Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Curva Alonso!

The Spanish test circuit Ricardo Tormo, located in Valencia, has decided to name one of its corners after the country's double and reigning world champion Fernando Alonso.

From now on, and with the 25-year-old McLaren driver's consent, turn four of the twisty layout - a favourite venue for Formula One testing - will be known officially as 'Curva Alonso'.

A bronze statue of Alonso's head and shoulders will accompany the honour.

'Curva Alonso' is a second-gear right hander taken by a grand prix contender at about 100kph.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yay! The only driver in very recent F1- History to have a corner named after him!

at a small circuit that no-one has heard of!

Indeed just the circuit teams run a hell of alot of miles on, maybe even the most in a year.

Good to see atleast the F1 community appreciates him :thbup:

Indeed just the circuit teams run a hell of alot of miles on, maybe even the most in a year.

Good to see atleast the F1 community appreciates him :thbup:

so its the actual valencia circuit? sorry i thought it was a corner on a different track near valencia. i take my comment back if i'm mistaken

Ricardo Tormo is the test circuit isn't it

Nice of them to do that for him, , its good to get the profile of F1 raised in more countries, and love or hate Alonso he has had a massive impact on the sport in spain.

Ricardo Tormo is the test circuit isn't it

...Alonso, he has had a massive impact on the sport in spain...

You are completly right...and you can add almost every spanish speaking country, Monty let us down... <_<

A little early in his career to be getting a corner named after him and a statue put up me thinks.

How long before one of the German circuits has the Schumacher bend?!

A little early in his career to be getting a corner named after him and a statue put up me thinks.

How long before one of the German circuits has the Schumacher bend?!

Well, I don't know about Germany,but Monaco already has the Schumacher Parking Lot :P

I nice gesture to the greatest Spanish sportsman in history!

Schumacher doesn't like statues since there is not enough bronze currently available on the market to carve his chin!

Schumacher doesn't like statues since there is not enough bronze currently available on the market to carve his chin!

Genius, I'll be billing you for a new keyboard now that my tea has went all over it.

Umm Guys, i think i won't be able to watch the race on sunday because they may not broadcast the channel covering the race because of the world-cup! It would be nice if anyone TIVO'ed the Race and upload it into the secret torrent web-site.(PM me for the web-site address for confidentitial reasons). I'd be very greatful.

Umm Guys, i think i won't be able to watch the race on sunday because they may not broadcast the channel covering the race because of the world-cup! It would be nice if anyone TIVO'ed the Race and upload it into the secret torrent web-site.(PM me for the web-site address for confidentitial reasons). I'd be very greatful.

Don't worry the race will appear on there within 24 hours of its broadcast ;)

I won't be uploading it personally, I don't have a capture card, but they have 2 dedicated rippers on there who always capture the races and upload them

It's their track and he's their new sports hero. They are entitled to do whatever they want to at Valencia. I just love how grating the drivers will find it to be rounding Curva Alonso for 115 laps.....especially Button. Only one win to his name and here's Alonso with two crowns and a corner Button will have to test on....a constant reminder that we'll be seeing 'The Sato Esses' in Suzuka before we'll see 'The Button Hairpin' anywhere!