Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Bahrain Tests!!!

That whole year was filled with excellent qualy battles between the 'two Mikes'.

hey dont forget DC! At the end of the season DC was only about 12 points from Mika, and has some fantastic drives of his own! Poor DC, never gets the recognition he deserves

hey dont forget DC! At the end of the season DC was only about 12 points from Mika, and has some fantastic drives of his own! Poor DC, never gets the recognition he deserves

He gets it from me :D

People forget that DC actually did quite well at McLaren

Hakkinen - 31

Coulthard - 18

Hakkinen - 27

Coulthard - 36

Hakkinen - 100

Coulthard - 56

Hakkinen - 76

Coulthard - 48

Hakkinen - 89

Coulthard - 73

Hakkinen - 37

Coulthard - 65

All up that is

Hakkinen - 360

Coulthard - 324

and if you change the points to take into account the 2 times Coulthard let Hakkinen win then the real point is

Hakkinen - 352

Coulthard - 332

That is 20 points difference in 6 seasons as teammates.

He gets it from me :D

People forget that DC actually did quite well at McLaren

Hakkinen - 31

Coulthard - 18

Hakkinen - 27

Coulthard - 36

Hakkinen - 100

Coulthard - 56

Hakkinen - 76

Coulthard - 48

Hakkinen - 89

Coulthard - 73

Hakkinen - 37

Coulthard - 65

All up that is

Hakkinen - 360

Coulthard - 324

and if you change the points to take into account the 2 times Coulthard let Hakkinen win then the real point is

Hakkinen - 352

Coulthard - 332

That is 20 points difference in 6 seasons as teammates.

hmm interesting stats!

but unfortunately the main statistic which people will always remind you of is:

World titles at mclaren:

Mika - 2

DC - 0

If he was 3 tenths a lap quicker at every quali session in 1998, he might just have become wdc!! he was always just that little bit behind

hmm interesting stats!

but unfortunately the main statistic which people will always remind you of is:

World titles at mclaren:

Mika - 2

DC - 0

If he was 3 tenths a lap quicker at every quali session in 1998, he might just have become wdc!! he was always just that little bit behind

Maybe so but when thinking of Mika and David most people think about 1998 and 1999 when Hakkinen beat Coulthard easily and they seem to think it was like that for all the other seasons when Coulthard and Hakkinen were teammates. But the truth is that appart from 1998 and 1999 Coulthard and Hakkinen were very close to each other points wise.

dont worry i followed DC closely in those years and i definately dont forget some of his great drives, especially in 00,01 and 02 (monaco win, amazing)

Great stats ykick. I always like DC. He's such a funny guy. However, the margins between greatness and mere competence are tiny at the top of any sport. I mean if you look at the total number of points each player wins in a typical tennis match, they're often very similar, but if one player wins the most important points then the end result can be very convincing indeed. I think that's what happened between DC and Mika - when it mattered most, Mika performed best.

Damn ykick, don't change your name and avatar to match Jem!! It's confusing!! ;)

I haven't forgotten DC, but Mika and Mikey, the 'two Mikes', will always be ahead of DC. Sorry.

I haven't forgotten DC, but Mika and Mikey, the 'two Mikes', will always be ahead of DC. Sorry.

yes, fair comment.

i read an interesting interview with DC about 2 years ago and DC said how frustrated he still is to this day that he 'sold out' and went to mclaren for 1996