Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Hamilton Predicts Mclaren, Ferrari Fight

Hamilton predicts McLaren, Ferrari fight

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, February 28th 2007, 12:38 GMT

Briton Lewis Hamilton believes this year's championships will be fought only between the McLaren and Ferrari teams.

Both squads have been among the strongest during winter testing, although the Italian squad are believed to hold the upper hand over long runs.

"I don't necessarily agree with that," said Hamilton when asked if Ferrari were the fastest team. "For sure, at some tests we are on top, and here Ferrari has been very strong.

"I think for sure they have a different programme to us, we do not know what fuel they are running, you don't know what fuel we are running, so it is difficult to say who is quickest but I think Ferrari and McLaren are the two main competitors for the title," added Hamilton today during testing at the Bahrain circuit.

The British driver will make his Grand Prix debut at the Australian Grand Prix next month after an intense winter of preparations.

Hamilton admits he can't wait to get on the grid for his first Formula One race.

"It is taking too long! As I said, the testing has been six weeks and I have been testing three days each. I am extremely excited for the first race," he added.

"I cannot wait to arrive in Australia, I have never been there before, and to be on the gird to see my first GP."

Hamilton added: "I am very very confident, the car is definitely better than last year's and so is the engine. We have a very strong package. Again we will see what happens in the first race. Williams are not here so we don't know what they are up to.

"I don't think anyone is showing their cards yet. Obviously we are in a good position, we still have a lot of work to do and throughout the season we will continue to improve."

stating the obvious, as most f1 drivers do.

hamilton has never seen melbourne let alone drive the albert park circuit so lets not get our hopes up of Lewis beating Alonso first time out!!

"Hamilton predicts McLaren, Ferrari fight "

So does WEZ!!!

hamilton has never seen melbourne let alone drive the albert park circuit so lets not get our hopes up of Lewis beating Alonso first time out!!

Honestly unless Alonso has some real bad luck or major problem with his car, I'm not sure Hamilton will be beating him anytime soon, it'll be a whille before Hamilton can outpace Alonso over the long run stints and actually beat him outright in a race. Single lap sure I think Hamilton can come pretty close. Of course this is my sheer faith in two World driver championships and I could be forced to eat my words by the time the circus reaches Europe.

perhaps on a track that Hamilton knows from GP2, he could surprise us and outqualify alonso once or twice. But to outrace alonso in identical machinery is probably nigh on impossible!

"Hamilton predicts McLaren, Ferrari fight "

So does WEZ!!!

So do I.

---

And yes, no chance of him beating Alonso, unless Alonso retires.