Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Bahrain Tests!!!

Thanks for the Welcome!

Didn't manage to reply because it was past midnight, and with work early the following day, it was best I headed out to sleep. Although the rest of the night I was checking every site I could to get the Bahrain testing times.

My favourite team - BMW. So the fact they have been doing well in terms of speed, is good, but fingers-crossed, here's for hoping!

Yup I am from the land of the long white cloud (Aotearoa/New Zealand), so its rather hard getting to a GP, other than the Melbourne GP. Plus I have to stay up past 1am to watch the GP's. The only GP's that really fit my timezone are Australia/Malaysia/Chinese/Japan. But I guess it comes down to dedication!

Anyway thanks for the welcome!

Welcome GeneNZ :D

Your right in saying that following F1 in our part of the world takes a little dedication :thbup:

Hope you enjoy the forum, we have a great bunch of people here :)

It's been almost 2 hours since the testing started. does anyone have the latest times?

Best bet is from Planet-f1.com in about 2 hours. They were the ones to release the lunch time testing times yesterday.

Somebody please re post the 2006 off season posts! Bet season didn't developed as you thought when seeing the tests. Am I right?

Is the Quiet One getting worried already??? tsk tsk...

There's some pics to check out on www.f1racing.net, Kimi looked very concentrated, in fact I have'nt seen him so focussed for a long while folks....

Hey, I saw the pics, to me it looks like a hangover from yesterdays drink. :lol:

Hey, I saw the pics, to me it looks like a hangover from yesterdays drink. :lol:

that could also be it :lol:

But he's a diffrent man since he moved to Ferrari, i'm not only talking about today, he looks focussed (in general, everytime I see him) and also happier at the same time....

Yup I am from the land of the long white cloud (Aotearoa/New Zealand), so its rather hard getting to a GP, other than the Melbourne GP. Plus I have to stay up past 1am to watch the GP's. The only GP's that really fit my timezone are Australia/Malaysia/Chinese/Japan. But I guess it comes down to dedication!

Welcome mate! Keep up the dedication. Over here, the Oz gp is the least convenient I seem to remember, starting at maybe 4am (?) along with Malaysia perhaps but Japan tends to start around 6am I think - perfect to set you up for the day!

But he's a diffrent man since he moved to Ferrari, i'm not only talking about today, he looks focussed (in general, everytime I see him) and also happier at the same time....

Well they're looking reasonably quick to me, altho' I haven't seen any times from today yet either. No wonder he's generally happy. ;)

Welcome mate! Keep up the dedication. Over here, the Oz gp is the least convenient I seem to remember, starting at maybe 4am (?) along with Malaysia perhaps but Japan tends to start around 6am I think - perfect to set you up for the day!

For me the Brazilian GP is the worst as it starts at 3am. All the European races start around 11pm which isnt so bad. I actually had to miss the Brazilian GP last year as i had a major exam the next day at school so basically i couldnt be up at 3am watching the formula 1.

For me the Brazilian GP is the worst as it starts at 3am. All the European races start around 11pm which isnt so bad. I actually had to miss the Brazilian GP last year as i had a major exam the next day at school so basically i couldnt be up at 3am watching the formula 1.

:o so u missed Jenson storming from 14th to 3rd? you missed Schumacher's last ever race? i trust you recorded the race!

Aussie GP will probably be some ridiculous hour early in the morning for us Europeans, but i'll be up watching it!

:o so u missed Jenson storming from 14th to 3rd? you missed Schumacher's last ever race? i trust you recorded the race!

Well i did try but i accidentally recorded the wrong channel and got some dodgy religious programme. It was disappointing as it would have been nice to see the race but unfortunately my exam came first.

Aussie GP will probably be some ridiculous hour early in the morning for us Europeans, but i'll be up watching it!

I dont know why but i love it when the Europeans get inconvenienced by really bad times for sporting events as it is the only time you get a taste of what its like in my part of the world where nearly every sporting event is at a really bad hour.

Well i did try but i accidentally recorded the wrong channel and got some dodgy religious programme. It was disappointing as it would have been nice to see the race but unfortunately my exam came first.

:lol: Yeah I always hate when exams and F1 clash.

Morning Laptimes:

1 HEIDFELD BMW 1'30.475 39

2 ALONSO McLaren 1'31.221 24

3 BUTTON Honda 1'31.806 45

4 HAMILTON McLaren 1'31.925 31

5 KUBICA BMW 1'32.226 48

6 RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1'32.252 40

7 HEIKKI Renault 1'32.540 31

8 NELSINHO Renault 1'32.542 51

9 MASSA Ferrari 1'32.595 27

10 BARRICHELLO Honda 1'32.620 35

11 WEBBER Red Bull 1'33.126 37

12 TRULLI Toyota 1'33.162 49

13 DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1'33.255 47

14 COULTHARD Red Bull 1'33.927 10

15 LIUZZI Toro rosso 1'34.196 27

16 SCHUMACHER Toyota 1'34.474 21

from renault blog

Morning Laptimes:

1 HEIDFELD BMW 1'30.475 39

2 ALONSO McLaren 1'31.221 24

3 BUTTON Honda 1'31.806 45

4 HAMILTON McLaren 1'31.925 31

5 KUBICA BMW 1'32.226 48

6 RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1'32.252 40

7 HEIKKI Renault 1'32.540 31

8 NELSINHO Renault 1'32.542 51

9 MASSA Ferrari 1'32.595 27

10 BARRICHELLO Honda 1'32.620 35

11 WEBBER Red Bull 1'33.126 37

12 TRULLI Toyota 1'33.162 49

13 DAVIDSON Super Aguri 1'33.255 47

14 COULTHARD Red Bull 1'33.927 10

15 LIUZZI Toro rosso 1'34.196 27

16 SCHUMACHER Toyota 1'34.474 21

from renault blog

McLaren showing some good speed. Whats happening to Toyota - one more year as also ran? BMW looks quick.

Yeah he's a diffrent man alright! He didn't give a damn when he was in Mclaren since 2005 because of all the merc boom's of 2004.

He knows he's gotta be involved in the devolopment of F2007,otherwise papa todt,papa luca and papa schumi are gonna whoop his finnish bottom till it turns scarlet................otherwise they wouldn't pay him a freakin million bucks a week!

Kimi is incredibly brilliant and technical and has a huge understanding of the car,it's just that he was damn lazy when he was at mclaren.....drinking vodka <_< .

Also ron is to be blamed for spoiling kimi,because instead of letting kimi test the car he used to unload the burden on DC,Pedro&Alex. '06 was even more worse cuz an even more lazy fatso was in the team! <_<