Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Interview With A Hacker

See Mike he could sell the info for millions, but instead he came out, he is trying to tell the department that they need a better security system than they currently have or other countries could/would hack and steal/delete confidential data
Exactly... Theres always going to be bad hackers out there, so its important to have good ones to find the loopholes first so the people know what they need to fix!

I hear you both and I agree with you. What I don't agree with is this guy publicly telling how he did it. If he were truly as altruistic as you say, then he would have given over the information to the U.S. agencies without going public about it. I don't think he had any good intentions, I think, as the linked article states, he was going after UFO information for his own purposes. After he got caught he started crying about how bad the security was to make it seem like he was doing a good thing. At the root of it is his self-serving motivations. If he were to sell the info for millions, as you say AJ, then I would prefer that to his publicly airing this sensitive info. At least he would have kept it quiet if he'd sold the info back to the U.S.....of course he could have sold it to parties wishing the U.S. harm.....

If any deaths come about because malicious people take his info and break into a government system, I shall hold this man partly to blame. Most of the blame would be on the U.S. agencies for not fixing the holes, but surely this man shoulders some blame, at least in my eyes.

Now, to take this thread into a new direction, what say everybody about the things he claims to have seen?

The key word here is claims, 'nuff said..................well wait, I can hear more claims on 'Coast to Coast" or Art Bell's show.

Now, to take this thread into a new direction, what say everybody about the things he claims to have seen?

The old government-UFOs conspiracy theory. I don't believe in that anymore than I believe in Santa Claus. As someone pointed once talking about Roswell, if you think that those many administrations in a city as gossipy as Washington D.C. could maintain all this a secret, then you certainly deserve to be in jail :lol:

The old government-UFOs conspiracy theory. I don't believe in that anymore than I believe in Santa Claus. As someone pointed once talking about Roswell, if you think that those many administrations in a city as gossipy as Washington D.C. could maintain all this a secret, then you certainly deserve to be in jail :lol:

Indeed......................

The key word here is claims, 'nuff said..................well wait, I can hear more claims on 'Coast to Coast" or Art Bell's show.

'nuff said indeed!

Dammit man! Santa Claus is as real as you and I!! What the heck is wrong with you!!!!! The tooth fairy is a hoax, but Santa is sacrosanct!!!!

'nuff said indeed!

Dammit man! Santa Claus is as real as you and I!! What the heck is wrong with you!!!!! The tooth fairy is a hoax, but Santa is sacrosanct!!!!

:nono1: The tooth fairy exists! WHo do you think that put that money then uh??? My parents??? That would be a laugh!

Sorry to say this, Mike, but sometimes you are so naif! :lol:

'nuff said indeed!

How dare you!!!! The tooth fairy always brought me coin for teeth :mf_tongue:

We all know that alien life could exist and it is possible (extremely unlikely) that they have deveoped spacecraft. Even though it is possible i find it extremely unlikely that those aliens would come to earth and could somehow get captured by the US military especially when you consider how advanced they would have to be to get here. It would be like a caveman capturing a fighterjet with a rock, it just wouldnt happen.

Alright, I concede the point. The tooth fairy exists.

Damn straight!!!!

Now about that little leperchaun and his pot-o-gold :eusa_think:

Bah, I followed a rainbow once...and ended up in San Francisco.

:roll:

Bah, I followed a rainbow once...and ended up in San Francisco.

I would never live in San Francisco as it is just too dangerous. I once watched a documentary which said that San Francisco is at the edge of a tectonic plate and every 1000 years the area gets a Earthquake which will flatten the entire city and i also remember the documentary saying that as far as they can tell that massive earthquake could go off tomorrow and kill millions.

PS you've been too San Francisco. Ive been watching this TV show set in that city and nearly every episode they do a flyover shot of this strange triangle shapped building. What is it called? I dont know why but i have developed a real hatred for that building as it just annoys the hell out of me :D

I've been to San Francisco and I don't like it. Nothing about the people, who are really nice, but something about the place[/p] bugs me. I have the opposite reaction to Sedona and Prescott Arizona.....strange....

I've been to San Francisco and I don't like it. Nothing about the people, who are really nice, but something about the place[/p] bugs me. I have the opposite reaction to Sedona and Prescott Arizona.....strange....

My American geography is poor to say the least. How far apart are California and San Francisco?

San Francisco is a city in California, albeit the northern part of the state. Pump and I are in southern California, about 8 hours south of San Francisco. Sedona and Prescott are cities in Arizona, one state east of California, about 6 hours drive away.

My American geography is poor to say the least. How far apart are California and San Francisco?

I'll say, San Francisco, California.

That building is the Transamerica tower, Frisco is full of weired people and even weireder politics :mf_tongue:

San Francisco is a city in California, albeit the northern part of the state. Pump and I are in southern California, about 8 hours south of San Francisco. Sedona and Prescott are cities in Arizona, one state east of California, about 6 hours drive away.

Not to be confused with 'Cedona' on Mars

I'll say, San Francisco, California.

That building is the Transamerica tower, Frisco is full of weired people and even weireder politics :mf_tongue:

I really dont know why but i have a extreme amount of hatred for that building :D

I really dont know why but i have a extreme amount of hatred for that building :D

Like the Sydney Opra House

Like the Sydney Opra House

Could be. I dont know your feelings towards the Sydney Opera House but buildings to me should not be the same shape as a triangle. DEATH TO ALL TRIANGLE BUILDINGS :D