship has taken the place of tolerance and good sense, and it is now so commonplace that I've no interest in participating in this forum any more.

To paraphrase the famous quote - you get the forum you deserve.

Then you don't understand my position. As I have said so many times before - my view is that censorship is never justified, under any circumstances. So as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what Ctrl300 said on this forum.

Cav, as long as you recognize the validity of moderation on this or any other forum, you will have inequity in the application of such moderation. Mods are only people, and therefore they cannot divorce themselves from their own subjective biases and prejudices in discharging their "duties". As a result, you will see arbitrary and inconsistent treatment as a general rule.

In short, you cannot expect fairness for yourself if you accept the legitimacy of censorship in any form.

I've tried to do that countless times. Believe me, it will not work - you are a closed minded lot.

If you believe that censorship is legitimized by a mere majority vote, I thank whatever hand of fate has ensured I do not live in a world where you are empowered to make such decisions.

If bans are being handed out so frequently and lightly around here that even Ben was banned for a week, then any legitimacy that this forum once had is now forever lost.

Speaking one's mind is not a crime. Your analogy stretches credibility to the breaking point.

Yet another example of this notion that the majority have a legitimate right to silence the views of the minority. This is no forum in any meaningful sense of the word.

Actually Andres, it isn't far from the truth at all. As you posted above, you've implied that his ban was valid becuase you have the weight of popular opinion behind it.

Whatever Ctrl300 did, it wasn't a crime. He used offensive and profane language - and while it may be of limited effectiveness - it is nevertheless the form in which he chose to express himself. All expressions of one's thoughts are inherently legitimate, and it is not for you, nor anyone else for that matter, to act as the arbiter of ideas.

I agree wholeheartedly. I fear that the heavy hand of the mods on this forum has destroyed the spirit of what this place once was.

I've been stopping by only periodically lately, and at first I did not appreciate how far down the slope we've slid. But now I realize the extent to which the use of bans and censorship has taken the place of tolerance and good sense, and it is now so commonplace that I've no interest in participating in this forum any more.

Oh we are so heavy handed, Jay with all due respect you are full of $hit...............

Stop being a lawyer, and become a human being, pontification doesn't belong on an F1 forum.............

On the contary, popular vote/majority has to rule, take any real life situation, majority 99% of the time wins, USA(no offense just citinng an egample) went to war on iraq. I am sure there were minority political parties who did not want the war, but since Bush controlled the majority(who were electted by the citizens of USA), they went to war, the consequences is whatever, but the fact is in this world majority decides.

However the main point you have to answer is he violated the terms and conditions of the website (the thingy which we ussually just click accept and move along.) Please read that and if he violates it(personal remarks/ rascist comments) he can and should be chucked by the moderators(repeat offenses obviously) . and with majority vote they chucked him out.

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

So by accpeting it, he has agreed not to make defamatory, abusive, vulgarm hateful, harassing comments. which as pumpdoc said earlier he was given a afair chance of enough warnings but he kept coming back and made more of the same remarks. Even in court your case does not old much weight, (mainly due to the ToS)

No you don't :naughty:

Sorry, check the other thread to unerstand this joke. As you can see everybody is having the time of their lives, despite "the heavy hand of the mods".

Deleted at least 3 replies to your post, each one longer than the other but I am having a bad day at work and I don't want to spill my bitterness on you. Just let it go and enjoy the good people that conforms this forum.

The only time i see Jay participating is when he sets himself up as judge and jury to endlessly quote other members and place himself on some sort of moral high ground. It's boring. It's also worrying; I can't imagine being that pent up. It's certainly not welcome on a light hearted internet forum.

I guess he's waiting for the pleas of 'oh no, don't go, please stay'. They won't come from me.

The only time i see Jay participating is when he sets himself up as judge and jury to endlessly quote other members and place himself on some sort of moral high ground. It's boring. It's also worrying; I can't imagine being that pent up. It's certainly not welcome on a light hearted internet forum.

I guess he's waiting for the pleas of 'oh no, don't go, please stay'. They won't come from me.

All lawyers, and judges have taken a step back after the Anna N. Smith debacle, the bar at it's worst :mf_tongue:

(my son-n-law is a lawyer and even he's embarassed about above)

I like to stick to the idea that I say to others, only what I wouldn't mind being said to myself in the circumstance.

I do however find it funny that funkejay says:

"All expressions of one's thoughts are inherently legitimate, and it is not for you, nor anyone else for that matter, to act as the arbiter of ideas."

Yet, funkejay continues to pick others up and say what they believe is wrong.

You know this forum runs pretty smooth most times, out of all the members there are probably less than a handful that need watching over, and really only another handfull that shout fire at any little thing. Remarkable.

I like to stick to the idea that I say to others, only what I wouldn't mind being said to myself in the circumstance.

I do however find it funny that funkejay says:

"All expressions of one's thoughts are inherently legitimate, and it is not for you, nor anyone else for that matter, to act as the arbiter of ideas."

Yet, funkejay continues to pick others up and say what they believe is wrong.

Good point :eusa_think:

You know this forum runs pretty smooth most times, out of all the members there are probably less than a handful that need watching over, and really only another handfull that shout fire at any little thing. Remarkable.

Yeah ,yeah. I know you want to lay your heavy hand on us commie b#####ds! You gun loving, fascist, pollution supporter, Republican pig!

:laughing:

Take me to Guantanamo! We shall not be moved! The Dalai Lama will protect us!

Edit: I forgot to add you called Tatcher a lady! Yet...you still have Anastasia on your side while all we have is Fidel Castro (but you can't deny their cigars are worth a hundred revolutions!)

Yeah ,yeah. I know you want to lay your heavy hand on us commie b#####ds! You gun loving, fascist, pollution supporter, Republican pig!

:laughing:

Take me to Guantanamo! We shall not be moved! The Dalai Lama will protect us!

Edit: I forgot to add you called Tatcher a lady! Yet...you still have Anastasia on your side while all we have is Fidel Castro (but you can't deny their cigars are worth a hundred revolutions!)

Cuban's are over rated, I'll take a Dominican :smoke:

Why was it you wanted the Falklands back???? Oh that's right the sheep :naughty:

Cuban's are over rated, I'll take a Dominican :smoke:

I just bought some "Romeo y Julieta" cubans, never tried them before and I really enjoyed them!

I am no cigar's expert, but one of those with a JW Black Label are a great way to spend a Sunday evening! Ahh...the simple pleasures of life!

As a life long non smoker I can barely get thru one and to do that I must have a great brandy with it.