Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Mark Webber

:lol: must have seen someone he didn't like

Again Webber fails, 7th to 13th great race for him. Had DC seen the finish flag that would have been in front of Webber's placing great................. :D:D:D:D

Again Webber fails, 7th to 13th great race for him. Had DC seen the finish flag that would have been in front of Webber's placing great................. :D:D:D:D

Why dont you think before you post. It was reported that Webber was suffering a sticky throttle and also had massive understeer.

Heh, silly people who don't take time to realise what is happening in races.

Why dont you think before you post. It was reported that Webber was suffering a sticky throttle and also had massive understeer.

So what? he still finished in 13th place started in 7th If he was suffering a sticky throttle Im sure the team will confirm this sometime soon but it still does not change the fact he when from 7th to 13th.

Ok then, Webber fails because the car has issues? I guess you think all the drivers who didn't finish or were behind Webber are terrible?

Ok then, Webber fails because the car has issues? I guess you think all the drivers who didn't finish or were behind Webber are terrible?

From my point of view it looks like Webber just had a very slow in and out lap at his first pit stop and lost many places. Many drivers from time to time has small problems with their cars but find ways to drive around them fast and continue on. Webber still has to find a way to cope with the small car problems that are going to happen during a race weekend or race.

From my point of view it looks like Webber just had a very slow in and out lap at his first pit stop and lost many places. Many drivers from time to time has small problems with their cars but find ways to drive around them fast and continue on. Webber still has to find a way to cope with the small car problems that are going to happen during a race weekend or race.

So Webber out qualifies his team mate by 12 positions and has a perfectly fine first stint and then something screws up during his second pit stop and its his fault that he falls back lots of positions. Yeah that makes lots of sense! There was a problem with the car you moron!

I don't know if you missed it, but Webber did spin in the pit lane, that would account for the time lost. Whether it was mechanical or error its hard to say because it is very unusual to see a spin at such low speed

I don't know if you missed it, but Webber did spin in the pit lane, that would account for the time lost. Whether it was mechanical or error its hard to say because it is very unusual to see a spin at such low speed

Yeah that spin near the pit entry was a little average. But a good first stint was pulling away from the Toyota pair quite nicely. I believe RBR where punching a little above their weight this weekend and should be reasonably happy with the pace of the car.

Its hard to say whether he is right or not, but Brundle says he expects the RBR car to really fly when they find its sweet spot. Newey is a very talented designer, and I am sure the car can only get better.

Mark looked more impressive than DC all weekend, in my opinion. A rare rush of blood from DC, but atleast as the consumate pro' he had the good sense to hold his hand up.

Its hard to say whether he is right or not, but Brundle says he expects the RBR car to really fly when they find its sweet spot. Newey is a very talented designer, and I am sure the car can only get better.

Yeah, it's a cosy notion; we all expect a Newey car to go well. But (hush, say it quietly) maybe Newey's pencil is a little blunt and he should go and design them boats.

Mark looked more impressive than DC all weekend, in my opinion. A rare rush of blood from DC, but atleast as the consumate pro' he had the good sense to hold his hand up.

Now that you mention hands up, I recall Kimi waving his fist at some backmarker. Alonso fans, let's take note of this as I think this will come handy as the season progresses :naughty:

Murray Walker pointed out that while Coulthard's move on Wurz was overoptimistic it was a move that only a person who still had a passion to do well would make.

xD

Could be the case that its just not as good as everyone thinks, but answers will come. I would like to find out what caused the pit lane spin though, I think that was one of the most bizarre things I have seen in F1 for a while.

And that DC incident was horrifying, its amazing how close he came to seperating Wurz's head and body

Murray Walker pointed out that while Coulthard's move on Wurz was overoptimistic it was a move that only a person who still had a passion to do well would make.

Passion? Perhaps.

Wits? Doubtfully :lol:

Sorry, but that was a dumb move from both Wurz and DC (both of them should have known better considering they are no rookies) MW's commentary is OK, as long as they use it the next time someone else makes a dumb move. Don't think that if Sato would have pulled that antic MW would have said that, though.

Agree, it was a rather ordinary move to say the least. (Maybe a bit of MW is rubbing off on DC ;) )

Yeah, it's a cosy notion; we all expect a Newey car to go well. But (hush, say it quietly) maybe Newey's pencil is a little blunt and he should go and design them boats.

Time will tell I guess. If RBR errrrr let me rephrase that, if the Red Bull pack of STR and RBR are not on the pace by round 5 or 6 then your suggestion may prove to be very much correct.

He was lucky, an accident like that in the pit lane could have serious ramifications, having an out of control F1 car heading for you at 50 MPH is brown trouser time for any mechanic

Agree, it was a rather ordinary move to say the least. (Maybe a bit of MW is rubbing off on DC ;) )

Best clarify myself here, I don't mean by DC making shocking attempts to pass another can I meant that DC may have learnt from MW how to put you hand up and say to the media "hey I F#@ked up"

Best clarify myself here, I don't mean by DC making shocking attempts to pass another can I meant that DC may have learnt from MW how to put you hand up and say to the media "hey I F#@ked up"

I agree. Honesty in F1 is always a good thing.

Red Bull Quotes:

David Coulthard - DNF: "I tried to have a go down the inside of Alex Wurz's car at Turn three, but I was too far back and screwed it up. I went for the pass, but it was over optimistic on my part. The collision was my fault, not Alex's, so apologies to him for that."

Mark Webber - 13th: "It was tough race today, the first pit stop didn't go very well and when I went back out, I was having trouble maintaining my speed going into the corners. I wasn't able to get the pace back that I'd had in the first stint, which was very frustrating. Nothing really went right today, but that's the game we're in, some days give you a good feeling and the next day it isn't so easy."

Christian Horner: "It's a shame for Mark not to score points as he was driving well. Unfortunately, his car had a fuel flap problem, which cost him a lot of time at his first stop and then it stuck open, which affected his car's aerodynamic performance. It's a shame, as he deserved a couple of points out of the weekend.

"David was always looking to make up ground from a low grid position. He was making good progress and his lap times looked respectable, but an optimistic move on Wurz unfortunately resulted in his retirement."

Fabrice Lom, Renault Principal Engineer, Track Support: "I think that we concluded our first Grand Prix weekend on a positive note. We looked quite competitive, especially in the first stint. In spite of the incident with David, we were pleased to see Mark's car make it to the finish.

"The chassis and engine teams have worked very hard during the past few weeks and I truly believe this is a promising start. We now look forward to Malaysia where we hope to continue our progress."

Poor Webber, he deserved points after a strong first stint. Hope the Red bull improves, sure it will with their engineering crew. Ferrari were too quick today. Hope the season isn't crap!

Christian Horner: "It's a shame for Mark not to score points as he was driving well. Unfortunately, his car had a fuel flap problem, which cost him a lot of time at his first stop and then it stuck open, which affected his car's aerodynamic performance. It's a shame, as he deserved a couple of points out of the weekend.

I thought I noticed his fuel flap still, where I was sitting was on the left hand side but I saw the bright coloured inside of the flap and thought maybe the pit lane speed limited was still engaged he was going so slowly around turn one and two.