Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rumblestrip

This Is p**sing Me Off

Over the past few days, I've been noticing more and more F1 videos disappearing from Youtube. On-board shots, snippets from races, etc. All citing a "terms of use" violations.

Today I noticed that videos in my playlist/favorites are going dead. Same deal.

I mean wtf... who cares if someone posted a 30-second on-board camera shot of a qualifying lap from 10 years ago? That's some petty crap.

Over the past few days, I've been noticing more and more F1 videos disappearing from Youtube. On-board shots, snippets from races, etc. All citing a "terms of use" violations.

Today I noticed that videos in my playlist/favorites are going dead. Same deal.

I mean wtf... who cares if someone posted a 30-second on-board camera shot of a qualifying lap from 10 years ago? That's some petty crap.

You can blame Bernie for that my friend, he has been trying to stop Youtube showing any Formula One material at all because it is a breah of his rights as the owner of all Formula One footage.

It's a bugger because all of this footage will be never to be seen again most likely. Watching the likes of Senna, Clark, Fangio, Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt ect working their magic will be lost to the world forever.

Very sad indeed :(

You can blame Bernie for that my friend, he has been trying to stop Youtube showing any Formula One material at all because it is a breah of his rights as the owner of all Formula One footage.

It's a bugger because all of this footage will be never to be seen again most likely. Watching the likes of Senna, Clark, Fangio, Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt ect working their magic will be lost to the world forever.

Very sad indeed :(

Only solution is someone how has good bandwith download them from youtube (pm me i will tell how) and store them. and if someone asks can use megaupload/rapidshare to tranfer them.(have a thread with links)

There is currently no way to crack the youtube format. If there is a way, I've not heard about it. You cannot download the videos and play them later...they download as a kind of 'flash' file that needs something from the youtube servers to play correctly.

There are other websites, such as metacafe.com that may have some videos that download better....

There is currently no way to crack the youtube format. If there is a way, I've not heard about it. You cannot download the videos and play them later...they download as a kind of 'flash' file that needs something from the youtube servers to play correctly.

There are other websites, such as metacafe.com that may have some videos that download better....

Mike, as i said there are 3 different ways to get videos off you tube. True they come in flv(flash video format) but flv players (vlc media player) are free to download. plus if you are that fussy you can download free software to convert the file to avi/mpeg.

the only problem with yo tube is the quality is not that great due to restrictions you tue has kept.

I am not sure if i am allowed to tell the method like this thus pm me and i can write the method for you.

Mike Ignorence at its best. as i said there are 3 different ways to get videos off you tube. True they come in flv(flash video format) but flv players (vlc media player) are free to download. plus if you are that fussy you can download free software to convert the file to avi/mpeg.

the only problem with yo tube is the quality is not that great due to restrictions you tue has kept.

I am not sure if i am allowed to tell the method like this thus pm me and i can write the method for you.

I see. It didn't seem that easy when I tried it (and I may have missed your post above explaining it...ah, I see I did miss it--erg...). The usual way to download (right-click>save on my PC) didn't work for me. I had to go into my internet temp folder and locate the large flash file and copy that to a safer folder. Once that was done, no flash player/browser/movie editor I had would play the damned thing. When I double-clicked it, it opened up youtube.com to play it. I'm hardly a computer guru, so I bow to your greater knowledge in this....

Sure I can blame him.

Some of these clips are 10+ years old. They're not being sold anywhere. They're not being re-aired anywhere. They're just sitting around on people's VCRs. No one is making money off these clips, and if anything they're getting more people interested in F1. It's not a single dime out of Bernie's pocket. It's just short-sighted greed.

Sure I can blame him.

Some of these clips are 10+ years old. They're not being sold anywhere. They're not being re-aired anywhere. They're just sitting around on people's VCRs. No one is making money off these clips, and if anything they're getting more people interested in F1. It's not a single dime out of Bernie's pocket. It's just short-sighted greed.

:thbup:

Yep, I agree 100% with you.

Mike Ignorence at its best. as i said there are 3 different ways to get videos off you tube. True they come in flv(flash video format) but flv players (vlc media player) are free to download. plus if you are that fussy you can download free software to convert the file to avi/mpeg.

HINT: google "greasemonkey youtube", download video, play using FLV player.

I see. It didn't seem that easy when I tried it (and I may have missed your post above explaining it...ah, I see I did miss it--erg...). The usual way to download (right-click>save on my PC) didn't work for me. I had to go into my internet temp folder and locate the large flash file and copy that to a safer folder. Once that was done, no flash player/browser/movie editor I had would play the damned thing. When I double-clicked it, it opened up youtube.com to play it. I'm hardly a computer guru, so I bow to your greater knowledge in this....

Sorry for sounding a bit harsh in the post. Check the PM sent

Interesting, although it all sounds a little too complicated.

YouTube is very annoying like that, doesn't seem to happen as often as it did and usually another member will post the same material up again.

Interesting, although it all sounds a little too complicated.

YouTube is very annoying like that, doesn't seem to happen as often as it did and usually another member will post the same material up again.

It isn't hard at all. you just need the link of the video and go a website and put it there and click the download button.

download vlc(from download.com) and view it.

I have tried to download a video from the above link and was able to download the .flv file, I havent downloaded the .flv player. will do that and post the feedback.

There is also a website http://www.media-convert.com where you shoud be able to convert the file from one format to another. It supports conversion from .flv to any of the regularly used formats like .wmv, .mov, .avi, .3gp, .mpeg and .mp4.

He takes everything that mentions his sport down... even domain names with "F1" in it. :(

He takes everything that mentions his sport down... even domain names with "F1" in it. :(

Thankyfully we(owner) still owns this website (totalF1)

If you didn't know any better, you'd think he was trying to kill the sport.

Wait.... :eusa_think:

Well, greedy people always sink down with the mass of weight over their head, history and holybooks have proved this fact, don't worry friends. Some day our prayers are going to be answered and we will witness Bernie loose it all and leaving F1 in the open air..