Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

V8 Supercars

A SPEEDTV article that I'm too lazy to find denied the possibility of the teaming up.

BUT PLEASE FOR KIMI'S LOVE OF VODKA, BRING THE V8'S TO THE US FOR A RACE. V8's at Laguna, or Vegas, or Road America, or Road Atlanta...yum.

BUT MOST OF ALL, PLEASE GIVE US NORMAL TV COVERAGE FOR THEM V8s. I wanna watch 'em, and since they show them in the winter when I'm at work, I kind of can't.

Because the V8 Supercars are going to Bahrain next round Toll HSV have got a new livery for the round.

toddkellybahrain07frontkp2.jpg

toddkellybahrain07side1zu6.jpg

I think im in love and im no Holden fan.

You don't have to be a Holden fan, that there is a Chevrolet Lumina...not a Commodore. Sadly, neither are sold in the US...(the Commodore is 12 times sexier just because I hate the dumb bar across the grille on the Lumina)...but that is a hot livery.

A SPEEDTV article that I'm too lazy to find denied the possibility of the teaming up.

BUT PLEASE FOR KIMI'S LOVE OF VODKA, BRING THE V8'S TO THE US FOR A RACE. V8's at Laguna, or Vegas, or Road America, or Road Atlanta...yum.

BUT MOST OF ALL, PLEASE GIVE US NORMAL TV COVERAGE FOR THEM V8s. I wanna watch 'em, and since they show them in the winter when I'm at work, I kind of can't.

I hope America gets at least one race. Laguna Seca would be my choice. V8 Supercars and mountains just go hand in hand. Just like Kimi and a bottle of Vodka.

And Laguna is road-trip distance for me ...

Bring it on@!

:clap3::ban_006::beer22:

THERE IS A GOD. SPEED WILL AIR V8 SUPERCARS EVERY SATURDAY AT 1:00 PM EASTERN TIME STARTING DECEMBER 1 WITH THE RACE FROM ADELAIDE.

Here is a video i found of some guy who took his video camera to the V8 Supercars in June this year. The track is possibly the worst in modern civilisation but its still great to hear those V8's race down the straight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaI9DYI12OM

Queensland Raceway is well and truely the worst track in civilisation.

THERE IS A GOD. SPEED WILL AIR V8 SUPERCARS EVERY SATURDAY AT 1:00 PM EASTERN TIME STARTING DECEMBER 1 WITH THE RACE FROM ADELAIDE.

Good. Be sure to report back your thoughts on the series Eric.

I sure will! From what I've seen, I really like the Aussie V8s and am really really really thrilled to have some top quality racing in the off-season.

Because the V8 Supercars are going to Bahrain next round Toll HSV have got a new livery for the round.

toddkellybahrain07frontkp2.jpg

toddkellybahrain07side1zu6.jpg

I think im in love and im no Holden fan.

Not trying to be a smart arse but the sponsorship and number of the car suggest this is actually Todd Kelly from HRT not Toll HSV. Either way the car looks fantastic. As AussieF1 said I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of our American mates on what they think of the V8 Supercar series.

I know I'm in love and I AM a Holden fan.

I hope the Americans enjoy the v8 Supercar season. I actually found the first few rounds to be kind of dull but its certainly picked up in excitment whwen Ford fixed its brake problems.

I hope the Americans enjoy the v8 Supercar season. I actually found the first few rounds to be kind of dull but its certainly picked up in excitment whwen Ford fixed its brake problems.

Based on the endless demands for it at the SPEEDTV boards and the TRN boards, I'd say Americans should enjoy it.

Here is a video i found of some guy who took his video camera to the V8 Supercars in June this year. The track is possibly the worst in modern civilisation but its still great to hear those V8's race down the straight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaI9DYI12OM

Awesome ... Another cool thing about V8s ... You can't get that close to the track here in the States ...

