Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

V8 Supercars

A design photo of next years Ford Falcon has just been released and i must say that i think im in love.

fpvfalcongtbigtg2.jpg

Certainly this Falcon wont have problems with cooling as that mouth is HUGE. Its one sexy beast and i cant wait to see it in the V8 Supercars next year (hopefully).

A design photo of next years Ford Falcon has just been released and i must say that i think im in love.

fpvfalcongtbigtg2.jpg

Certainly this Falcon wont have problems with cooling as that mouth is HUGE. Its one sexy beast and i cant wait to see it in the V8 Supercars next year (hopefully).

:clap3:

I want one.

Note to self. Begin research on effort required to import and Federalize an Aus market car ...

:blink:

fpvfalcongtbigtg2.jpg

Looks like a bar of soap with 'fart' cans and a sale on doors, shall I call you yoda-san?

Looks like a bar of soap with 'fart' cans and a sale on doors, shall I call you yoda-san?

I suppose you prefer cars which look like this

allen_impellitteri_1969_cadi.jpg

:clap3:

I want one.

Note to self. Begin research on effort required to import and Federalize an Aus market car ...

:blink:

Ford Australia have confirmed that the 2008 Ford Falcon has been designed so a LHD conversion is very simple so they can build these cars as LHD's if they want. Now the only reason to do that is if they are planning to send their cars to either the Middle East (which is likely) and maybe even North America (which is possible). They have spent $500 million ($435 million US) and spending that amount on a purely Australian car is not worth it. Its clear that Ford does have a export programme planned.

Ford Australia have confirmed that the 2008 Ford Falcon has been designed so a LHD conversion is very simple so they can build these cars as LHD's if they want. Now the only reason to do that is if they are planning to send their cars to either the Middle East (which is likely) and maybe even North America (which is possible). They have spent $500 million ($435 million US) and spending that amount on a purely Australian car is not worth it. Its clear that Ford does have a export programme planned.

Unfortunately, it's far deeper an issue than just LHD v. RHD. Without steering this into a political discussion ($DIETY knows we have more than enough of those already :blink: ), it's an issue of the car being "built to meet U.S. safety requirements", and it's less about the car's actual safety than it is about protecting the U.S. market... The upshot is it's pretty difficult to do for any car less than 25 years old. I know it's "do-able", because there are several JDM Skylines (among others) here, but from what I understand (still not having done the heavy research), it's extremely expensive and time-consuming ... :wacko:

Unfortunately, it's far deeper an issue than just LHD v. RHD. Without steering this into a political discussion ($DIETY knows we have more than enough of those already :blink: ), it's an issue of the car being "built to meet U.S. safety requirements", and it's less about the car's actual safety than it is about protecting the U.S. market... The upshot is it's pretty difficult to do for any car less than 25 years old. I know it's "do-able", because there are several JDM Skylines (among others) here, but from what I understand (still not having done the heavy research), it's extremely expensive and time-consuming ... :wacko:

Well im not certain about the Ford Falcon but Holden are going to send thousands of Commodore's to America next year in the name of the Pontiac G8. The Falcon and Commodore are very simular in regards to safety so i would imagine if the Commodore can get through the Falcon can aswell. What would be interesting is what Ford NA would call the Falcon as America hasnt had a Falcon in about 40 years.

Well im not certain about the Ford Falcon but Holden are going to send thousands of Commodore's to America next year in the name of the Pontiac G8. The Falcon and Commodore are very simular in regards to safety so i would imagine if the Commodore can get through the Falcon can aswell. What would be interesting is what Ford NA would call the Falcon as America hasnt had a Falcon in about 40 years.

Yeah, our Falcon became the Mustang; your Falcon was very different from ours from the beginning, IIR my history correctly.

Again, it's all politics. If Ford want to release the car here, it will be available, and it will meet the US standards, just as the G8 will meet the standards. If Ford doesn't want to sell the car here, magically, it won't meet the standards. It's political BS that was brought about my the manufacturers to protect their domestic markets (ironically enough, it was the North American arms of some European makers that did it). It all comes down to what Ford wants to do ... And like I said up-thread, we've had rumours of Ford planning to bring it over for some time ... Maybe this time it'll happen.

If it doesn't ... I may be forced into owning a GM. :wacko::angry::o

Actually, I'll go out and buy a current-gen Mustang before I buy a GM.

When is some brilliant marketer going to look at the popularity of the Nissan 240SX (Japanese Silvia) and realize that there's a market for an affordable, sporty, relatively small REAR-WHEEL DRIVE car here!?! (That is, among straight, non-hairdressers; the Miata has that part of the market covered). :)

The Almighty Windtunnel has made all the cars today look very much alike. You don't get cars like the above Caddy anymore. Even in my teens, circa 1985, the cars were very unique.

I would take my old '79 Fiat Spyder ahead of today's bars of soap.

Some of my favorites:

'67 Charger (Where I learned to drive a "car". Nothing but karts before that...)

auction37.jpg

My hope for a resto-mod project some day, the '69 Mach 1

DSCN1190.JPG

Another awesome project car, the 260 Z

dat1.jpg

It's a shame that the bars of soap are here to stay, but they are ... May as well get what enjoyment we can out of them...

But I'm still going to build a Dime someday:

69_datsun.jpg

"69 Caddy coupe-deville convertable/ with a 500ci mill, man that is one sweet ride!!!!

Yeah, our Falcon became the Mustang; your Falcon was very different from ours from the beginning, IIR my history correctly.

