Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Bahrain Tests!!!

If you go back and look at the long runs of the teams, the times are very close. I hope that means more competition at the sharp-end of the grid.

Looks like Hammy doing pretty well! :blush:

Massa again tops Kimi for fastest lap in ferrari.

Sorry for leaving you out Kay, i forgot you sponser Williams

ho..don't under estimate Kimi :naughty:

If anyone of you wanted to get some testing action,but couldn't,here it is........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHlrrlrRqxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGPxU7D_akQ

Cheers.

HAHAHA, in the second one Ralf said that Toyota was still a new team and so shouldn't be counted on to fight for the top.

Ralf, im sorry but BMW showed you up in its first year

HAHAHA, in the second one Ralf said that Toyota was still a new team and so shouldn't be counted on to fight for the top.

Ralf, im sorry but BMW showed you up in its first year

That's not exactly true. Toyota were built from scratch just a few years ago. BMW bought an existing team with many years' experience under their belt. It typically takes about five years for a new team to battle at the front, provided the rules are stable.

EDIT: F1 FANatic, awesome sig and avatar! Rindt FTW!!!

yea i know, but Sauber were still far behind Toyota in 05 and then with BMW jumped them 3 spots in one year, Toyota went back 3 spots.

And thx, took me like 3 hours to get good pictures for all 13 of them.

hey guys is there like a day break at bahrain or something cause im not getting any midday reports of nothing, is testing even on?????

tests begin again on feb. 27 and go until march 1st :D

It's dress rehearsal time... the final test of the 2007 pre-season is now underway in Bahrain!

It's all the same, but a little bit different, out in Bahrain this week... Nelsinho has vacated his place for Fisico, but otherwise, there are very few changes as the team begins three more days of intensive testing out in the Middle East.

Of course, this week marks the big dress rehearsal for the F1 grid before its first performance in Melbourne on 18 March. Unsurprisingly, weather conditions are still near-perfect for F1 testing - warm and sunny with lots of available track time - although windy conditions today and tomorrow could make life a little more complicated for the drivers and engineers...

While the fans are looking only as far as Melbourne, that's not necessarily the case for all the teams. Of course, new parts are being run as the cars appear with definitive engine and aero specifications ahead of the opening race - but this is also the last time teams will test with two cars until the end of the season. That's six car days of valuable testing... During the season, we won't reach six car days until we complete our test in Barcelona on May 2nd... and that seems an awful long way away to me!

Naturally, as this is a dress rehearsal, there's plenty of practice occurring for the first night too... which means practice pit-stops, qualifying simulations and other procedures are being repeated for the benefit of the team and drivers.

Expect a busy week as the teams look to complete plenty of miles. At Renault, the focus will be pretty similar to last week's test, with early race distances followed by set-up development as the team looks to fine-tune the performance of the R27.

Times at lunch:

Pos Driver Team Best time Laps

1 MASSA Ferrari 1'31.260 43

2 RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1'31.590 30

3 ALONSO McLaren 1'31.851 36

4 KUBICA BMW 1'32.108 37

5 HAMILTON McLaren 1'32.193 39

6 GIANCARLO Renault 1'32.556 65

7 HEIKKI Renault 1'32.688 19

8 VETTEL BMW 1'33.219 22

9 KLIEN HONDA 1

Remember.....Last week's fastest time was 1.30.4 so everybody is pretty much down on pace. Ferrari testing their definitive Melbourne-spec package today......

it also seems that Alonso must have done that quick time (2nd fastest time) on a qualifying lap...

It's dress rehearsal time... the final test of the 2007 pre-season is now underway in Bahrain!

It's all the same, but a little bit different, out in Bahrain this week... Nelsinho has vacated his place for Fisico, but otherwise, there are very few changes as the team begins three more days of intensive testing out in the Middle East.

Of course, this week marks the big dress rehearsal for the F1 grid before its first performance in Melbourne on 18 March. Unsurprisingly, weather conditions are still near-perfect for F1 testing - warm and sunny with lots of available track time - although windy conditions today and tomorrow could make life a little more complicated for the drivers and engineers...

While the fans are looking only as far as Melbourne, that's not necessarily the case for all the teams. Of course, new parts are being run as the cars appear with definitive engine and aero specifications ahead of the opening race - but this is also the last time teams will test with two cars until the end of the season. That's six car days of valuable testing... During the season, we won't reach six car days until we complete our test in Barcelona on May 2nd... and that seems an awful long way away to me!

Naturally, as this is a dress rehearsal, there's plenty of practice occurring for the first night too... which means practice pit-stops, qualifying simulations and other procedures are being repeated for the benefit of the team and drivers.

Expect a busy week as the teams look to complete plenty of miles. At Renault, the focus will be pretty similar to last week's test, with early race distances followed by set-up development as the team looks to fine-tune the performance of the R27.

Times at lunch:

Pos Driver Team Best time Laps

1 MASSA Ferrari 1'31.260 43

2 RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1'31.590 30

3 ALONSO McLaren 1'31.851 36

4 KUBICA BMW 1'32.108 37

5 HAMILTON McLaren 1'32.193 39

6 GIANCARLO Renault 1'32.556 65

7 HEIKKI Renault 1'32.688 19

8 VETTEL BMW 1'33.219 22

9 KLIEN HONDA 1

Schumi in his time made Massa the perfect racing driver in F1 i think after Fernando. Massa has a great discipline next only to Fernando in F1 right now. Great example of a Mentor-Protege relationship. If Kimi want's to beat Massa he has to control his alcoholism and adapt to whatever car they built..........he shouldn't try to let the engineers adapt the car to his liking....I know Kimi can do it because he adapted wonderfully to the car during his time at Mclaren.

Schumi in his time made Massa the perfect racing driver in F1 i think after Fernando. Massa has a great discipline next only to Fernando in F1 right now. Great example of a Mentor-Protege relationship. If Kimi want's to beat Massa he has to control his alcoholism and adapt to whatever car they built..........he shouldn't try to let the engineers adapt the car to his liking....I know Kimi can do it because he adapted wonderfully to the car during his time at Mclaren.

It's not like his an alcoholic or somethin????????????

Massa will be strong in the beginning, he knows the team....

Yeah I tend to think Kimi will more likely be stronger in the long run. But the first few races will be fascinating as they try to get the #1 status in the team. I'm expecting a few mistakes from the pressure.