Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

V8 Supercars

I dont know if any of you know but Craig Lowndes was on last weeks episode of "Australian Story" and it was very good. Too watch the full episode go too

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/

Its well worth it.

Agree, it was a great episode. I watched it again last night.

Watching clips on youtube out of interest and that was one i found from some time ago obviously. I've never seen a race but I know I love it!

Watching clips on youtube out of interest and that was one i found from some time ago obviously. I've never seen a race but I know I love it!

Nice clip. Its was sad though as Peter Brock was a true legend.

Ok, it's been difficult finding time to watch the '06 DVDs but I just got to Sandown. Lowndes was very, very impressive there. Winterbottom's first win and it was deserved. And anyone saying these drivers don't have talent needs to look at the poor englishman who ran Sandown and immediately looked like Ide on a bad day. Clearly that chap was great in whatever series he came from, but he can't compete with the V8 talent.

Got a friend getting me them from 7 Sport (Australian I guess since the accents are)

Starting by watching this years season, watched race one at Clipsal so far and have race 2 which I havent got around to watching yet. Reading profiles they seem to think of Rick Kelly as the Alonso of V8 Supercars, which points him out as a driver I can follow but in race one I thought Todd Kelly kept very consistant position then won which shows it payed off. I shall give it a few more races before nailing my flag to the mast for anyone yet though ;) .

I'd prefare to support a driver of a Holden even if I think the Vodafone Fords look pretty good and would be consistant with my F1 following.

Got a friend getting me them from 7 Sport (Australian I guess since the accents are)

Starting by watching this years season, watched race one at Clipsal so far and have race 2 which I havent got around to watching yet. Reading profiles they seem to think of Rick Kelly as the Alonso of V8 Supercars, which points him out as a driver I can follow but in race one I thought Todd Kelly kept very consistant position then won which shows it payed off. I shall give it a few more races before nailing my flag to the mast for anyone yet though ;) .

I'd prefare to support a driver of a Holden even if I think the Vodafone Fords look pretty good and would be consistant with my F1 following.

You should be a Ford fan. Viva La Ford :lol:

From what little I've seen, the Kellys are damned good. Aggressive racing style and good car control. What say you, ykick?

From what little I've seen, the Kellys are damned good. Aggressive racing style and good car control. What say you, ykick?

They are great drivers and seem like nice people but since they drive Holden's i refuse to support them. I was born a Ford man and i'll die a Ford man :D

They are great drivers and seem like nice people but since they drive Holden's i refuse to support them. I was born a Ford man and i'll die a Ford man :D

:clap3: I can respect that.

Heard the Kelly brothers have a brilliant battle to the flag in the 2nd race, I need to watch that race!

I was a good race. Its unfortunate bouth their last names though as they often get called "The Kelly Gang" and for those who dont know "The Kelly Gang" were famous bush rangers in the 19th century and were eventually killed.

Rick & Todd Kelly are both great drivers but if I where to choose between the two I would go with Rick. But the man that has the game sorted beyond anyone else in my opinion is Craig Lowndes, he is the complete package on an off track. Another driver that I rate highly is Jason Richards and it kills me because he is a kiwi, but he is a champion in the near future, the same could be said about Mark Winterbottom.

Rick & Todd Kelly are both great drivers but if I where to choose between the two I would go with Rick. But the man that has the game sorted beyond anyone else in my opinion is Craig Lowndes, he is the complete package on an off track. Another driver that I rate highly is Jason Richards and it kills me because he is a kiwi, but he is a champion in the near future, the same could be said about Mark Winterbottom.

:clap3:

Are you a Ford or a Holden man?

Are you a Ford or a Holden man?

I started off as a young boy loving all things Ford mainly because of the influence of my father, then as I grew older I became disillusioned with Ford and started my love affair with HSV which resulted in me buying my HSV that I still own to this day. At the moment I

I started off as a young boy loving all things Ford mainly because of the influence of my father, then as I grew older I became disillusioned with Ford and started my love affair with HSV which resulted in me buying my HSV that I still own to this day. At the moment I

That is very unusal. 99% of v8 Supercar fans are either very pro Ford or very Pro Holden. The closest thing Australia has ever had to a civil war was betwen the Holden fans vs Ford fans :D

Very true,

I guess working within the car industry and having a job like mine which involves all manufactures, your Ford man or Holden man, Australian instincts become numbed somewhat :D

Very true,

I guess working within the car industry and having a job like mine which involves all manufactures, your Ford man or Holden man, Australian instincts become numbed somewhat :D

They will come back. The Australian instincts are too strong to ignore for long :D

Ive found this which is quite interesting.

Blog response from Murray Walker

Dear Mike, Ever since I returned to England from this year`s superb Clipsal 500 I have been following your blog about the future of the proposed Victoria Park developments with intense interest.

I`m not a South Australian, I`m not an Adelaidean and I`m not even an Australian but, as someone with a passionate interest in Motor Sport who regards Adelaide as the nicest city in Australia and who rightly regards the Clipsal 500 as the finest Touring Car event in the world, bar none, I do have a very real interest in the subject. To me it is tragic that, from the point of view of what I understand to be the majority, the very real improvements that are proposed to Victoria Park and which would result in less annual disruption, the enhancement of the park itself and vastly improved facitlities for both the horse and car racing events have been blocked by a powerful minority but history shows that there`s nothing new about that. To someone who is, literally, a foreign outsider that minority can say it is none of my business but I respectfully submit that it is very much in the interest of Adelaide and South Australia for the proposed changes to be made. They would undoutedly create an even nicer environment for the majority of Adelaide`s inhabitants and even better sporting events to boost tourism, the City and the State. Life being what it is there`s only one way for that to happen. It`s called Democracy. The majority have to mobilise their strength and make enough fuss to overcome the minority. I not only hope they do but that I shall have the pleasure of returning to your fine city in 2008 with the knowledge that the majority has prevailed. Optimistically yours Murray Walker

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...514-910,00.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it appears Murray Walker is a fan of the V8 Supercars and more specifically the Adelaide circuit :D

Edit: Incase anyone doesnt know Victoria Park is in Adelaide and should not be confused with Victoria the state.

Good stuff from Murray there actually.

Good on him. I think they should listen to him as he highlights very valid points and imo is right.

So it appears Murray Walker is a fan of the V8 Supercars

Ofcourse. Murray is fuelled by top racing, its why his opinion is so respected as it speaks for everyone.

I actually think that in afew years time both Ford and GM will be pushing to get the V8 Supercars better coverage in many countires and regions including the middle east and America. GM is currently doing alot of exporting of the Holden Commodore and Ford have just annonced that the next generation Ford Falcon will be going to the middle east and most probably America as well. Both Ford and GM would love to have better V8 Supercars coverage in these regions as it can only help to increase car sales.