Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Bahrain Tests!!!

Hey, you should first learn to distinguish Australia from UK, don't think I haven't read your discussion about Webber on the other thread! :mf_tongue::lol:

why do you think I made that comment...????

:lol:

Today, up to now I made 2 mistakes, and the day aint over yet....

:lol:

Keep trying! You may reach 10 mistakes by the end of the day! Now you have a task!

This is my surest prediction. I'd put a million quid on massa for this year's title depending on his no accidents drive.

Massa will be strong for the first few races, Kimi will eventually overcome. Remember Massa did'nt impress at the start last year, same with Kimi.....

Well Well Well, Barrichello 2nd atm!? Very interesting, very interesting indeed. However I go by Button's times cos they are usually more indicative so we shall see by the end of the day, we shall see!

1. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:31.766 86

2. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:31.901 47

3. Button Honda (B) 1:32.099 83

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:32.182 83

5. Barrichello Honda (B) 1:32.570 101

6. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:32.621 47

7. Vettel BMW-Sauber (B) 1:32.652 104

8. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:32.787 33

9. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (B) 1:32.810 49

10. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:32.396 76

11. Kovalainen Renault (B) 1:33.139 113

12. Piquet Renault (B) 1:33.816 92

13. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:34.077 27

14. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:34.595 31

15. R.Schumacher Toyota (B) 1:35.265 35

16. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:36.345 25

Ferrari drivers on top in Bahrain

Thursday, February 22nd 2007, 14:33 GMT

Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen topped the timesheets on the first day of testing at Bahrain on Thursday.

The Ferrari pair were separated by less than two tenths of a second, although Massa completed nearly double the amount of laps of his new teammate.

Jenson Button was an encouraging third quickest for Honda, although he did lose time in the morning when his car stopped on track with throttle problems.

Lewis Hamilton followed his countryman with the fourth quickest time, while Button's teammate Rubens Barrichello was fifth quickest with his best time from the morning session.

Pedro de la Rosa was next up for McLaren, while Sebastian Vettel was the first of the BMW drivers with the seventh best lap.

Jarno Trulli was eighth quickest for Toyota ahead of Nick Heidfeld, who stopped on track in the morning. However, the German was unsure of the cause of his problem.

Anthony Davidson was 10th fastest for Super Aguri, while Heikki Kovalainen was the top Renault driver after he completed the most laps of anyone during the day and set the 11th best time.

Today's times:

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Massa Ferrari ( B) 1:31.766 86

2. Raikkonen Ferrari ( B) 1:31.901 47

3. Button Honda ( B) 1:32.099 83

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:32.182 83

5. Barrichello Honda ( B) 1:32.570 101

6. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:32.621 47

7. Vettel BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:32.652 104

8. Trulli Toyota ( B) 1:32.787 33

9. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:32.810 49

10. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda ( B) 1:32.396 76

11. Kovalainen Renault ( B) 1:33.139 113

12. Piquet Renault ( B) 1:33.816 92

13. Webber Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:34.077 27

14. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:34.595 31

15. R.Schumacher Toyota ( B) 1:35.265 35

16. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari ( B) 1:36.345 25

1. Massa Ferrari ( B) 1:31.766 86

2. Raikkonen Ferrari ( B) 1:31.901 47

3. Button Honda ( B) 1:32.099 83

4. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:32.182 83

5. Barrichello Honda ( B) 1:32.570 101

6. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes ( B) 1:32.621 47

7. Vettel BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:32.652 104

8. Trulli Toyota ( B) 1:32.787 33

9. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber ( B) 1:32.810 49

10. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda ( B) 1:32.396 76

11. Kovalainen Renault ( B) 1:33.139 113

12. Piquet Renault ( B) 1:33.816 92

13. Webber Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:34.077 27

14. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault ( B) 1:34.595 31

15. R.Schumacher Toyota ( B) 1:35.265 35

16. Liuzzi Toro Rosso-Ferrari ( B) 1:36.345 25

Ferrari drivers on top in Bahrain

Thursday, February 22nd 2007, 14:33 GMT

Kimi RaikkonenFelipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen topped the timesheets on the first day of testing at Bahrain on Thursday.

The Ferrari pair were separated by less than two tenths of a second, although Massa completed nearly double the amount of laps of his new teammate.

Jenson Button was an encouraging third quickest for Honda, although he did lose time in the morning when his car stopped on track with throttle problems.

Lewis Hamilton followed his countryman with the fourth quickest time, while Button's teammate Rubens Barrichello was fifth quickest with his best time from the morning session.

Pedro de la Rosa was next up for McLaren, while Sebastian Vettel was the first of the BMW drivers with the seventh best lap.

Jarno Trulli was eighth quickest for Toyota ahead of Nick Heidfeld, who stopped on track in the morning. However, the German was unsure of the cause of his problem.

Anthony Davidson was 10th fastest for Super Aguri, while Heikki Kovalainen was the top Renault driver after he completed the most laps of anyone during the day and set the 11th best time.

www.autosport.com article

by the look of things, Kimi might start putting pressure on Massa sooner than expected.....lovely lovely stuff!!!!!!

Told you all,Massa's gonna be a mile in front of everybody. :eyebrow:

Renault horribly sandbagging on the first day.

Felipe is definitely the fastest off-season driver in the world.

Good question is, how boring the on-season will be, because of Kimi...

Felipe is definitely the fastest off-season driver in the world.

Good question is, how boring the on-season will be, because of Kimi...

RD, This year will definitely not be boring because of kimi, he show us some more innovative ways of breaking the car. :lol:

Somebody please re post the 2006 off season posts! Bet season didn't developed as you thought when seeing the tests. Am I right?

RD, This year will definitely not be boring because of kimi, he show us some more innovative ways of breaking the car. :lol:

he will be boringly dominating on the track, but he will show us some innovative ways to celebrate the victories. Which will make some headlines in Italy, of course.

he will be boringly dominating on the track, but he will show us some innovative ways to celebrate the victories. Which will make some headlines in Italy, of course.

"Kimi, why didn't you show up at the podium? You won the race!"

"Sorry, I was taking a Sh#t"

Hi GeneNZ! Welcome to the forum! :king:

By the way where did you get the pics where you said Mclaren have a new sidepod wing?

And also which team do you support?

once again Welcome to the forum mate! :)

Thanks for the Welcome!

Didn't manage to reply because it was past midnight, and with work early the following day, it was best I headed out to sleep. Although the rest of the night I was checking every site I could to get the Bahrain testing times.

My favourite team - BMW. So the fact they have been doing well in terms of speed, is good, but fingers-crossed, here's for hoping!

Yup I am from the land of the long white cloud (Aotearoa/New Zealand), so its rather hard getting to a GP, other than the Melbourne GP. Plus I have to stay up past 1am to watch the GP's. The only GP's that really fit my timezone are Australia/Malaysia/Chinese/Japan. But I guess it comes down to dedication!

Anyway thanks for the welcome!