Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Fernando Vs Schumi For One Last Time!!!

Schu, Alonso head-to-head for top award

Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher will go head-to-head for one final time after both were nominated for the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award.

The 2006 title rivals were named among a shortlist of six nominees for the prestigious gong, with retired legend Schumacher shortlisted for a record seventh time.

They are up against Italy

Well, out of Michael and Fernando i would give it to the Spaniard in recognition of his achievements last year. It shouldn't go to Michael just because he has retired. Fernando did a better job last year and deserves it.

What are the criteria for selecting the winner?

If it's sportsmanship as in fair play and contributing to the positive image of the sport, MS and Alonso shouldn't be nominated, let alone win. Alonso would be disqualified for his brake-checking and MS for more than a few...er...questionable acts. DC deserves a sportsman of the year for the time he honoured the gentleman's agreement with Mika a few years back. I'm sure there are better, more recent examples for '06.

Now if it's sportsmanship as in who is the best in the sport, then Alonso should win as he took the championship. This would make the award somewhat redundant as Alonso already has an award for demonstrating he's the best in his field. It's called the World Driver's Champion trophy (or plaque or whatever bric-a-brac they give these days).

12small.jpg

Big a## vases it seems, funny that we know who wins what title but how much but ive never seen the official ceremony. Seen the gala video's they do which are brilliant though.

12small.jpg

Big a## vases it seems, funny that we know who wins what title but how much but ive never seen the official ceremony. Seen the gala video's they do which are brilliant though.

If you see the cup briatore is holding, i can count 5 Ferrari logo's anyone can identify any else{OFF-season mini game}

I have just heard that the Monaco tourist board are recognising Michael for a special award. Apparently they were delighted by his demonstration that it's easy to park in the principality.

What are the criteria for selecting the winner?

If it's sportsmanship as in fair play and contributing to the positive image of the sport, MS and Alonso shouldn't be nominated, let alone win. Alonso would be disqualified for his brake-checking and MS for more than a few...er...questionable acts. DC deserves a sportsman of the year for the time he honoured the gentleman's agreement with Mika a few years back. I'm sure there are better, more recent examples for '06.

Now if it's sportsmanship as in who is the best in the sport, then Alonso should win as he took the championship. This would make the award somewhat redundant as Alonso already has an award for demonstrating he's the best in his field. It's called the World Driver's Champion trophy (or plaque or whatever bric-a-brac they give these days).

Well, it still shouldn't be either of them, even if it's classed as who's best in the sport, because the likes of Federer's achievements outweigh what Nando or Schumi did last year................though tennis isn't quite as dangerous. Mind you, I still wouldn't like a 100mph tennis ball in me nuts!

12small.jpg

Personally, I thought it was a bit harsh calling Alonso and Briatore big a$$ vases.

I have just heard that the Monaco tourist board are recognising Michael for a special award. Apparently they were delighted by his demonstration that it's easy to park in the principality.

:clap3::lol:

Presumably they forgot about his crash in the tunnel a little while back, though.

If the formula 1 runner up (by a fair margin of points in the end) wins the award ahead of the world champioon, it will make a mockery of it!

Alonso outdrove Shumacher in 2006, The points agree with this statement, so do all neutrals and Most alien life!

neither driver is 'sportsman of the year', Schuey made an idiot of himself at monaco, alonso is far from being the prime example of a good sportsman, both drivers are far less deserving (imo) than Federer who always conducts himself with politeness, sportsmanship, and has been completely dominant. Alonso wasnt dominant, he had blips during the year, same with Schumacher.

If the formula 1 runner up (by a fair margin of points in the end) wins the award ahead of the world champioon, it will make a mockery of it!

Alonso outdrove Shumacher in 2006, The points agree with this statement, so do all neutrals and Most alien life!

Geez, Wez, calm down!! :lol:

It's only a token award, nothing to get excited about! :D

neither driver is 'sportsman of the year', Schuey made an idiot of himself at monaco, alonso is far from being the prime example of a good sportsman, both drivers are far less deserving (imo) than Federer who always conducts himself with politeness, sportsmanship, and has been completely dominant. Alonso wasnt dominant, he had blips during the year, same with Schumacher.

Agreed.

Geez, Wez, calm down!! :lol:

It's only a token award, nothing to get excited about! :D

Agreed.

There's races that MS out performs FA and vice versa. I agreed that it's just a token award and people shouldn't get worked up over it.

I absolutely agree that neither should get the award if it's for sportmanship. But atlease MS didn't give the middle finger to his fans.