Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

The Jv-bar, Jv-bmw Effect...

Bar-Honda had a great year immediately after JV left...

BMW are projected to have a great 2007, which is also the year after JV left them...

Is this change in form down to:

A ) JV's input bearing fruit (and he not being around to eat them!!) OR

B ) JV's departure from a team brings them good luck!

Discuss.... :unsure:

BTW anyone has an idea on what happened to Williams the year following JV's departure from them after he won the title?

It could easily be construed that the teams reaped benefits from JV in the year before....

Next thread please.....

I believe JV should be credited to some of the success that teams have enjoyed after he has driven for them and then departed, the guy deserves respect.

The public IMO have believed a fair amount of the rubbish Dave Richards, & Mario Theissen have said about JV. And they have both achieved their common goal of tarnishing the character of JV.

I really county agree with it been input from JV, he was with BAR for several years with the team enjoying little or no success, its probably just coincidence that he left at a bad time.

Shame, I was beginning to like JV last season, he was nice to the media and I thought was showing good talent, maybe not for WDC but a consistent runner, like David Coulthard...

Yeah, I think he's always had a firly positive impact on the teams he's driven with, apart from maybe with Renault at the end of 2005.

BMW are projected to have a great 2007, which is also the year after JV left them...

I would not say BAR-HONDA had a great year... and lets wait and see how BMW do this year.

Is this change in form down to:

A ) JV's input bearing fruit (and he not being around to eat them!!) OR

B ) JV's departure from a team brings them good luck!

Discuss.... :unsure:

BTW anyone has an idea on what happened to Williams the year following JV's departure from them after he won the title?

Luckily nojvnof1 and the other JVians have left the forum!

I disagree entirely that teams' performance increased thanks to JV's departure. 2004 BAR would've been competitive whether JV was there or not. They designed & built the car whilst JV was still there, so that ruins the theory.

Williams went downhill in 1998 mainly due to loss of Renault works engines, loss of Rothmans title sponsorship, loss of Newey to mclaren, it had nothing to do with JV, who incidentally had a pretty good 1998 season.

As for BMW, well last year they were still pretty much Sauber repainted. Their change in competitiveness is down to being bought out by a huge manufacturer, not sacking JV!!!

I disagree entirely that teams' performance increased thanks to JV's departure. 2004 BAR would've been competitive whether JV was there or not. They designed & built the car whilst JV was still there, so that ruins the theory.

Williams went downhill in 1998 mainly due to loss of Renault works engines, loss of Rothmans title sponsorship, loss of Newey to mclaren, it had nothing to do with JV, who incidentally had a pretty good 1998 season.

As for BMW, well last year they were still pretty much Sauber repainted. Their change in competitiveness is down to being bought out by a huge manufacturer, not sacking JV!!!

Not all of them, my friend, not all of them....

Not all of them, my friend, not all of them....

Yep....

We are still here

Err ... I'm certainly not the most popular guy around here, but ...

Am I the only one that remembers JV's win at Indianapolis in '95? (The last year that it was a real race).

You don't win from two laps down without some talent. He destroyed his career by being suckered into BAR, and now they are finally getting their crap together; as for BMW ... It's the same story as is frequently repeated on the grid these days: A driver, no matter how talented, is not going to immediately hop into the car and win the WDC and WCC. Even a certain Mister Shoemaker had some years that ... Well, in American Football, we call them "growing years".

Carry on.

Err ... I'm certainly not the most popular guy around here, but ...

Am I the only one that remembers JV's win at Indianapolis in '95? (The last year that it was a real race).

You don't win from two laps down without some talent. He destroyed his career by being suckered into BAR, and now they are finally getting their crap together; as for BMW ... It's the same story as is frequently repeated on the grid these days: A driver, no matter how talented, is not going to immediately hop into the car and win the WDC and WCC. Even a certain Mister Shoemaker had some years that ... Well, in American Football, we call them "growing years".

Carry on.

Master Yoda has returned :thbup:

I really county agree with it been input from JV, he was with BAR for several years with the team enjoying little or no success, its probably just coincidence that he left at a bad time.

Shame, I was beginning to like JV last season, he was nice to the media and I thought was showing good talent, maybe not for WDC but a consistent runner, like David Coulthard...

Richards asked JV to take a pay cut and remain in the team, and JV pulled out, and the chunk of money was put to develop the car and it showed. Not that it was JV who developed it all. I agree JV WAS a good racer, and at a point he was even better than Micheal, But couldnt hold it for too long. Micheal developed Ferrari in a patient and methodical way and took his pay cheque in a justified manner.

Is your head in the sand?J.V. has helped to develope all the teams he's been with,except Renault. He only had three races with them and he was only just getting back into a car. As for BMW, he helped the team a lot throughout testing and most of the season. JV has a great talent when it comes to getting the most out of a car, and he can't be held responsible for the manufactured weaknesses of a ride. JV proved himself as a competent driver for BMW and was faster more often compared to his team mate. All I can say inrespect to JV's relationship with Mario Frikin Theissen, Jacq never had a chance. He was out before he was in!!

Hmmm - I seem to recall that JV in particular was instrumental in bringing designer Willis from Williams over to BAR to replace Malcom.O, who had consistently delivered F1 cars for BAR that were more akin to Indy Cars! On his arrival at BAR, Willis stated that not one single aspect of the '03 car was up to current Formula 1 standards. The first "all Willis" design for BAR was in 2004, when, of course, JV was no longer at BAR (much to the chagrin of the Honda Engineers), following the ludicrous decision to fill his seat with Sato. The team was merely left to ponder what might have been in '04 had sport and engineering overruled marketing ...