Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Mark Webber

I dont know wheather to believe you or not but i am certain it was really just a racing incident. All drivers have/cause accidents in their careers and it amazes me that so many people are attacking Coulthard for having a crash which is a common occurance in formula 1. If you dont like seeing crashes go watch lawn bowls.

I am sure williams, and Wurz's family wouldn't have said that if the accident had proved more tragic. DC needs to be more careful he is too experienced to make newboy errors like that

omg everyone is exaggerating sooo much, these types of accidents happen all the time. For the incident to have been tragic, DC would have had to have hit Wurz level with Wurz's head, which would have meant hitting his sidepod, which would've pitched Wurz into a spin, DC wouldnt have gone over the Williams.

everyone stop being so melodramatic, yes it was a stupid attempt from a long way back but there are people saying 'DC should retire', which is just pathetic

remember Sato's move on Schuey at Spa 05? Or Damon Hill's attempt to pass Schuey silverstone 95? Should those drivers be banned from the sport? Of course not

remember Sato's move on Schuey at Spa 05? Or Damon Hill's attempt to pass Schuey silverstone 95? Should those drivers be banned from the sport? Of course not

I also dont recall anyone calling for Schumacher to retire when he hit Coulthard at Monaco in 2005. That was clearly driver error so by the logic of some people on this forum Schumacher should have retired in 2005 and any driver who causes a accident should be banned from driving a formula 1 car.

yes its sad and i'm surprised to be honest at the ridiculous reaction. Think how many times we've seen drivers being hit up the inside in a misjudged overtaking attempt, its a common error, we're just not used to seeing it from DC

I dont know wheather to believe you or not but i am certain it was really just a racing incident. All drivers have/cause accidents in their careers and it amazes me that so many people are attacking Coulthard for having a crash which is a common occurance in formula 1. If you dont like seeing crashes go watch lawn bowls.

Where am I attacking Coulthard? I pointed out your error and instead of admitting it (like DC has his) you instead infer that I would blatently lie about something (as this is the second time I've brought it to your attention), just to 'discredit' DC.

It's strange when some people can't win an argument they have to try and devalue the other person's opinion as lesser than your own. Fact: DC's own opinion of his incident is more valid than yours.

Neither of those were attempted moves, they were drivers who broke slightly late in the rain.

(I agree with your point on DC though, just neither of your comparisons were attempted passes)

Neither of those were attempted moves, they were drivers who broke slightly late in the rain.

(I agree with your point on DC though, just neither of your comparisons were attempted passes)

silverstone 95 was dry and an attempted overtake, i'm sure there are several more examples, just not popping into my head right now. But you see my point, its a common mistake when trying to overtake

Are you sure Silverstone 95 was bone dry? I recall the move you are talking about in the last sector (I don't know the names of all the gay turns at that place... its after the fast sweeping turn in S3)

I recall it being wet.

Are you sure Silverstone 95 was bone dry? I recall the move you are talking about in the last sector (I don't know the names of all the gay turns at that place... its after the fast sweeping turn in S3)

I recall it being wet.

im pretty sure it was dry, Hill took a wild lunge from way back, up the inside of Schuey. He didnt slide on rain or anything like that, he just went into the side of MS & it was a silly move, but like I say it happens all the time

omg everyone is exaggerating sooo much, these types of accidents happen all the time. For the incident to have been tragic, DC would have had to have hit Wurz level with Wurz's head, which would have meant hitting his sidepod, which would've pitched Wurz into a spin, DC wouldnt have gone over the Williams.

everyone stop being so melodramatic, yes it was a stupid attempt from a long way back but there are people saying 'DC should retire', which is just pathetic

Did you SEE how close the side of DC's car was to hitting wurz? all it needed was another few inches

Where am I attacking Coulthard? I pointed out your error and instead of admitting it (like DC has his) you instead infer that I would blatently lie about something (as this is the second time I've brought it to your attention), just to 'discredit' DC.

It's strange when some people can't win an argument they have to try and devalue the other person's opinion as lesser than your own. Fact: DC's own opinion of his incident is more valid than yours.

I didn't think DC had caused that error. What program was that aired on, I would like to listen to DC's comments, I believe I should have the reviews at hand.

ITV season review 2005 I believe, I recorded it so I can write a transcript when I am less busy (4 deadlines in the space of 2 days).

Yikes, good luck with that ;)

I shall give it a watch later, I have it on my hard disk

Why dont you think before you post. It was reported that Webber was suffering a sticky throttle and also had massive understeer.

Ohhh so it was sticky throttle and MASSIVE UNDERSTEER that caused him to spun out in the pitlane entry. Silly me, I thought it was his driving. :P

He went slightly wide and put his wheel on the grass. With a handling problem that would be enough to make a car spin.

Ohhh so it was sticky throttle and MASSIVE UNDERSTEER that caused him to spun out in the pitlane entry. Silly me, I thought it was his driving. :P

The spin wasn't the cause of him losing so much time, as he lost it before, in his first stop when the fuel flap would not open.

MS did plenty of dangerous things in his career, and people still want to suck him off.

For the record... I Crackerz , being of sound mind and spirit, ..... do NOT wish to suck off Michael Schumacher.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Thank you.

Anything DC can do, Webbo can do better......

So how come Webber was 7th before his problems and DC wasn't?

DC had a terrible qualifying session and for the first part of the race he was stuck behind Button. In the 2nd stint Coulthards lap times were faster than the Toyota's and Renault's.

DC had a terrible qualifying session and for the first part of the race he was stuck behind Button. In the 2nd stint Coulthards lap times were faster than the Toyota's and Renault's.

Terrible because? DC messed up.

So his own problem that he was stuck behind Button.

Terrible because? DC messed up.

So his own problem that he was stuck behind Button.

We dont know he messed up. If there was dirt on the track during his lap then that would have easily slowed him down and would have prevented him reaching the next stage. You cannot compare Coulthard and Webber based on one qualifying session.

Anything DC can do, Webbo can do better......

For clarification, I meant falling off in the pit lane.

We dont know he messed up. If there was dirt on the track during his lap then that would have easily slowed him down and would have prevented him reaching the next stage. You cannot compare Coulthard and Webber based on one qualifying session.

So you can use just one stint in one race to compare them, but I can't use a qualifying session. A stint when you don't know relative fuel loads, whereas in qualifying 1, they will have similar loads. Interesting.

Then again, when you can't win an argument you just call the poster you are discussing something with untrustworthy, huh?

Don't know why I bothered trying again when it comes to DC and you. :thbdn: