Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The New Bmw M3

its looks a lot like lownes V8 car. You know the one the one that looked so you you wanted to make love to it.

Apart from being car shaped they look nothing alike.

don't get the second bolded line - I'm American...

Basically a lot of premier league footballers have a penchant for supercars, unsurprisingly. If they are driving to the grounds for training it normally ends up looking like a BMW forecourt.

Most V8's are ugly looking things with back wings big enough to keep the Airbus A380 glued to the ground...

The new M3 is all about being a stylish yet super fast, slick panty dropper!

And at low 4sec 0-100, I think its fair to say this M3 would also eat most those ugly V8 too!

Well guys, the new BMW M3 is an impressive car, but is it worth the investment?

If you need a hightech USEFUL showcase buy a Porsche.

If you need show off buy a Ferrari.

If you need elegance and refinement buy an Aston.

If you need a teutonic car then buy a Mercedes.

If you need to feel like a Premier Ligue footballer then buy a BMW...

Fortunately there are cars for everyone

Most V8's are ugly looking things with back wings big enough to keep the Airbus A380 glued to the ground...

The new M3 is all about being a stylish yet super fast, slick panty dropper!

And at low 4sec 0-100, I think its fair to say this M3 would also eat most those ugly V8 too!

The M3 is a very expensive car for what it is. I would be easy to find simular performance in cars which are alot cheaper.

How is the 911 more "useful" than an M3? The M3 has a large trunk and significantly more interior space than the 911; you can seat 4 adults in an M3 while the 911 has 4 little... pads instead of proper rear seats. It can be used as a track day car and is 2/3 the cost of a 911 (new). They also have greater depreciation than a 911 so they become more affordable faster if you are to buy one a couple years old (as I did).

don't get the second bolded line - I'm American...

You

Just received this e-mail, thought it was really worth posting :D

It's been an age old rivalry between these two automotive giants. Spanning even into The Nazi era where both these motor companies patriotically built vehicles and aviation engines for the purpose of war. Even in today's world we see that this same rivalry, forged in the heat of war, is still as strong and as vicious as ever, with the champion of BMW being the Legendary M3. Mercedes Benz on the other hand have never introduced a series topping model to truly rival the M3, it was always a specification dispute as to whether their challengers where I n the same vehicle class as the Big M.until now that is. Enter the new dominant force in German automotive performance. With two range topping variants including the normally aspirated V8 powerhouse of the "63 AMG" (more thaN enough to take out its rival the M3) and a new supercharged version of this engine in the pipelines to make sure the M5 and M6 are left sniffing burnt rubber and exhaust fumes.CLE.Only God Can Save The M3 Now!!!

I'd buy an M3 estate in a second. Who has them? No one. Total sleeper, like the RS4 Avant.

What are the specs? I'm more "form follows function".

I'd buy an M3 estate in a second. Who has them? No one. Total sleeper, like the RS4 Avant.

What are the specs? I'm more "form follows function".

I hear the E90 M3 will be 0.2sec quicker than the RS4 0-100.

That should give it a 4.3sec 0-100...

Heres some stats:

4.0L V8 307kW 420Nm (bi-VANOS 3rd gen.) engine

Adaptive Xenon Headlights

Carbon Fiber Roof

SMG III 7-Speed transmission with DRIVELOGIC

18″ M Double Spoke Alloy Wheel

I've just realised I don't much like modern cars. Too much elastic trickery for my tastes. The original M3 is the one to have. Raw.

I've just realised I don't much like modern cars. Too much elastic trickery for my tastes. The original M3 is the one to have. Raw.

What I find amusing on modern cars is that in the engine bay, most of it will be covered and there'll be 4 or 5 brightly coloured caps. Basically the car manufacturers are saying, in a very slow, patronising voice - you can touch these bits, but leave the rest to the 'experts'! :lol:

What I find amusing on modern cars is that in the engine bay, most of it will be covered and there'll be 4 or 5 brightly coloured caps. Basically the car manufacturers are saying, in a very slow, patronising voice - you can touch these bits, but leave the rest to the 'experts'! :lol:

HAHAHA, Exactly!

Yup. You can fix a real car with a hammer and an adjustable spanner. Not a laptop. My local Scimitar guru has been advertising for a mechanic for ages now. He says they keep sending him electricians instead.

Yup. You can fix a real car with a hammer and an adjustable spanner. Not a laptop. My local Scimitar guru has been advertising for a mechanic for ages now. He says they keep sending him electricians instead.

Not quite, MG, competent people can fix a real car with a hammer and an adjustable spanner............. :lol:

Those brightly coloured caps are a godsend to me!

Its really good to see you MG :)

Thanks Brad! Just been busy at work for a while.

The blighters, MG, making you work - it's not good for your health you know! :lol:

I saw that show... the three cars were tested around the roads of the Isle Of Man.

The Porsche was quickest based purely on the fact that its handling was superb. Although I have no evidence as yet I will be willing to bet that the new M3 (despite having a smaller engine with less power) would easily beat the M6 around a race track and come very close to the Porsche.

With regard to Brad's mail, We will have to wait and see... When the previous shape M3 came out though I remember all the Merc fans saying the C32 would beat it and that was most def NOT the case... I still believe the M3 is the benchmark for all super saloons... Although rumblestrip's saloon looks good value for money!

That

Have to admit hankering after a M-B 190E 2.3-16. Proper motor. But if you really want kicks, an Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite. Now there's purity of purpose.