THERE IS A GOD. SPEED WILL AIR V8 SUPERCARS EVERY SATURDAY AT 1:00 PM EASTERN TIME STARTING DECEMBER 1 WITH THE RACE FROM ADELAIDE. :wacko:

Thank $DIETY. They broadcast it last season, I was hoping they would this season. The only bummer is that it's the whole weekend compressed into 1 hour (or it was last season...) Hopefully they'll increase it a bit for this year.

I sure will! From what I've seen, I really like the Aussie V8s and am really really really thrilled to have some top quality racing in the off-season.

Without p**sing anyone off ... I might know a guy that knows a dude that can hook you up with someone who might know about the 2k6 season Speed broadcasts on DVD ... :naughty:

As AussieF1 said I would be interested in hearing the thoughts of our American mates on what they think of the V8 Supercar series.

I would point out that the origin of this thread was Mike's (autumpuma) response to watching the 2006 season ... His thoughts are pretty well summed up, and I believe my thoughts are in there somewhere.

There are a few V8 fans here, and it looks like we may have hooked at least one more with Eric.

:clap3:

So, Eric. The first race has been broadcast in the US. Thoughts?

So, Eric. The first race has been broadcast in the US. Thoughts?

Did you hear who won the Championship??? I should imagine it's not plastered all over the news :eusa_think:

Or should us Australians keep our mouths shut and let you enjoy a great season.

Did you hear who won the Championship??? I should imagine it's not plastered all over the news :eusa_think:

Or should us Australians keep our mouths shut and let you enjoy a great season.

I think we should keep our mouths shut. It was a good season and i dont want to spoil it for anyone.

On another not it was interesting to see Dale Earnhardt Jr (i checked google so i know if spelt his name correctly) at the last round as a guest of the HRT and TOLL HSV teams.

I think we should keep our mouths shut. It was a good season and i dont want to spoil it for anyone.

I agree :D

I try to not find out much about the season, which is pretty much easy, but I do know bits of what happened.

That said, please keep it quiet without a <spoiler> tag or something.

Thanks.

:D

Edit: Little E went down under? Hmm ... NASCAR's comin' to getcha, boys. Better watch out. :P

Edit: Little E went down under? Hmm ... NASCAR's comin' to getcha, boys. Better watch out. :P

Nascar champ keen on Supercars

ONE of the biggest names in world motorsport wants to get behind the wheel of a V8 Supercar.

Nascar champion Dale Earnhardt Jnr was so impressed with the marque at the championship decider at Phillip Island yesterday that the American now wants to drive one of the cars.

Earnhardt was at the Victorian circuit as part of a two-week Australian holiday with friends.

In 2004, Earnhardt won the Daytona 500, six years to the day after his late father won his only title in the 'Great American Race'.

However, Earnhardt is more than just another 'speed freak'. His interests include building a new multi-purpose racetrack in Alabama, and he also features alongside Sheryl Crow on a video musical tribute to the late actor Steve McQueen.

"I've become a fan of the V8 Supercars from watching the series back home on television," Earnhardt said.

"This series has come a long, long way since I first started watching it.

"In a perfect world I would come and race full-time in the V8 series for a year. I believe I would enjoy it. I like the format.

"If I got to talk to the right people and make that happen, I would definitely entertain that (idea).

"I am going to run my butt off in Cup cars until I can't any more. Maybe I'll then move to Australia and race the V8 cars - as long as there is a ride."

Earnhardt was particularly impressed by the technology of the cars and the professionalism of those that prepare them.

"The craftsmanship on the cars is really, really impressive," he said.

"The technology is also very impressive, especially the ability to record data for the whole weekend. We don't have that."

Earnhardt also praised Australian Marcos Ambrose, a two-time V8 Supercar champion, who he will race alongside in the Nascar Sprint Cup series next year.

Ambrose moved to the US two years ago and has worked towards a full-time drive at the top level in Nascar. He will compete in selected races in the main game next year.

"Having Marcos come race with us has given us a better understanding of the (V8 Supercar) series," Earnhardt said.

"I have watched him pretty closely in the races he has run. One thing that has stuck out to me, is that when Marcos came into the Busch Series he was very respectful and very understanding of his position as a rookie.

"He came in with a lot of humility. That was impressive. He's well received and well respected.

