Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Alonso World's Third Highest Paid Athlete

Fernando Alonso has in 2007 become the third highest earner in the world of sport, according to reports.

The daily sports newspaper El Mundo Deportivo said the 25-year-old tripled his pay packet by switching from Renault to McLaren, and attracted an additional $13m in private sponsorship after winning a successive drivers' championship last season.

Alonso will earn at least (US) $43 million this year, the newspaper said, which ranks him behind sport's top active earners Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson, golfers who respectively make $90m and $47m every year.

El Mundo Deportivo claims that Alonso made less than $10 million at Renault in 2006.

He arrived in Bahrain on Thursday to test the MP4-22 from Friday morning.

PaddockTalk Perspective

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

Lucky Dog! :naughty:

Ive never understodd that. How can golfers earn so much money when they play a incredably boring sport, have very low crowd numbers and there is no danger involved.

I think he deserves it though.

Hold on, I think Kimi is the highest paid driver in F1 with a reported salary of 52m. That's a million bucks every week!

so thats why he can buy so much booze :lol:

Yeah! Most boring sport but incredibly tough too! <_<

I only play mini golf :P But i do want to know where the money comes from in golf as in football the money comes from crowd numbers and in formula 1 the money comes from car companies and other rich businesses.

I think he deserves it though.

Hold on, I think Kimi is the highest paid driver in F1 with a reported salary of 52m. That's a million bucks every week!

not true... It was a rumour

I only play mini golf :P But i do want to know where the money comes from in golf as in football the money comes from crowd numbers and in formula 1 the money comes from car companies and other rich businesses.

That's only a small part of the income, ykick.

i hate f1 drivers. only cos i'm so jealous of them. they have the best job in the world AND they get paid millions to do it!

Where does the rest of the income come from?

lots and lots of sponsorship (look at the team shirts, and all the billboards surrounding the pitch. Also think of the BARCLAYS premiership, the CARLING cup, and the old COCA-COLA cup, theres millions coming from sponsors

lots and lots of sponsorship (look at the team shirts, and all the billboards surrounding the pitch. Also think of the BARCLAYS premiership, the CARLING cup, and the old COCA-COLA cup, theres millions coming from sponsors

Exactly. That's why Real wanted to sign Beckham - they reckoned shirt sales would virtually pay for him!! :lol:

Becham won't be selling $250,000,000 shirts worth, surely.

Anyway, I think F1 drivers deserve it over most other sportsmen/women.

I too am surprised about Golfers though.

Becham won't be selling $250,000,000 shirts worth, surely.

Anyway, I think F1 drivers deserve it over most other sportsmen/women.

I too am surprised about Golfers though.

I think you over estimate beckham's price! :lol:

Well, they rekcon it was part of the attraction of signing him because they would recoup a fair amount in shirt sales, sponsorship deals, etc. They reckon his contribution to Man U's sponsorship and media deals was significant and when you consider that Man U are no slouches in that dept, it gives you a fair indication of how much he is actually worth.

Edit: Just had a look and on the day the t/f to Real was announced, they sold nearly

Ah maybe that's a UK tradition then? We have them a lot at xmas. The kids love them, and always shout out "he's behind you" or "no he isn't", "yes he is", "no he isn't" etc etc

I'm supprised Alonso is getting that much but hey if he wins then he's worth every penny. I'm also suprised that it puts him 3rd in the world, though when Bechkhams contract kicks in it'll knock him to 4th.

Insanely Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees has a 10-year deal worth $US252 million with baseball's New York Yankees, Becks is 250 for 5 years but that includes a ton of endorsments. On pure salary alone Becks gets roughly $10m/yr.

Lucky Dog! :naughty:

Yeah, Fernando deserves it! Like Ykick im amazed that the 2 highest paid sportsman are golfers.. Shocking!

Being an f1 driver is def the life though... The Glamour, The Rush, The Lifestyle, The fastcars & on top of all that... Stacks of Cash!