Actually prior to 1972 our Ford Falcons were exactly the same as the American Ford Falcon (but made in Australia). Ford NA decided to cease production of the car due to low sale figures but Ford Australia decided that the car was to good to let die so they continued its evolution.

Sorry to break up the classic car meet but Bathurst this weekend!

With the chinese Gran Prix straight after it's a good solid 12 hours of tv time. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whose goin this weekend?

Here are the Qualifying results for Bathurst

Pos Drivers Car Time

1. Mark Winterbottom/Steven Richards - Ford Falcon BF - 2:07.0908

2. Mark Skaife/Todd Kelly - Holden Commodore VE - 2:07.1961

3. Garth Tander/Rick Kelly - Holden Commodore VE - 2:07.2871

4. Steven Johnson/Will Davison - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.0782

5. Lee Holdsworth/Dean Canto - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.1812

6. Craig Lowndes/Jamie Whincup - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.2449

7. Greg Murphy/Jason Richards - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.3672

8. James Courtney/David Besnard - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.3911

9. Paul Radisich/Craig Baird - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.4909

10. Russell Ingall/Luke Youlden - Ford Falcon BF - 2:19.5966

11. Greg Ritter/Cameron McLean - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.4006

12. Paul Dumbrell/Paul Weel - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.4802

13. Jason Bright/Adam Macrow - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.6625

14. Glenn Seton/Nathan Pretty - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.6628

15. Andrew Jones/Simon Wills - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.9001

16. Richard Lyons/Allan Simonsen - Ford Falcon BF - 2:08.9718

17. Marcus Marshall/Kayne Scott - Holden Commodore VE - 2:08.9984

18. Cameron McConville/David Reynolds - Holden Commodore VE - 2:09.0878

19. Mark Noske/Jay Verdnik - Holden Commodore VE - 2:11.2633

20. Alex Davison/Andrew Thompson - Ford Falcon BF -

21. Jason Bargwanna/Max Wilson - Ford Falcon BF - 2:09.5378

22. Warren Luff/Alan Gurr - Ford Falcon BF - 2:09.7122

23. Steve Owen/Tony D'Alberto - Holden Commodore VZ - 2:09.7822

24. Matt Halliday/Owen Kelly - Ford Falcon BF - 2:09.8141

25. John Bowe/Jonathon Webb - Ford Falcon BF - 2:09.8464

26. Jack Perkins/Shane Price - Holden Commodore VE - 2:10.0196

27. Paul Morris/Steve Ellery - Holden Commodore VE - 2:10.0945

28. Fabian Coulthard/Chris Pither - Holden Commodore VZ - 2:10.3498

29. Shane Van Gisbergen/John McIntyre - Ford Falcon BF - 2:10.4038

30. Michael Caruso/Grant Denyer - Ford Falcon BF - 2:11.5360

Yeah, after watching that I switched over to the F1 and frankly found it less exciting.

The racing in F1 has been so p**s poor this year it's just the championship thats made it interesting to watch.

But when you see big V8's getting sideways up that fantastic track then you watch F1 in the wet still driving like it's dry it's hard to be enthused.

That looks very competitive racing! More like Australia's version of DTM, you get Ford's & Holden's in V8's while you get Audi A4's & Merc C-Classes in DTM, though the previous race I watched, won by some Red Bull Audi driver, I saw a CLK! Anyhow, it's also 1 of the games on BATRacer! It's the 2nd largest behind Le Mans Enduro but by far the longest with 3 separate races for each!

There has been a rumour floating around of the past few days that Champ Car officials have approached V8 Supercar officials with a possible partnership idea. The rumour says that Champ Car officials want the V8 Supercars to go to several races with them around the world. Places being discussed are apparently Europe, America and even South Africa. I managed to find this article which goes into the rumour in abit more detail

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/1...coast-indy.html

Notice how nothing was denied.

There has been a rumour floating around of the past few days that Champ Car officials have approached V8 Supercar officials with a possible partnership idea. The rumour says that Champ Car officials want the V8 Supercars to go to several races with them around the world. Places being discussed are apparently Europe, America and even South Africa. I managed to find this article which goes into the rumour in abit more detail

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2007/1...coast-indy.html

Notice how nothing was denied.

Interesting. Would absolutely love to see it ...

The closest thing we've ever had to V8s here in the US was the old Trans Am series, and they used to run with (then) CART.

I have my doubts weather that will ever happen.

The fans like the fact that it's a home grown racing series, they are loyal to the fact it's Australia's series and are not accepting of the fact they might have races overseas.

We have some very average tracks here, where the cars have out grown them the facilities are poor, but the thing that remains is they always receive massive crowds to each event. When the V8's go overseas like to China and Bahrain (which is the next round) they seem to struggle pulling a crowd. That might be different however if they team up with the CCWS.

I personally would like the series to have a maximum of two or three races outside Australia, one in Bahrain and the other in America. (I think the American public would love V8 Supercar) Maybe V8 Supercars can team up with CCWS at one event in America maybe the round before Surfer's Paradise they will then have two rounds in a row together.

What

Because the V8 Supercars are going to Bahrain next round Toll HSV have got a new livery for the round.

toddkellybahrain07frontkp2.jpg

toddkellybahrain07side1zu6.jpg

I think im in love and im no Holden fan.

Because the V8 Supercars are going to Bahrain next round Toll HSV have got a new livery for the round.

toddkellybahrain07frontkp2.jpg

toddkellybahrain07side1zu6.jpg

I think im in love and im no Holden fan.

That is nice.