Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The New Bmw M3

Glad to have you posting again, Russ!

I've just realised I don't much like modern cars. Too much elastic trickery for my tastes. The original M3 is the one to have. Raw.

You and me both. Every modern car looks artificial. I can't explain it better than that.

Have to admit hankering after a M-B 190E 2.3-16. Proper motor. But if you really want kicks, an Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite. Now there's purity of purpose.

Love the Sprite, but hard to find here in Cali.

I hear the E90 M3 will be 0.2sec quicker than the RS4 0-100.

That should give it a 4.3sec 0-100...

Heres some stats:

4.0L V8 307kW 420Nm (bi-VANOS 3rd gen.) engine

Adaptive Xenon Headlights

Carbon Fiber Roof

SMG III 7-Speed transmission with DRIVELOGIC

18″ M Double Spoke Alloy Wheel

Have to admit hankering after a M-B 190E 2.3-16. Proper motor. But if you really want kicks, an Austin Healey Frogeye Sprite. Now there's purity of purpose.

Purity of purpose? It was a b@stardisation of A35 suspension components, Minor mechanicals and only had half leaf springs. It handled like a drunk pony and had a face like Bonnie Langford.

I agree about the Merc' though. Great Cossie engine.

Purity of purpose? It was a b@stardisation of A35 suspension components, Minor mechanicals and only had half leaf springs. It handled like a drunk pony and had a face like Bonnie Langford.

I agree about the Merc' though. Great Cossie engine.

Ah. My meaning was that it's purpose was to provide fun. Not to be at the cutting edge of technology. As for the handling, I quite enjoyed it. Sort of.

How much will a BMW M3 cost in England?

There is no official price available, I could only find one site which says in USA... Full house M3 would set you back around $62 000.

There is no official price available, I could only find one site which says in USA... Full house M3 would set you back around $62 000.

I tend to use the price of the car in England as the indicator as nearly every car worth buying is sold in England.

I tend to use the price of the car in England as the indicator as nearly every car worth buying is sold in England.

True... Both the South African & American market values can be rather misleading.

True... Both the South African & American market values can be rather misleading.

I know. To buy a new BMW in Australia you are probably going to pay $10000 US less than you would if you bought it in Europe. I have no idea why Europe is so expensive but it is still a good indicator.

I hear the E90 M3 will be 0.2sec quicker than the RS4 0-100.

That should give it a 4.3sec 0-100...

Heres some stats:

4.0L V8 307kW 420Nm (bi-VANOS 3rd gen.) engine

Adaptive Xenon Headlights

Carbon Fiber Roof

SMG III 7-Speed transmission with DRIVELOGIC

18″ M Double Spoke Alloy Wheel

I prefare new cars because they will have much superior chassis, suspension, balance and much smoother and efficient (at creating power) engines...weight can be seen as an issue with cars getting fatter but then again my idea of a real car is...............

Radical SR8