"Marcos had a great opportunity at the win in Montreal (when he was leading but was punted off the road). The way he handled that was a great example to a lot of other drivers in the sport.

"He could have blasted a couple of drivers after that race, but he didn't, which was pretty impressive the way he handled himself.

"He's adapted very quickly in the (secondary) Busch series.

"The V8 Supercars are quite similar, and I don't think he will have much problem stepping up."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5012433,00.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The V8 Supercars are many things but i dont usually associate them with advanced technology. It might be interesting to see how a Nascar driver goes at a event like Bathurst to see how good he is on a very tough road course.

"I've become a fan of the V8 Supercars from watching the series back home on television," Earnhardt said.

"This series has come a long, long way since I first started watching it.

To my American cohorts: what channel does he get that we can't?

The V8 Supercars are many things but i dont usually associate them with advanced technology. It might be interesting to see how a Nascar driver goes at a event like Bathurst to see how good he is on a very tough road course.

On technology ... I haven't looked into the issue enough to be sure I'm not speaking out my arse with this, but aren't the Supercars at least nominally based on the production cars they represent? Including such modern niceties as Fuel Injection, Overhead Cams and Independent Suspension ...?

"Cams? Plural? Why'n'ell you need more'n one of em? An' where's the carburetor?"

G.O.B.s love their tek-naw-low-gee!

:lol:

On technology ... I haven't looked into the issue enough to be sure I'm not speaking out my arse with this, but aren't the Supercars at least nominally based on the production cars they represent? Including such modern niceties as Fuel Injection, Overhead Cams and Independent Suspension ...?

Well the V8 Supercars do look almost exactly the same as their road going cousins internally they are quite different but you are right that they do all have Fuel Injection, Overhead Camshafts, Independant Suspension and now just recently they have ECU technology.

Well the V8 Supercars do look almost exactly the same as their road going cousins internally they are quite different but you are right that they do all have Fuel Injection, Overhead Camshafts, Independant Suspension and now just recently they have ECU technology.

I'm sure Ykick knows this, but for the benefit of our overseas bretheren that aren't aware, NASCAB still clings to carburetted, pushrod lumps. Which makes, to my warped mind, at least, 'Yota's involvement that much more entertaining, considering that they've never had a production pushrod V8 ... 'Stock Cars', eh? :blink::redcard:

Edit: I must point out, however, that I think I have the cred to laugh ... I can still tune a carb by smell and sound.

I'm sure Ykick knows this, but for the benefit of our overseas bretheren that aren't aware, NASCAB still clings to carburetted, pushrod lumps. Which makes, to my warped mind, at least, 'Yota's involvement that much more entertaining, considering that they've never had a production pushrod V8 ... 'Stock Cars', eh? :blink::redcard:

Edit: I must point out, however, that I think I have the cred to laugh ... I can still tune a carb by smell and sound.

I must point out that the V8 Supercars still use Pushrod engines but they also have Electronic Fuel Injection which is abit more sophisticated than the Nascar engine. I cant decide wheather i like the recent addition of ECU's as it is abit of a driver aid. I just dont want to lose the element of driver still in modifying a setup midrace. I remember afew years ago Marcos Ambrose was dominating the field and it was revealed by the commentators that he was changing the cars setup 2 or 3 times a lap to get optimum performance from the car for each part of the circuit. I would hate to see ECU's ruin that.

Nascar champion Dale Earnhardt Jnr

What idiot wrote that article? Junior's never won a championship.

Junior also attending Marcos Ambrose's V8 Super School, too lazy to post a link. Junior in a Ford is a bizarre thought, though.

Junior also attending Marcos Ambrose's V8 Super School, too lazy to post a link. Junior in a Ford is a bizarre thought, though.

As far as i know Ambrose doesnt have a V8 Super School. I think they both went to the Paul Morris Racing School (though im no where near 100% certain) and Paul Morris owns and drives for a Holden V8 Supercars team.

Here are some photo's that i have nicked from the speedtv forums

JRAM3.jpg

JRAM1.jpg

JRAM2.jpg